Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 20, 2009

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils Flipside and Graffiti Swatches, Review, and First Impressions

Allow me, if I may, to introduce you to two of the four new shades of Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.




Ohhhh greens and aquas just make me shiver in excitement! Urban Decay Spring 2009 is really shaping up to be something special as I'm testing it out this week and of course I was quite happy about new shades of the 24/7 liner! We all know how I feel about them don't we?

I think there was some general confusion afoot about the release of two of the shades that this Muse happened to fall in love with instantly. The two shades I'm speaking about are Flipside and Graffiti but before I get into details allow me to give a brief rave about Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils.





Variety people, tis the spice of life. I really haven't come across a better variety of awesome colors in an eye pencil like these particular eyeliners! They have a dreamy, creamy, formula that wears so amazingly well and literally melts onto your eye! I'm particularly thrilled about the selection of bolder, brighter colors to pair up with my vibrant eye shadows for a stunning look! I can go on all day about the incredible formula but if you're wanting more deets do check out my review on Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencils by clicking here!

As I mentioned earlier on in the post I did hear some general confusion about the new color selections as people felt they were comparable to two colors previously released and available in the general catalog at the moment. Covet and Electric are the colors I am speaking about. I thought I'd clear up that Flipside and Graffiti are nothing like either Covet or Electric. Indeed the shades are somewhat similar but not an exact dupe of each other and in saying as such I do believe that picking up the newer shades, Flipside and Graffiti, is well worth your time.

Comparing Flipside to Electric you'll notice that Flipside is a deeper teal blue shade heavy on the aqua base where as Electric is a more true aqua that's brighter and lighter. Comparing Covet to Graffiti it's easy enough to see that Covet is a deeper, smokier forest green where as Graffiti is bright true green.

As you can see from my swatches below the shades each have distinct personality and are quite individually unique.





If you're want the best eye pencil around, look no further. Waterproof, creamy, dreamy, and simply gorgeous! The Muse Approves in a major way!



I'm absolutely loving Graffiti and Flipside at the moment and looking forward to creating some stunningly loud Spring looks with both!

Visit Urban Decay to check out the entire 24/7 line up and don't forget to check out Ransom and Underground, the other two shades released for Spring '09!

Are these on your Spring wishy list?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I agree, these are the BEST eye liner pencils around! And I see those 4 shades as being different. I love them :) Flipside is sooo gorgeous!

January 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally someone else who loves coloured liners! i wear them less now that i work in an office, but on weekends i go liner-happy. i have a bronze, a green-teal a lot like Covet, and a purple. these are so hot! want!

January 20, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger Autumn Masquerade said...

Hi Miss Muse,

No worries on the timing of the reply. I definitely had a happy Tuesday! I was so happy to have a new president in office. I would have cried except it would've freaked out all the guys at work. But I was so happy!

My boss is so cool! He ended the meeting early so we could go watch the inaguration if we wanted. So I got to watch it in person, hurrah! Plus at the winter break when there were only a few of us left in the office, he sent us an email and told us to leave early and start our winter break. How cool is that?

Our busy time is around the calendar year end. Good luck with the busy season! There's always a busy season, it's just a matter of when.

I was surprised about the UD too. I've heard so many good things about it. But that's okay. Maybe my skin is too dry?

You're too funny. Your ramblings are totally not idiotic. They are funny though in a good way. Amazing how much more fun life is with a sense of humor.

That is sad about the snow. Yes, it must be starting here and then continuing on to the east coast. It's nice to have the snow again. December was colder than usual, but January is a little milder because of it.

I'm still amazed by the miracle crash. I very nearly cried when I heard Obama invited them personally to his inaguration. Plus he was really cool and didn't leak it to the press that he'd done so. It was their families who told the press. I get the sense he's a very humble man.

I can't wait for the P&J Bambi to arrive. I'm glad I waited as it would've been a bit risky for a 1st purchase. At least this way I knew what to expect.

I might have to check into these UD pencils. You are such a lemming generator! (I mean that as a compliment)

I hear you on the strength of the yen. The dollar will rebound, slowly but surely. I'm delaying a few purchases until we have a better exchange rate. The Lunasol palettes will be around for a while, so you can wait until the rate is more favorable without worry.

My spring budget is about to take a whomping with Jill Stuart and RMK being released on Friday. So far I was doing pretty good, aside from the Lunasol and Givenchy. I may only pick up 1 or 2 fun little items from the MAC HK collection. I'm just not feeling the love. I love the 2 new JS blushes though.

I am also waiting for the BE Pink Diamond kit from QVC. Did you get the Champagne Diamond kit? The gossamer was the same as the precious diamond powder.

I saw you like the Sephora Moroccan Sunshine collection too! Sephora's really improved their house brand in the last couple of years. Before it was like eh, but now it's pretty good quality. The one collection I haven't seen but want to is the Chantecaille spring collection. But I am not getting my hopes up too much as that's usually their worst collection of the year. Just like spring is Armani's weak collection.

My Lunasol should arrive tomorrow as will my Givenchy order. I only got 1 of the blushes. It'll be a fun haul day.

I hope you are well! Here's to a happy 2009 and new presidency!

Take care! Much love and many hugs!

January 20, 2009 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi dd!

Flipside is amazinggggggggggg loves it!

January 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura!

I'm all about the color :)

I wear 'em to work ;-) I like covet...very smoky :)

I'm really loving Ransom and think i need it! grrrr I'm such an addict! ;)

January 21, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home