Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 12, 2009

Beauty Battle: NARS Blush Angelika vs FaceFront Cosmetics Cheek Up Blush I'm Faunally Yours


Step right up for a Beauty Battle first here at Musings! This is the first time I've paired a posh line of cosmetic with a no name e-tailer brand of cosmetic. Is this kind of competition even fair? Probably not but let's see who can win this Beauty Battle! It's NARS vs FaceFront, to the death!


Let the battle begin!

Pairing up NARS Blush with FaceFront Cosmetics isn't exactly a fair fight if we get right down to it but since discovering FaceFront Cosmetics Cheek UP Blush in I'm Faunally Yours I couldn't help but think what a amazing dupe it was for NARS Angelika. Hmmmm I hear the call of a Beauty Battle!




It deserves to be mentioned the shades are almost identical down to the slight shimmer each contains. The color is a delightful bubblegum pink that gives cheeks a nice flush. Considering the shade is a great dupe we'll have to compare size, blending skills, packaging, and price.

Weighing in at 42oz in a loose powder form, I'm Faunally Yours is $16 USD. The blush is pigmented, has a nice shimmery finish, and comes in a decent enough packaging but nothing too fancy. It blends beautifully and leaves behind a cool pink color on cheeks that's quite flattering, flirty, and very girlish. Taking packaging into consideration I'd say it's a tad on the cheap side but nothing terrible and I've seen far worst. Considering what a cult following NARS has it's difficult to put a small name e-tailer against such a high street brand but we shall see who knocks out who!






Running up on the wings of I'm Faunally Yours is NARS Angelika. All NARS fans agree the packaging does have a certain chic feels but also annoys us a fair bit as well since it quickly becomes a mess. At $25 USD it's not cheap and it's no where near the same size as FaceFront Cheek UP with a size of 0.16oz. That small size could throw this battle as honestly we can all agree the better deal lays elsewhere.






Packaging wise neither wins the game that's for sure! Color wise they are both a winner plus pigmentation, quality of the blush, and ease of blending they both cover that base. The real punch comes from FaceFront Cosmetics Cheek UP's price tag. At $16 USD for a nice size it's obviously the better bargain which brings it in for a win here. Sorry NARS, FaceFront has you here! As much of NARS fan girl I am, I do so admit the bargain lays with FaceFront plus it even has a tad more pop than NARS Angelika.

The Muse awards this Beauty Battle to FaceFront Cheek UP Blush, best bargain price and a killer blush with plenty of pop!


Loves it!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*gasp* whoa, muse! lol You forsake nars? I love angelika on my deep complexion. I like high end cosmetics, so I won't be trying the other brand any time soon. Plus I have super sensitive skin and when I find something awesome that doesn't break me out, that's enough for me.

May 12, 2009 at 7:20 PM  
Blogger En said...

I'm Faunally Yours looks so beautiful. Do you ever find the powder to be itchy?

May 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much! Im gonna pick up the face front!

May 13, 2009 at 4:40 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

ha shonta :-D I know! blasphemy! I love angelika too :-D but I must admit that this is quite a nice dupe :-D

I love high end as well :-D I'm a notorious snob with makeup hehe!

May 13, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey en!

I always find mineral foundations absolutely positively itchy as hell but not blushes those work fine on me :-D

May 13, 2009 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi swtest2lips!

My pleasure hun!

Happy haulin'!

May 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol i liked this a lot. i'm faunally yours is a great color ... i love your little "musings" keep it up!

May 22, 2009 at 4:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks anonymous :-D

July 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home