Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 12, 2009

Max Factor 2000 Calorie EXtreme Lash Plumper Review


Max Factor 2000 Calorie EXtreme Lash Plumper has a little yellow ticker on the front of the box that reads, "CAUTION: Causes Extreme Lash Plumping". The Muse thinks it should read, "CAUTION: Extremely large applicator inside!" Holy jebus! These size of the applicator is like a club! You can kill somebody with this thing. It's about twice the size of a normal wand and the applicator head is double the size too...sheesh who does Max Factor think is going to use this? A baby elephant?


Jump ahead for the deets on this brand new mascara from Max Factor!

Please if you're clumsy with mascara do avoid this. I can just picture someone who isn't too mascara suavy poking their eye out with this thing, hey it could happen.




The mascara promises fatter, thicker, more dramatic lashes. It performs well enough with lashes and creates a fuller lash look however it's large brush applicator is terribly clumsy. Without careful application you could end up with a clumpy mess of mascara instead of longer lashes. I'm unsure what they were thinking when they created this as the applicator brush and just the handle is about three times the normal size of a regular mascara wand. It's amazingly chunky and difficult to grasp and makes application a little tricky.










The finished results are nice but it isn't anything I got too excited about in all honestly. I get fatter lashes but as far as length goes I don't see too much of a difference, nothing dramatic that's for sure.


Honestly, I'd probably not buy again if I ran out as there are much better options to choose from. The applicator is definitely a deal breaker for me but the formula and results were lacking as well.

No likey!

The Muse thinks you can safely skip it.

Tried it?

Love it?

Leave it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Laura R said...

...not to mention the wasteful packaging (extra cap so they can show off the brush).

Muse, you're so addictive.

May 12, 2009 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Thanks for the review! that thing sure is HUGE! It's like a mini atom bomb! Definitely not for me. I much prefer teeny weeny brushes. I did like the regular 2000 Calories though. but that thing dried up way too fast!

May 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mmm quite true Laura!!!!!!!!

May 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure connie :-D

LOL yes indeed it's FREAKING BIG! I feel like I'm going to poke an eye out every time I use it eep!

May 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Lucy said...

Is this branded under 'False Lash Effect' in the UK? Cause I have that and my lord, I love it! I use it over Diorshow, and it just thickens it up to my kinda style. I really didn't like it at first it just took me some getting used to. Though I find that with most mascaras, I dislike them at first, but about a month after I've bought them, I'm in love with them!

May 12, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lucy!

False Lash Effect is very similar but I think they are two different mascaras. Maybe I need to adjust a bit and make my final review :-D I didn't like it the first few times...I mean it's ok but not amazingggggggggg :-D I really wish I was getting good results like yours as the price is nice for this!

May 12, 2009 at 3:48 PM  
Blogger loner said...

hahaha you are really witty funny..i enjoy reading every post...
i do not like big wands either since i have small asian eyes...and i do not like european/US brands mascaras..they never work for me.. their formulae are just too heavy for my tiny whimpy lashes so i only use japanese brands...i love love KISS ME HEROINE mascaras, Shu Uemura mascaras, Shiseido Majolica mascaras... and thanks for introducing jpmon.com i had fun ordering =]

May 12, 2009 at 4:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi loner!

Thanks hun LOL glad I made you laugh!

I hear that! Japanese mascara are AWESOME :-D No question! My fav is MM Lash Extender :D KMH is good too!

yay glad you like jpmon! Awesome site and quite addicting lol!

Thanks for the comment!
Hugs!

May 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger jkim said...

is it just me, or does that tube look a lot like covergirl's lash blast? ... which, btw, i feel is overrated (too much product gets gooped onto those short bristles, causing major clumpage for me).

May 13, 2009 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger stregalice said...

Like Lucy I thought it was False Lash Effect under a different name. I have the tube in my hand right now and it looks just the same right to the brush. Maybe it's a marketing strategy here in Europe

May 13, 2009 at 5:10 PM  
Anonymous Isa said...

Oh, this brush looks to be exactly the same as the Cover Girl Lash Blast mascara. That makes sense because Max Factor and Cover Girl are brands of the same compagy : Procter & Gamble. If I'm right, this mascara sould be amazing (I'm in love with Lash Blast - the big fatty orange mascara).
Thanks Muse for this article!

May 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

kim they all seem to copy cat each other LOL!

May 14, 2009 at 2:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

It's possible stregalice! I haven't tried False Lash Effect but it does look quite similar :-D

May 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi isa

they seem to all copycat each other :-D

My pleasure hun! :-D

May 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home