Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 3, 2009

Mini Bourjois Blush Review and Swatches

They say that good things come in small packages. So the case may be with the brand new Mini Bourjois Blush Pots.

Itty bitty ickle little blushes are sure to make you break out in a smile and go "awwwwwwwwwwwwwww...."


Mini Bourjois has plenty pleased me in the past but these new blushes take the cake. Simply adorable. Truly a cute little budget friendly option that the Muse hopes and prays will make it's way to the US shores. As of now these little guys are only available in Europe and Asia but I'm hopeful that they'll hit Ulta sooner or later as Ulta carries the mini line up!



Mini Bourjois Blush are housed in a tiny compact about the size of a quarter and about 3 times smaller than a standard Bourjois blush compact. Seriously, you know how tiny the regular blush pots are already so imagine how teeny tiny these cream blushes are! Awww so sweet!



I love the idea of a tiny cream blush since I don't particularly love cream blush as it wears off very quickly on me, thus a small size is ideal for someone who doesn't use it all that often. It's also rather great for getting a range of colors without 1. breaking the bank and 2. worrying about them going bad as they'll be long gone before that happens at this size!

The blushes are available in 8 shade selections but I only got three as they are virtually sold out everywhere according to Laura who runs around England locating this crap for me. Thanks Laura, the Muse loves you for answering her pleas of "get me this, get me that!" Truly an angel to deal with my diseased cosmetic hoarding.

I read on a British blog that Superdrug had a sale and these were £1 each which is around what I paid as they had some sort of discount going on that removed £2.53 from my purchase. It was like a buy one get one 50% off so not a bad deal. Each blush is normally £2.93 each but with the sale broke it down to around £2.08 each. I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'm about to get all cheap on you here...the blushes are really small and even at the sale price of £2.08 that's kinda costly for 'em and paying full price of £2.93 is even worst! If you really want to wince in pain the price in Japan is 8,40 yen...ummm oh my god inflation. I'm just taking size into consideration here but the price is a tad on the high side but it does remain budget friendly as the quality is good.


The blushes are supposedly cream to powder but I don't really feel they dry down to a powder finish. They have a hint of shimmer and pack plenty of pigment for their price tag. The size just thrills me. They are so tiny and ideal for toting around with you for quickie touch ups. I swear Mini Bourjois deserves an award for travel friendly cosmetic options. I can tuck this into my change purse if I wanted as it's that tiny!

The shades I got were 2, 5, and 8. 8 is by far the best as it's a really dark rose shade that's truly lovely for Spring! 2 is a nice bronze shade and 5 is a shimmering light rose pink which is also lovely for Spring.













Aside from my minor ranting about the price I am Muse Approving them for purchase because they are just too darling not to get at least one!


If you're wanting them look to Evil-bay UK as I've seen some sellers selling lots of these for decent prices. Also check on forums or MUA and ask a friendly Brit for a purchase.

Oh by the way! No FOTD's yet but will do some soon!

Loves 'em?

Tried them yet?

Want to?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

32 Comments:

Blogger Citrine said...

Hey Muse:
You kept your blush so well, I have several bourjois blusher/eye shadow, I've stepped on/crashed 3 of them already...

The mini is cute...I like the pink one the best...

March 3, 2009 at 11:51 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

That is soo freaking cute!!!! Why dont we get them here in our drugstores in north america?!

March 4, 2009 at 12:12 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

OMG It kills me that the mini Bourjois stuff isn't here in the US. I really want the nail polishes, I adore the tiny size. I *heart* Bourjois.

March 4, 2009 at 12:51 AM  
Blogger Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

Muse,

I love the color no. 8.. is sweet and lovely... yes , i agreed that the price is a bit on high side... but it's so hard to resist it, doesnt it ? hahahaha

March 4, 2009 at 12:55 AM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

awww they are indeed cute! thanks for the swatch :)

March 4, 2009 at 3:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny that you are reviewing these, since I just bought one in 06, a shimmery peach, last night (I'm in Singapore) and I'm thinking of picking up 08 and 01 today. Unfortunately they cost even more here (about S$9.50, which is 4.3 pounds), but I got mine on 25% as well.

