Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 4, 2009

Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer Review

Damnit all I hate to be the bearer of bad news sigh! I have to break it to you but Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer isn't going to cover up any tattoos you might have and it's kinda sorta over priced.

But!

It's really good.

Promise.




Got lots and lots to conceal? Dark circles? Puffiness? Fine lines? Full blow wrinkles? A pimple or two? Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer has you covered, literally.

If it's heavy duty you seek, heavy duty you'll get with this brand new concealer from tattoo artist Kat Von D. This creamy concealer promises to become your secret weapon at concealing it all including tattoos....ok let's not get too crazy now Kat...this is SO not going to hide tattoos. It's pigmented that's for damn sure but NOT that pigmented. Paraben-free and ready to service your problem areas this one is well worth laying down $25 USD for.






I liked it. Alot.

First of all major prepping is required as the formula is very creamy but it does dry down to a matte finish would could age eyes and cause more dryness in an already dry area. In my case, my under eye area is like the Sahara Desert so I do have to be careful with this. However, with proper prepping and priming you'll happily be able to blend away imperfections under your eyes and virtually cover everything up with fantastic results for a smooth, flawless finish. This could become HG material for me.

The coverage is comparable to nothing else I own and is on par with theatrical makeup such as items from Ben Nye or Kryolan. It's heavily pigmented so if you're suffering from heavy dark circles this will instantly become your new best friend. I don't have terrible dark circles but I do have tired eyes in the morning and puffiness which I seek to conceal for a fresher more awake look and this does that in aces and spades.



The product blends fairly well but it does feel rather dry on and has the potential to crease and cake so as I mentioned prep, prep, prep prior to use. It'll settle into fine lines so use a tiny bit as that's all you really need considering the pigmentation on the product. A little goes a long way and too much will just cake, crease, and settle into fine lines.

Price tag...hmmmmm $25 bucks...that's alot of money. I know how cheap of me right? But Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer is $22 USD....and this is $25 USD...kinda costly dontcha think? But in it's defense I will say it's worth it.

If you thought that Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer wasn't dense enough and had a watery formula you may very well adore Kat Von D Tattoo Concealer as the formula is a good deal creamier and heavier but it does have the potential to look unnatural so again I'll remind you a little goes a long way.

I'm Muse Approving this for purchase simply because it does hide major baggage. If you're looking for a seriously pigmented concealer that will cover it ALL up I highly suggest snagging one of these. I really liked it and I'll definitely pick up another when I've run through this tube.



Tried it?

Love it?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

24 Comments:

Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

Yet another brand I wish would expand their shades! :(

March 4, 2009 at 8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tried only one Kat Von D product, which is the liquid eyeliner. like it but not liking its slow drying character.

this concealer looks really interesting and you make it sound so good! wish we had it here so i could try it out.

March 4, 2009 at 9:42 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I think it has to do with the coloring that's why it doesn't cover tattoos? But wow! it looks heavy duty! it is quite thick even on photos :) It is pricey for $25.00 for such a tiny tube, but if it works, it's worth it right?

March 4, 2009 at 10:27 PM  
Blogger Syn@3sTh3sI@ said...

wow... I'm definitely grab one of this... I got heavy dark circles n puffy eyes... This is indeed what I need !

March 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

darn it muse!!! I'm gonna go broke from all the money I DONT have :( lol

March 4, 2009 at 11:57 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I'm so glad you said this was thicker than the MUFE Lift Concealer. I find that it is too liquid-y for my use. I may just have to pick this one up!

March 5, 2009 at 2:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really interesting! I was wondering if it covered tattoos (and doubting it) but also surprised a tattoo artist would put her seal of approval on something that DIDN'T cover tattoos. Hmmmm....

I know it tends to cake, you say. How does it build? Does that make the cakiness worse? I wonder if layering on a non-eye area would be different. I may test myself on a wrist tattoo...

Verrrrrry interesting... :)

Thanks for another rocking review, Musie!

xo

*jen

March 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sarah!

meant to mention the lack of colors but got lazy with my review :-D

March 5, 2009 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

haven't tried those yet but I avoided them as I stink at liquid liner :-D prob will avoid even further if they are slow drying..

It really is. I could use the extra coverage and this def does the job :-D

March 5, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nikki!

probably maybe too light :)

absolutely :) price is no object so long as it works hehe!

March 5, 2009 at 9:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hy syn!

Puffy eyes here too!!!!!!! :-D I need the extra coverage in a mega way!

March 5, 2009 at 9:58 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sher!

LOL sorry hun!

March 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie!

It's much thicker, mufe is a bit watery. try it in store I think you might dig it :-D

March 5, 2009 at 9:59 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jen!

I really doubt you can cover tats with this...maybe if you use the entire tube? LOL I must say that really is true but maybe they are just using the name as a gimmicky deal? but in the deets it does say cover under eye circles and tattoos...but no way not happening..I haven't tried as I don't sport any ink but I did try on a small beauty mark and nope didn't happen :)

but damn fine on the eye area :)

I wouldn't build it too much as it may look unnatural if you do and since it's really pigmented you only need a tiny bit :)

Go test it on your tat and come back and give me the good word. Curious minds. I tried it on the small mark I mentioned and nada...! If you do need coverage for tats let me know as I know a good brand that works wonders.

Thank YOU ;-) for the awesome comment!

March 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Muse-

What do you suggest for covering up tattoos?

March 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

muse-

what do you recommend for covering tattoos?

March 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi doll!

http://www.dermablend.com/index.aspx? derma blend all the way hun!

I had a large bruise on my leg last summer and wanted to cover it up while on holiday...this stuff covered it up and allowed me to swim with it!

perfect :-D

March 10, 2009 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

see my above comment :)

Dermablend will do the job!

March 10, 2009 at 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks muse! what products from dermablend did you use?

March 10, 2009 at 8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a tattoo that's been 95 percent lasered off...I just bought the concealer so am curious to see if it works on what little pigmentation I have left in that area! Love the lipsticks from this line. My BF does too, he immediately noticed and said I looked great. A little of the lipstick goes a long way though! :)

March 16, 2009 at 2:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi doll!

I had a kit from HSN..if you look on HSN they still have it probs :) it had a small tube of cover up and a setting powder and a brush....

Hope this helps!

March 16, 2009 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous!

ooo looking forward to hearing how this works for you do drop back and give us the review :)

the lipsticks are awesome. she has some seriously great products...I love the shadows!!!!!!!!

March 16, 2009 at 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think this will work on stretch marks? My stretch marks are pretty light. I've had them since I can remember from I guess rapid growth spurts when I was younger, but I'm self cautious about them. =( I was just wondering if this product would work? I've never tried any body make up before. Thanks in advance for any answers.<3

March 25, 2009 at 10:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

no hun this won't work sadly :( This is good for under eyes but I doubt it'll cover up stretch marks. Try dermablend that's best for body cover up.

Hope that works :-D

March 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home