Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 5, 2009

Laneige The Snow Shimmer Brighter Review

The quest for the bloody snow crystal is still on peeps! Remember how our two heroes were searching for it in my last review?



Today, finally, I'm bringing you a review of Laneige The Snow Shimmer Brighter.

Jump ahead for the deets!

No one could legally dub a palette with a name like Laneige The Snow Shimmer Brighter...that's right it's not a brightener, it's not a highlighter, it's a "brighter", only Asian cosmetics can get away with this stuff. Now the Muse hasn't a clue what a brighter is but I promise it's probably something seriously important in the cosmetic world, either that or maybe it was too much money to print brightener and they just left off a few letters, not a biggie, economy and such.

Anyway this is long overdo considering Laneige is off playing with the new Spring Collection, Art Play right now but the Muse got sidetracked around the Holidays and didn't get all her reviews in at a timely manner. So deal with it! I'm doing a Holiday Collection review today, just sit there and smile nicely.

Now I've already reviewed the eye palettes in the Laniege Holiday Collection and this is actually the final piece. All kidding aside it's a face powder obviously and a highlighter. I'll be honest I purchased the whole collection because I'm very, very shallow and I like pretty packaging and designs. Which means if the makeup is crap the design and compact more than make up for that and instantly become the awesome.



But truthfully The Snow Shimmer Brighter is both beautiful and practical, if you consider practical me never wanting to use it because it's too pretty. The powder comes in an identical black flip compact as the shadow palettes I reviewed a few weeks ago. The powder is housed on top with a compartment underneath for the brush and a nice full size mirror. The powder is a shimmering off white color with beautiful multicolored snowflakes embedded into it. Depending on how you stroke your brush across it you'll end up with a teal, pink, coral, or green iridescent white shimmering finish. In most cases the shimmering is minimal and the product simply casts a highlighted glow onto cheeks and face. Very pretty to say the least.




The powder is probably too beautiful for true makeup junkies to want to use. Yes, yes I know the feeling, tuck it away in the beauty vault, keep it safe, wrap it in cotton, and take it out on a rare occasion to pet it and stroke it.

Overall, I was quite happy to have added this palette and both of the shadow palettes to my collection that was released with the Laneige Snow Collection for Holiday 2008. I wish I can recommend it to purchase but I'm doubtful it'll be easy to find after my late review but keep your eyes peeled for it on Gmarket or Evil-bay! Maybe one will pop up or wait for next year when our heroes continue their quest for the Secret of the Snow Crystal!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A "brighter" in Asian terms is skin whitening. Literally made to reduce the melanin in your skin.
Being a girl who loves the pretty flush of tanned skin, I didn't fare well in Asia where skin whitening was all the rage. Quite happy to be back in the States now...

March 5, 2009 at 9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post made me laugh "I am very very shallow"...I know how you feel. I love pretty packaging too, especially since it can make a great gift~

March 5, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger En said...

It's so beautiful! I hope they do something similar next winter.

Are Laneige products usually scented?

March 5, 2009 at 10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A 'brighter'? My FOB instinct is telling me that it's a 'whitener' (for us yellow folks to look more Caucasian... or so we think). But seriously, what does it look like ON THE SKIN?! A ghostly white? Or a nice sheer veil of, emmm, brightness?

It's very pretty. Any idea how much it retails at? If it's at all usable, I may have to call in favours and get my Korean friend to hunt one down for me!

March 5, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Blogger Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

Maybe my country is a bit late for makeups.. this product is still on market.. I saw it at my local departmental store last week.. tempted to buy, but i just spent too much money these few mths.. hav to control myself hahaha

March 5, 2009 at 11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the way you write and the enthusiasm that you have for all things purty and shimmery crack me up! you are a great start to my day.

and yes, the compact is cute as heck

March 6, 2009 at 8:34 AM  
Blogger Inge said...

Sigh, every time I happen to read one of your Laneige posts, I end up frantically searching ebay :(

March 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yea I know anonymous. I'm quite familiar with asian makeup terms :-D and totally relate to and understand the whitening skin rage :-D I was trying to be sarcastically funny in my post with "what the hell is a brighter"

thanks for the comment!

March 6, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi leann!

LOL ;-D I love the pretty! =-D

March 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey en!

me too! Eager for Summer to see what they release. Nope...not that I noticed...no scent at all.

March 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi liz!

it is :-D Just a touch of glow nothing dramatic and def not super whitening or ghastly it's mostly a highlighter :)

I think I paid 18 usd?

March 6, 2009 at 12:53 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Syn!

Fab! It may be around in Korea maybe? LOL I understand totally I can get nuts if I don't budget my purchases :-D

March 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi laura!

;-D hehe shimmer makes me hyper! I'm so pleased you enjoy my stupidity laura lol ;-D

Hugs

March 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pixie!

LOL I totally understand :-D Laneige is terribly addicting it's the bloody snow crystal I tell ya! ;-D

March 6, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Blogger chibi said...

Hi Muse,
Have you tried the Laneige eye shadow quads?
Sorry I can't be more specific with a name for the quads.
I live near a Korean makeup store and saw them.
They were only $34 and the compact itself reminded me of the way Lunasol's look.
I may go back to the store to check them out in more detail.

March 6, 2009 at 1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need swatch/face pics!

March 8, 2009 at 4:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi chibi!

Ummm yes depends on which you are looking at. :-D $34 is a bit high you might do better online hun! :-D

come back and give me the details like to hear about 'em :)

March 11, 2009 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey brittany!

will do my best hun :-D

I was having a lazy day when I posted this!

March 11, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home