March 4, 2009 at 3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The swatches look lovely, but unfortunately I haven't yet seen them anywhere over here in the Netherlands. I haven't tried cream blushes before, so I'd love to try out this one.

March 4, 2009 at 6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhh!!! How cute!!!! So tiny! perfect to carry in your bag!

March 4, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger david santos said...

Really beautiful!!!!

March 4, 2009 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Citrine!

awww sorry to hear it..they are so tiny and delicate! I love the rosy pink one too :-D

March 4, 2009 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

I know! Ugh so frustrating especially considering how adorable they are :P

I hope Ulta starts carrying them!

March 4, 2009 at 9:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi claire!

Ulta has some of the mini line ;-D or they used to last time I looked :-D wish they'd get the nail polish and blushes ;) and the new balms...sigh oh please BP here our prayers!

March 4, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Syn@3sTh3sI@!

I agree :-D best shade of the lot! The price is high but really I can't lol..they are just too cute and tiny :-) I do think that the yen price tag is utterly ridiculous though!

March 4, 2009 at 9:12 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nikki!

My pleasure hun ;-D

March 4, 2009 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi stickles!

eep price is kinda jacked up your side too :( I think they are worth maybe 2 pound each but anything more is a bit of a jack!

but they are so sweet I couldn't resist...I see swatches of 06 and it looks lovely :-D

def get 08 it's soooo pretty!

March 4, 2009 at 9:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there Fabiola!

Should be soon I'm sure as France already has 'em and the UK so I imagine the Nederlands isn't too far behind :-D

I'm not a huge cream blush fan but I think these are a fab way to start :-D

March 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Paopao!

hehe aren't they!?

Miss ya hun!

March 4, 2009 at 9:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi david

agreed :) they are too pretty!

March 4, 2009 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cute, I like the golden one for summer.

March 4, 2009 at 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this at a sale just now! I contemplated getting it but decided not to since there were no testers and I wanted to see the colour.. 02 looks beautiful, does it have any undertones? Maybe I should try a cream blush..

March 4, 2009 at 12:08 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

These are adorable! I love the tiny packaging, and the simplistic but cute heart design. They remind me of.. I think it was a maybelline mousse or creme blush from like 10 years ago. I love shimmer, and I really like 05 the best :)

March 4, 2009 at 12:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too wanderer :)

Perfect bronze for warm weather :-D

March 4, 2009 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi belle

bit of golden shimmer but nothing too dramatic :) mostly bronze brown ;) Nice summer shade for the warm weather!

March 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey girl!

I so wasn't feeling the love for HK but if I had an extra hundred I'd prob blow it on some of it :-D


cvs? ugh no :-D hehe Korea drugstore much more fun ;-)

March 4, 2009 at 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Bourjois has a new collection out called "L'effet papillon" or "The Butterfly Effect". It's already in shops over here, but I couldn't find anything about it on the Bourjois websites. You can see the products here though:
http://www.girlscene.nl/beauty/makeup/2009/februari/bourjois_lente_2009_leffet_papillon

The site's in Dutch, but there are some nice pics of the new edition.

March 4, 2009 at 12:55 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi again fabiola!

OOOOOO pretties! Love the blue!

Thanks for sharing hun :-D!!!!!!

March 4, 2009 at 1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds perfect for bronze/brown-loving me! I'll get it at the next sale since it's quite marked-up over here.. =) thanks for the review.

March 4, 2009 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure belle!

you in 'pore or japan? prices are obscene :(

March 4, 2009 at 3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in singapore, where almost everything is always marked-up.. haha

March 6, 2009 at 2:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi belle!

awwww :( I understand prices are insane in 'pore :(

March 6, 2009 at 2:26 PM  
Anonymous Belle said...

I just bought this when there was a sale. There's only 1 colour left- 01 which is a brown shade and I bought the second last one.
Aww, I really wanted to try the bronzy shade in 02.
The price is still terribly marked up at US$5, even after 20% discount. =(

April 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi belle!

I agree 5 dollars is a bit much :( It seems they are very popular all over!

Are you in the UK? Is that where the sold out!?

April 1, 2009 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home