Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 20, 2009

Tarte The Eraser Concealer Review

Dontcha just wish you had an eraser to wipe away fine lines, problem skin, and anything else that bugs you about your face? Wouldn't that be the ideal product? A little swipe of my handy eraser and all my woes and troubles would be gone!


Well..I don't really have an eraser to do ALL of that but the next best thing would be nabbing yourself Tarte The Eraser Concealer and calling it a day!




We've been on this adventure before haven't we? Ahhh the concealer journey truly it's grown to epic proportions and the Muse loves to gather concealers near and far and put them to the test to see how brave they are at concealing my under eye woes! Tarte happens to be pass all my tests and gets a rather high score in the concealer department.



The Muse freaking loves click pen concealers and this happens to be packaged in a chubby little click pen which in my opinion makes a great travel companion, easily stores away, and just makes application a breeze. Although the product is not new it has released several new shades for the Spring Collection release so at the moment you can get this in up to 10 shades which is truly fantastic. In particular they introduced porcelain which I was quite excited about as I had swatched Fair (the lightest shade available at the time) last season and it was a bit too dark for me but Porcelain is perfect!



The formula is a creamy moisturizing silicon and water based formula that keeps skin hydrated while wearing long without creasing or caking. It also happens to be extremely "green" friendly for those who are conscious what goes into their cosmetics.

You'll be happy to know the formula contains none of the following:

  • Parabens
  • Petro-Chemicals
  • Phthalate
  • Sulfate
  • Fragrances
  • Dyes
  • Talc

It does contain all of the following good for you ingredients:

  • Safflower Seed (known for it's moisturizing benefits)
  • Arnica Flower Extract (known to reduce the appearance of dark circles)
  • Cucumber Extract (Vitamins A and C)
  • Olive Oil (retains moisture in the skin)

My eyes seemed to like the formula very much and that's saying alot considering that my eyes are super dry which causes creasing and caking drama. The formula is richly pigmented and fantastic for covering up puffy eyes, dark circles, and other woes and problems. It did a great job of waking up my tired eyes just as a good concealer should. The coverage is buildable so one click will do both eyes perfectly well and maybe a second one if you're really wanting to cover heavy duty problems.


If you're not feeling the need to shell out $40 USD for our beloved Dior Booster Pen or YSL Radiant Touch I think that at $19 USD this makes a pretty great substitute. I don't think the formula is as creamy as the Dior pen but it's definitely in a class of greatness of it's own!

Who needs it?

  • Anyone who likes click pen concealers for in a flash touch ups!
  • Anyone who needs a creamy, moisturizing concealer that's pigmented enough to conceal puffy eyes, fine lines, and dark circles
  • Those who desire paraben free and good for you ingredients in their cosmetics!

All in all I think Tarte Eraser Concealer is quite a good concealer and does exactly what it promises. The price is right, it conceals and wears long plus it's easy to tote around with you!

The Muse likey!

Anyone tried Tarte the Eraser?

Love it?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wanting to try this, but first I wanted to read some reviews. You convinced me :) My current concealer creases horribly, so now I have a good reason to try The Eraser. Thanks!

January 22, 2009 at 5:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi andrea!

awww I had the same prob with my boi-ing which made me set out on a quest for something new!

;)

good luck! come back and tell me how it is for you!

January 23, 2009 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home