Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 21, 2009

Givenchy Spring Collection 2009: Givenchy Precious Sari Glittering Eyeshadow Maharani Silver and Maharani Gold Photos, Swatches, and Review

Here's an interesting little item released with the Givenchy Spring Collection this year, Givenchy Precious Sari Glittering Eyeshadow.

Quite a new turn for Givenchy to do a creamy eyeshadow or in this case more like a gel!


Givenchy Precious Sari Glittering Eyeshadow is available in two shades and gives lids a shimmering, foiled effect, paired up with the Givenchy Sari Glow Blush you'll be sporting a beautiful warm, sparkling look this Spring Season!

The shadows are a gel-like consistency that apply a very sheer wash of glitter to eyes. It's really nothing to dramatic but the completed look is quite nice and I guess the fact that it's so sheer actually works well because you aren't taking away from the bolder blusher you'll be wearing from the collection. This comes with a pointed tip sponge applicator which applies the glitter easily onto lids, blends it beautifully, and makes for ease of application along the lower waterline and inner corners of the eye.

The product is available in Maharani Gold which is a shimmering beige like gold and Maharani Silver which is a true silver shade. My favorite of the two is definitely Maharani Gold as I really love golds and secondly I think it's much more suitable and themed towards the entire collection.











Sadly, at $26 USD these aren't all that cheap and by now you're probably thinking of a dozen other products you have stashed away that perform the same function at half the cost. Personally, I find them interesting and unique and worth the $26 USD price tag but I may be bias, as when it comes to high end cosmetics I rarely mind the high cost.

If you're a big fan of Givenchy you're going to want to pick these up. I do believe they are well worth adding to your Spring Collection list especially the gold! I'll be doing FOTD's in the next few days with the entire Givenchy Spring Collection 2009 so keep it tuned in here.

Love these?

Want 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Check our further info about this release and other great Givenchy cosmetics at www.parfumsgivenchy.com

See a few FOTD's using these items by clicking below:

Givenchy FOTD 1

Givenchy FOTD 2

related posts

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they look pretty :)

January 21, 2009 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I once bought a lipgloss from givenchy and i loved it, so glad to find your blog! Can't wait to read about the goodies

January 21, 2009 at 11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

amo il vostro canale! siete stupefacente! continui il buon lavoro! vi amiamo in Italia!

January 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they don't look very nice IMO... i don't think i'd pay that much for these. sorry

January 22, 2009 at 2:53 PM  
Blogger delete this said...

Did you get the lippies as well? I have had them in my Sephora basket for ever but wanted to see actual reviews and swatches b4 I hit that buy button. Love the gold one! And I can't wait to see the FOTD with the whole collection - but the Orange Blush is now totally putting me off, seems really er orange? Kwim? LOL Thanks for the swatches though - it helps a lot!

January 22, 2009 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

me too me too :)

January 23, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi DSKNguyen

Isn't it lovely?

Welcome! Thanks for visiting me here :) I hope you'll enjoy my blog!

January 23, 2009 at 3:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL thank you so much francesca :) My love to you in Italy and yes diseased am I!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the comment!

baci!!!!!!

January 23, 2009 at 3:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

I'm just diseased :) I love the gold and silver couldn't resist!

January 23, 2009 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi j!

I did :) did you see my review?

I'll def do some fotds so you can see how it looks on ;)

I wanted to get everything up so people could see it quickly as I'm legendary for lagging behind while working on fotds ;)

I think you might like the orange blush..it's quite pretty and unique!

January 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home