Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 18, 2009

the Balm Time Balm Concealer Review

You know the Muse, she's terribly addicted to concealers. I got many requests asking me to please review the Balm Time Balm Concealer for a while plus I got many recommendations from lovely readers who told me how great it was.


I decided it was about time that I try it out for myself to see if all the excitement that surrounds this particular concealer was living up with the Muse's expectations.

It's good. It's not great and it's not my holy grail concealer of choice but it's not bad. the Balm Time Balm Concealer comes housed in a rather tiny little clear jar that's about the size of what you'd get a pigment sample in. Although the packaging is tiny it houses plenty of concealer that should last well over a year. Also included is a tiny, circle sponge that blends the concealer in place.


Few fun facts about the concealer....

It's not a moisturizing concealer in any way, shape, or form. If you're older this is probably not one of the first concealers you'll want to be reaching for simply because it takes a tiny bit of work to get it in place and blended in thus being older you aren't going to want to do all that rubbing around the eye area so much (or even if you're younger for that matter). The product is pigmented enough to hide up plenty of woes such as dark circles, puffy eyes, and fine lines. Although the concealer is more of "harder" texture than what I'd prefer it does cover up amazingly well.




I think the key to getting it blended correctly is using the small sponge it comes with. I twirl my finger in the top and dab a few spots under my eyes and proceed to pat on with the sponge. It seems to give a nice airbrushed look by applying this way but I do have to be careful with prepping correctly otherwise it creases and cakes terribly.

Coverage is good and the concealer performs pretty well all day without a touch up in between. I think if you prefer, for lack of a better word, a more dense concealer this would be something to consider. The texture is not creamy nor can it be compared to Benefit Boi-ing's formula which also has a slightly "hard-like" texture. The feel of the product holds it's own in the concealer department.

Overall, it a good concealer but I have doubts I'd repurchase if I ran out as I prefer a more moisturizing concealer. This would be a great one for those who prefer this style of texture in their concealers. Personally, at my age, I'm all about moisturizing concealers. This was nice and quite good but not on my to buy again list.

Anyone love it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger nemuineko said...

I find that this concealer works better if i scoop some out onto my fingers, warm it up (like La Mer) and then pat and blend. I agree, more moisturizing concealer is better for under my eyes, but for travel/purse touch-up bag, this is good, since it's so tiny, and pigmented.

March 18, 2009 at 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried mixing the concealer into a moisturizer and then applying it? Does it work better that way? I'm tempted to try it..

March 18, 2009 at 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse,

Long time reader, first time commenter! I heard about this concealer before and your post re-piqued my interest. I don't have problems with undereye circles, but sometimes the occasional pimple pops up. Do you think this might be a good concealer to use in those cases? Just FYI, I currently have Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage but it's getting dried up...

Thanks! :)

-C

March 18, 2009 at 9:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kaoru

I was warming on my wrist and it seemed to do a fairly good job but I also thought that patting with the sponge really applied it well but I have to be super careful if I do it that way b/c it creases bad.

I agree travel friendly as hell and really nicely pigmented to work at covering woes but for my older eyes a more moisturizing concealer is best ;-D

March 19, 2009 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elke!

It always tickles me when you read one of my posts :-D Haven't tried it yet but that could be better...! It's a very thick, hard concealer that does a fab job of cover up but my terribly dry eyes prefer something more moisturizer. Going to try out mixing with my fav eye cream and see if that helps :-D

March 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi c!

Thanks for being such a long time reader and thanks for commenting today :-D Hmmmm you can prob use the a pimple if you like but have you seen the new BB cover stick? This should be a nice option for concealing pesky pimples plus it's meant to be used as such :-D

March 19, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home