Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 11, 2009

Too Faced Summer 2009: Too Faced Pinch My Petals Blush Review, Swatches, and Photos

As part of it's Summer 2009 Collection Too Faced introduced three new stand alone blushes entitled Pinch My Petals Blush.


Click below for the review and more photos!

I love that Too Faced has extended their rather cute, retro glam girl packaging to their single product cosmetics. They normally reserve this style packaging for their popular Quickie Palettes so I'm quite delighted that they created three single blushes in this design. I'm actually hopeful that this could set the wheels in motion for them to extend themselves further on such packaging. Each blush features a different pin up girl, too cute! These are a flip style durable cardboard compact with mirror. Too Faced Pinch My Petals Blush ($19.50 USD) is available in three shades so far which are Pinch My Petals (sheer pink), Mocha Mi Amore (muddy brown), and Papa Don't Peach (peach/coral).


















If I'm honest I really didn't like Mocha Mi Amore or Pinch My Petals. Mocha Mi Amore was terribly dark on me and quite muddy, not a flattering shade at all. And Pinch My Petals was too sheer to really enjoy and a tad on the chalky side as well. The real star of the collection is Papa Don't Peach which could pass for a subdued Orgasm-like shade. The pigmentation was lacking a tad bit on both Mocha Mi Amore and Pinch My Petals plus the matte finishes just weren't working in the least for this Muse however Papa Don't Peach definitely had a nice slightly shimmery finish with plenty of pigmentation, quite a lovely Summer shade.


Overall, I love the packaging, liking the price (not too bad a deal at $19.50) but was a tad disappointed only one of the three shades worked for me. As I mentioned I look forward Too Faced possibly introducing other items with this style packaging, that much is a big win for me.

Anyone try?

Love 'em?

Leave 'em?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Marina said...

Hi, Muse:)
thank you for review.it's cool as always!love your style:) I was just looking at those blushes. Design is awesome and Pinch My Petals , and Papa Don't Peach look great. I guess I will try the second one.

May 14, 2009 at 2:29 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi marina!

thank you :-D you're lovely :-D *hugs* love love the packaging :-D I'm loving the peach one best so far

do stop by and tell us what you think once you tried!

May 18, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Belle said...

Papa Don't Peach looks better than Mocha Mi Amore! =) but I like them both I think..
Muse, it's not right to tempt me when I have over-hauled. ;)

May 21, 2009 at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home