Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 12, 2009

Lush Queen of Hearts Review


Juice Newton said it best, playing with the Queen of Hearts baby!

A few people requested a review of Lush Queen of Hearts and since I only had a tiny silver in my soap dish I ended up buying a slab so I could review it for you. Love me much?


Lush Queen of Hearts is a completion soap. Yes, that means it's a soap you use on your face. As in a bar of soap! Horror! Anyone wince when I said a bar of soap? Didn't our mother's tell us never use a bar of soap on our faces? If you wash your face with soap you should be ashamed!

No worries though Queen of Hearts is the awesome and meant exclusively for the skin on your face. If you're familiar with rose water and glycerin toner, Queen of Hearts is the equivalent in a soap bar form. It's a gentle cleanser made with a base of rose petals and cocoa butter to keep skin nice and moisturized. Almond and balancing geranium oils make your skin soft and do it all without drying your skin out.




So how do you use it?

As you would any soap. Wet it, later up, and rinse. The soap is gentle, non drying and removes makeup beautifully (not waterproof mascara mind you but everything else gets whisked away). Your skin is left feeling moist, dewy, and fresh after use. It's possibly one of my favorite ways to get clean even better than cleansing oil in some cases. I don't pay as much attention to Lush Queen of Hearts as I do my other skincare items which is a shame as it's a great bargain since a 3.5oz bar will set you back $7 bucks and last you literally ages plus my dry skin sucks up the incredible formula.

I'd actually recommend it for most any skin type as it's soothing and not overly moisturizing. It smells of clean fresh roses. There isn't much not to like about Queen of Hearts.






I highly recommend trying this out while it's still available (it's a Retro item so who knows if it'll disappear sometime soon!). As I mentioned the price is amazing plus it gets skin clean while being gentle enough for oily skin types and offering moisture to those with dry.

Truly the perfect bar of soap...yes I said bar of soap...for your skin!

Comes with my highest recommendation for purchase! Undoubtedly Muse Approved.



Anyone try?

Love?

Tell me about your experience with Lush Queen or Hearts of Lush skincare in general!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger plue said...

thank your for reviewing this! i am now waiting for it to arrive! i can't wait to use this! tee hee!

clean fresh roses smell so divine! agree? :P

May 12, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

OMG~ I was thinking of getting this. Sis will be visiting London soon. BTW do they sell by weight at the shop (as in you tell them how many gram you want)?

May 13, 2009 at 4:23 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey plue!

My pleasure :-D You're going to adore it and absolutely fresh roses is so flirty and fun!

May 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jessie!

I dunno if they have retro lush in store in the uk...they don't in the us sadly! so you might need to do a mail order :(

they do indeed sell by weight :-D in store...online they offer two sizes.

Hope this helps!

May 13, 2009 at 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: I've heard there is also a Queen of Hearts facial soap? Have you tried that? Any idea?
BTW since I have oily skin I'm waiting like crazy for the Dark Angels Facewash from LUSH...have you heard of it?

May 13, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kavid!

Not sure if you read the review but this is Queen of Hearts Facial Soap hun. Did you read what I wrote in the article? using soap on your face...etc? There isn't a Queen of Hearts body soap that I know if just a face one. Re-read the review it says everything in it about using it on your face etc...

I haven't heard of a Dark Angels Facewash from lush but sure sounds interesting!

May 13, 2009 at 11:46 AM  
Blogger Lavababe said...

I have it , I love the smell, my skin felt great after washing my face with it but after the second use my face went red I am allergic to something in it ..

May 13, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lavabane!

oooo no! So sorry to hear that :( is your skin sensitive?

May 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

oooo no lavababe so sorry to hear this! Is your skin sensitive!?

May 14, 2009 at 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: Yeah, but your pics threw me off...the cover of the soap said body soap and hence my thick-headedness...

May 14, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kayvid!

Happy friday!

I dunno I guess that Lush doesn't have a label that says facial soap? not sure? but my review was saying I used it on my face etc...thought that was obvious :D

May 15, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home