Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 17, 2009

Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Sand & Sea Eyeshadow Palette Review and Swatches

Happiness is the new Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Sand & Sea Palette! Loves it!



Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess has some particularly great items that were released with this very early Summer-like collection but the one I'm loving the best is undoubtedly the Sand & Sea Palette.




A little golden sand, a bit of the ocean, and the perfect blue sky and you'll have an ideal palette for creating numerous Summer looks that are sure to please. The palette is made up pf six silky shimmering shades of color that range from aqua to gold and than some. Housed in a slick slim line case in a golden bronze shade that flips open to reveal a full size mirror, you'll be wanting to tote this little guy along on your next tropical getaway!



The shadows are all silky smooth with a satin finish with the barest hint of shimmer. The colors have quite good color pay off and blend very well. Plenty of variety is housed in the palette and the colors fitting in with their name of "Sand and Sea". You'll get an aqua shade, a sky blue, a deep chocolate brown, a shimmering sunset gold, a light cream beige, and a subtle bronze. Contrasting aqua with the sandy, golden shades creates a rather interesting effect on lids that really brings out a bit of the Summer. The palette is a nice price at $38 USD which rounds out to around to $6 dollars per a shade of shadow. You're getting quite a fair bit of product for the price. I'm a sucker for gorgeous palettes and this is really a nice one especially considering the variety you can get from all six shades. I created three separate looks for you with the palette but you can get any number of combinations from it.








For my look below I started out using the light blue shade all over my lid and crease. I followed up by using the deeper shade of aqua on my lid and blending slowly upwards. I finished the look by lining my lower lash line and my lower waterline with the Estee Lauder Duo-Tone Eye Pencil. You'll also notice I used a tiny touch of the gold shade above my crease just blended upwards slightly for a hint of shimmer!





For my second look I started off by giving my entire eye a color wash using Tea Biscuit (light cream beige), I paid particularly close attention to my high brow area, highlighting with this shade. I followed up with Ginger Drop (subtle bronze shade) on my lid and completed the look by contrasting Ginger Drop with Gold Nugget (sunset gold shade) in my lid and blending upwards.






For my final look I used just about all the shades and the kitchen sink! Tea Biscuit was used as an all over color wash and followed up with Ginger Drop on my lid and contrasted with Gold Nugget on the outer v of my eye and blended into the crease. A tiny touch of Bronze Cube (chocolaty brown shade) on my crease blended upwards complete the upper part of my eye. For a bit of pop I added some aqua to my lower lash line and lined my lower waterline with the Estee Lauder Duo-Tone Eye Pencil.








Although this is a review of the Estee Lauder Sand & Sand Palette I also used the new Estee Lauder Duo-Tone Eye Pencil in my few of my looks which deserves a mention. This pencil is a dual sided liner that has two shades of color in one pencil. The Muse wishes that more brands would embrace this idea, I heart two shades of color for my dollar! This is worth a look and a buy if you're a fan of aqua shades as this has two shades of brilliant aquas that are unique and pair well with the palette.








Overall, I'm really enjoying my adventures with the entire Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Collection. It's Summer-friendly and has plenty of beautiful shades to last well into the Fall if you choose to haul the palette out when the cooler weather sets in (I know, I know! Spring isn't hear yet and I'm on about Fall but hey makeup junkies must prepare ahead). The palette is a nice value for the price and offers plenty of color options for quite a few eye looks. If you're looking for a warmer bronze palette to flatter your Summer tan look no further than the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Sand and Sea Palette, tis Muse Approved for purchase! Head on over to your counter for a swatch, the Muse guarantees you'll fall in love with it.



See more of the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Collection by visiting www.esteelauder.com

Love it?

Want it?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger bk377 said...

You had me at eyeshadow palette! This is the first eyeshadow palette like this I've seen from Estee Lauder and I'm definitely lemming this big time. I hope we get it in Korea, I'm a bit worried that a "Bronze Goddess" collection might be out of favour with Koreans and therefore that they might skip it.

I was lucky enough to get the entire Bronze Goddess fragrance collection as well as half the make-up collection last year so it's good to see EL haven't dropped the ball with this new collection.

March 18, 2009 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I'm not too sure I would actually use this palette if I got it...but I sure do love the Bronze Goddess perfume. I bought it last week and I am in love with it. Its just got that summer smell all over it.

March 18, 2009 at 12:58 AM  
Blogger Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

Initially when I look at the swatches, I do not find the blues are attractive.. but with you 1st FOTD, it looks fantastic! It looks so vibrant yet sexy....

March 18, 2009 at 2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks totally awesome!I think I'll buy that myself.And I just wanna say one thing, I've been meaning to say it for some time now : You have beautiful eyes, big beautiful expressive eyes! One of the most expressive pair of eyes I've ever seen.

March 18, 2009 at 4:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey beauty bitch :-D how are you today lovie?

ahhh yes! I should be Korean as I avoid the sun like the plague hehe!

I didn't indulge last year and I feel like I missed out as everyone was raving how great the scent was and is...but I'm happy this year I got a chance to try especially the perfume so yumssssss! It was a good collection, I admit that I'm one for sporting the whitest skin around come summer but collections like this get me in the mood for a bit of a tan lol!

March 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie!

I got it too! It's so yums :) makes me think Summer!

the beach, sun tan oil, tropical...great scent :-D

March 18, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi syn!

Thanks very much hun ;-D At first swatch I was a little meh about it too but I must admit after using it I fell in lust!

March 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi bluesad_angel!

Isn't it lovely?

Oh my gosh you're good for my ego today...thanks so very much that's really a nice thing to say :-D I always think my eyes are terribly buggy and dominate my face terribly. You're so sweet *hugs*

March 18, 2009 at 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No no Muse...no buggy hun, your eyes are amazing!
I've always stare at them in your photos..and you do know how to put on makeup girl...I've learn a lot from! Plus you did save me lots of money with this cool blog you have! Cheers hun, you rock!

March 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM  
Blogger zanne said...

That palette is very pretty! Have you seen the new summer one from Guerlain? It kinda reminds me of this, with the sand & ocean shades of colors. I want it so badly but it's too expensive. Maybe I will have to check this one out instead. I am also tempted to get that eyeliner! I just love all the blue colors for summer. I am not entirely sure I can pull it off, but I am going to try! Nice review!

March 18, 2009 at 11:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi bluesad_angel!

You're too kind :-D thank you so much hun *hugs*

Thanks so much for your lovely comments/compliments it makes me feel great that you like my blog so much and are learning a little something :-D

March 19, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello zanne!

oh yes it's lovely can't wait to get it :-D It looks too gorgeous :-D

It's a good dupe that's for sure with plenty more product too! :-D

Have a little swatch in store or have them try it on you ;-D

Glad you enjoyed the review hun!

March 19, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home