Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 12, 2009

By Lauren Luke My Luscious Greens Palette Review and Swatches

I got my By Lauren Luke Luscious Greens Palette last week! Squee! Very exciting as I was quite hyped to try this out. I spoke a little about Lauren several days ago do check that out here.









Jump ahead for the review!

One minor tiny rant before I get on with the review. They failed to include a tutorial with the palette. Lauren has the tutorial up on youTube which is great but I'd have loved if they included a little card with the palette explaining how to achieve the look. Ideally I'd love a little CD with her tutorial on it but that would probably cost quite a good deal more money however a small card would be appreciated. Aside from this the palette is pretty much ace with me.

The packaging of the palette is delightful. It's a large size palette with a full size mirror that contains two shadow primers, three shadows, two lip colors, one eyeliner and one blush. The palette is $34 USD which is a decent price for a palette of this size. The palette is slim, black, and simple with a pretty flower motif on the front and a tiny amount of text that says "By Lauren Luke" and the palette's name, My Luscious Greens.






All the items in the palette blend beautifully, have fantastic color pay off, and pack quite good bit of make up inside. This isn't cheap or shoddy by any means, it's great makeup and obviously Lauren is proud of it for a reason as it's definitely good quality.

To start the look you'll be using the primer. One of two shades are available, I used the lighter of the two. It creates a good solid base for shadows and allows the shadow to blend nicely plus it lets the shadow stay on all day and adds intensity. Yes, it does indeed keep shadows from creasing or fading. I put it to the test by forgoing my beloved UDPP for it this morning and it worked an absolute treat.
















I did my look a tad different from Lauren's tut. I ended up applying the lighter shade of green on my lids and the darker contrasting shade on my crease. I followed this up by pairing the golden lighter green as a highbrow highlighter. This simply created a pretty, mysterious green look. The shadows all have a velvet finish however the darker green does have a tad bit of a matte, satin finish but it still blends easily however use with care as it's VERY pigmented. The liner is a nice texture and although I didn't use it above my eye, it did work nicely on my waterline. It has a nice dense formula and it applies easily and flawlessly.

I followed up my look with the iridescent sheer peach blush. This I didn't like simply because I'm used to louder blush shades. This is a very natural, sheer peach shade which almost works as more of a highlighter for your face. It completes and compliments the eye look beautifully but it's a tad too sheer for my liking.




Finally both lip shades are very nice and again they complete the look nicely and pair up well with the shades in the palette. You'll get two shades which are a nude peach and a deeper rosey peach shade. Both are plenty pigmented and look quite pretty on the lips. You can use the darker shade as a liner if you like and fill with the lighter shade.






It deserves to be mentioned, if you're a tad anal, that the palette does indeed have fall out issues. It will become a tad messy if you aren't careful and you'll end up with blush in your lip colors and possibly have primer end up on the palette, etc.....but this happens with most any palette, you'll just have to cope sadly.

Overall, I think the palette is quite a quality item and at $34 USD the price isn't too bad. It's an ideal palette for those who desire a complete look without having to spend a ton of time on that look. It's also incredibly user friendly for those who are just starting out with makeup or anyone who finds it difficult to apply makeup. This simplifies things so very much and even teaches you the best shades to pair up plus how to blend a lighter and a darker shade. As I mentioned the only thing missing was a tutorial and I hope Lauren will consider adding one in at a later date as she'll pave a way for the makeup world if she did. As we know it's rare any makeup outside of Asia comes with a "how to".

By Lauren Like is an incredible line and I think I'll be indulging in one or two more of her palettes. I look forward to keeping my eye on Lauren to see what she springs on us next.

My completed look:










I'm Muse Approving her palettes for ease of use, quality, and there nice price tag! Likey!



Check out more from Lauren by visiting http://www.bylaurenluke.com/

Anyone try yet?

Share your thoughts!

Listening here!

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger acutelife said...

wow,that looks like a good palette to try...and do you purposely match your top to your eyeshadows?lolz i think the greens look nice on your skin :D

May 13, 2009 at 2:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

i'm still waiting for her to ship to asia!

May 13, 2009 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

gorgeous look with the palette. The colors just go together, don't they? Very pretty. now you're tempting me! Only problem is I don't like having cream stuff with powder stuff in the same palette. I hate the mess!

May 13, 2009 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi acutelife.

It's a rather great palette :-D

Yes, I enjoy matching my shirts and such to my shadows :) Thanks hun.

May 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

whoa I thought she was shipping everywhere?!

May 13, 2009 at 9:01 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey connie.

Yup I'm the same, hate the mess :-D but the palette is good quality so I tried to overlook that lol!

May 13, 2009 at 9:02 AM  
Blogger Leane said...

This review was great and I really like the look of the palette on you. I think the understated blush is actually nice because it lets the eye really pop and keeps everything else simple. I will have to save my pennies and splurge sometime on a palette for my very own!
Thanks muse.....you keep me pretty, but broke.
;)

May 13, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey leane!

Sorry hun LOL ;-D I don't mean to make you broke honest.

Yes, agreed the understated brush does somewhat make the shadows pop more :-D It's a great palette. Green always makes me look a tad mysterious ;-D w00t w00t!

Look forward to hearing what you think when you get one!

May 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger Leane said...

If I am going to be broke, I better feel great! I am glad that you help me find quality stuff, so being broke is not in vain. Thanks for the great finds! I have brown hair and eyes and I love a green palette too! This is a really great look on you. Thanks again.

May 13, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The Muse looks fab in these colors!!! I'm definitely going to get one of Lauren's palettes. The hard part will be deciding which one since they're all so beautiful.

May 13, 2009 at 11:02 AM  
Anonymous Pavlina said...

That looks lovely on you! I would buy it right now, but I just started a ONE YEAR no buy! Impressive, no? I canceled all my bog subscriptions except for you and BG (cuz I luv you so much) wish me luck and I look forward to living vicariously through you for the next year.

May 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

leane,

thanks! I think brown eyes really pop with green so I think you'll look fab :-D

Aw I hear that! So long as the bits we buy bring us a bit of happiness and make us pretty who cares :D hehe! nothing like makeup to make a girl feel good!

May 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks kim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-D

I hear that! I had a VERY hard time deciding particularly when they said two got me free shipping LOL! I finally settled on the one but now I want more!

May 13, 2009 at 1:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I am utterly flatter pavlina thank you so so so much!

:-D Although I fear for your sanity being subscribed here and on a no buy lol! :-D

I wish I could do it, I'd be damn richer that's for sure!

May 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Vonvon said...

I left a comment here yesterday.

Just wanna say the palette is soooooooo pretty and the green really looks good on you.

I simply love makeups in palettes, mess or no mess it creates.....;) I love the gold-brown shades too....

May 13, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
Blogger Kaman said...

gorgeous!

May 14, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey vonvon!

:-D I got it babes and replied :-D thank you so so much! Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

I love makeup in palettes too even with the mess hehe!

May 14, 2009 at 1:25 PM  
Anonymous Marina said...

hi, Muse:)
it looks great on you!
thank you for photos of details. As for me, I like My Smokey Classics and My Vintage Glams. maybe I should get one.

May 14, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kaman! indeed really a great palette!

May 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi marina!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D my pleasure! :-D


ooo yes do! it's really a snazzy little palette!

May 14, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home