Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 4, 2009

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara Review

I'm positive lightening struck the labs when L'Oreal Double Edge Mascara was created!

For serious.

I'm just saying, I've never quite run across drugstore mascara as good as this...so something had to happen to make it so great.

Who seriously knew drugstore mascara was any good? Is this a trick? Am I being Punk'd?


When I first tried this out I thought for sure it was going to be rubbish. I have a pretty bad track record when it comes to drugstore mascara so my hopes weren't particularly high for L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara. When I figured out it was a fiber mascara I was equally skeptical as I absolutely abhor fiber mascara.




But guess what? It's awesome! Go get some NOW!

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara is a double edge mascara that has a base coat on one side and the mascara on the other. Simply apply a healthy dose of the base coat to lashes and follow up with the mascara for super fat, long, and thick lashes! It darkens lashes and creates a nice full look.




I dunno I'm confused as this is described as a "tube mascara" but personally I just associate that with fiber. But it honestly doesn't feel like a fiber and the "tubes" are much softer and natural feeling on my lashes without that "Ahhh! I have something stuck in my eye" feeling.

It's a bit tricky at first as the base coat makes my lashes all clumpy and gross but after a few strokes I got the knack of application. Many will be happy to know it's a nice thick brush applicator, no plastic wands here! The brush is particularly large in size with nice size bristles which could account for why it applies so well as it really does a great job at grabbing every single lash and pulling it up and out.




It's not a waterproof mascara which could relieve some and scare others. I'm not a fan of mascara that's not waterproof so I'd fit right in with the scared folk. But have no fear it doesn't smudge, flake, or smear. It stays on all day without any drama attached to it. It's non waterproof formula should be a rave for those with shorter, delicate lashes who don't like waterproof formulas that make their lashes break off or feel "hard". This is gentle for stubbier lashes and should work well at creating a nice, full look without the drama of breaking lashes off during removal. Removal is as simple as using some water water and rubbing the tubes off your lashes, no makeup remover required.


Overall, I really liked this one alot and thought it was a great beauty on a budget find. Well worth picking up for yourself! Prices range from $7 USD to $9 USD.

L'Oreal Double Extend Mascara is a total Muse Approved mascara! Loves it!



related posts

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE this mascara and am wearing it right now! (we have snow in the forecast and as you mentioned, it never budges even in wet conditions.) i have a geeky love for the little tubes that come off when i remove this. it looks pretty natural on me until i curl the lashes.......WHOA BOY, amazing.

February 4, 2009 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Aretha said...

omg muse did this work for you??
i hated it :( it didnt work on my asian lashes. I didnt get any volume and the mascara smells abit like burnt pvc. =/
but anyhow im glad it worked for you!
as for drugstore mascaras, i highly recommend max factor's 2000 calorie be sure to give that a try!

-aretha- ^_-

February 4, 2009 at 3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya doll. My Lash Blast is sending me texts asking where I went, because ever since I found this I am in lurve! The only little quibble I have is that I wish the mascara brush was tapered at the end like the base brush - just to make sure to cover all the inside/little lashes.

February 4, 2009 at 4:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yay laura! Me too :)

I do too..lol it's gross but love staring at the tubes when I remove eww!

It's quite a dramatic look....loving it!

February 4, 2009 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aretha!

Really you did?! Aw that stinks...I really really liked this one and I'm a nit pick with ds mascara :P

thankfully no smell with mine....everyone keeps telling me 200 calorie is awesome..def have to try :)


sorry it didn't work lovie!

Hugs!

February 4, 2009 at 4:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi paula!

LOL you're too cute :) I really like this one too!

ahhh I know whatcha mean and agree...I just swivel it up a little so it catches all my lashes :)
damn good stuff though!

Glad you're loving it too!

First ds brand mascara that gets a RAVE from me in a while!

February 4, 2009 at 4:34 PM  
Blogger nemuineko said...

I love this mascara too ^_^!!! I have been using it for months, and already bought another. I use a comb after I use this (base, mascara, comb, repeat other eye), and I love the results! To take off I just place my fingers with a generous amount of warm water on them on my lashes, hold for a few seconds, and then start the rinsing (I have never needed to tug this way). Yay to someone else liking this mascara!

Side note, I'm in a humid area, and have never had smudging or flaking with this, even though it's not waterproof. It really does stay on until you try and take it off o_O! I don't think it was lightening that struck the building; it was a UFO crash landing, and the aliens happened to have this on then, so they could steal the formula...

February 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Izzy! Guess who finally got a blog ;) Yep! That be me!

Check it out doll and let me know what you think!

http://kraseybeauty.blogspot.com/

Great review btw!

February 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM  
Blogger Roxy said...

Yes ma'am! Completely agree, I love Loreal Beauty Tubes - a drugstore mascara and so good - who woulda thought?!! : )

February 4, 2009 at 5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi :)
I actually had a lot of trouble when I tried this! My cousin had it, so one day I decided to try it. It was a disaster XD First I applied too much of the base coat, and my lashes got all white and clumpy. Then, with the second coat, I couldn't really cover the whiteness of the first, clumped even more, and some of the tubes got into my eyes. I'm a contacts wearer, so it really was a mess, specially because I wasn't at home and couldn't really remove the lenses.
So, I kinda decided to not try it again XD Maybe I should give it another shot?

February 5, 2009 at 7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only use this for special occasions cause i can never get all the tubes off my lashes and have massive panda eyes the next morning, even after washing! It is a great mascara though, the size of the brushes are incredible! xxx

February 5, 2009 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kaoru

yayay! another fan!

I'm so glad you like it. I really like it so far and pretty impressed considering I used it for the past week!

LMAO yes the aliens happened to land in my neighborhood too!

HEHEHE!

February 5, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

adina

I comes and visit you yesterday w00t!

I love it! Adding you to my blogroll right now!

February 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi roxy!

yayaya another fan :) I know I agree who the heck would think!?

;)

February 5, 2009 at 3:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ines!

aww sorry :( I really liked it which is rare as I hate ds :P

Give it another whirl..little bit of a learning curve but works out quite well...I wore it all week that's saying something for me ;)

February 5, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi katie!

awww really? :( sorry to hear it!
I didn't have a prob removing...try wetting a washcloth with warm water and hold it to your eyes and it normally loosens the tubes up and it washes them away ;)

February 5, 2009 at 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love this mascara; although, I don't/wouldn't use it every day. But I absolutely LOVE what it does to my lashes!

Oddly, my mom hates it and she didn't even see dramatic results. In fact, when I saw her wearing it, it just looked like regular mascara (methinks she didn't apply it properly).

March 24, 2009 at 6:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi livemusicjunkie!

Awesome :-D Another lover. I was using it for weeks on end when I first got it.

My sister tried it and hated it too she also looked like she was just wearing regular old mascara...probably application process got screwed up somewhere :-D!

thanks for sharing!

March 25, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home