Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 11, 2009

Dr Denese HydroShield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum

Ok, all you dry skinned peeps! Listen up! I'm about to divulge to you the secret of soft, silky smooth skin in the Winter. Gasp! Unheard of Muse! I know right? Can't be true!


But I promise it is!

Jump ahead to find out what it is that's making my skin soft as a baby's behind but be warned once you find out my secret I'll have to kill you. Sorry those are the rules.

I happen to be a big fan of Dr. Denese....don't know her? She's some Doctor that appears on QVC every so often pimping out her incredible line of skincare. Actually I don't love her for product alone. I love her because she's so bloody cute. Check it. See what I mean?

Ok, so what I want to know is how OLD is Dr. Denese because I gotta tell you she's looking freaking flawless. I'm thinking if I start stocking up on more Dr. Denese skincare items that I'll be looking as awesome as she does when I'm her age. She looks like a little doll. Yeah, major fan girl moment here.

Anyway, I promise there is a moral to this story.

I've been using Dr. Denese Skincare products for two years I think. Two of my favs are Dr Denese Hydroshield Ultra Moisturizing Serum and Dr Denese Hydroshield Eye Serum. I promise to tell you about the joys of the eye serum at a later date but today I'll be concentrating on the Hydroshield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum aka a blessing in a blue bottle.



What is it?

Expensive as hell that's what it is. No but seriously, contrary to it's sci-fi style name (oooo hydroshield how very Star Trek!) it's a face serum that dramatically softens the appearance of small lines and wrinkles. Well..that doesn't help me much as I don't have fine lines or wrinkles on my face....HOWEVER...it gets better promise...the serum is also a super duper hydrating serum that locks in moisture and creates smooth, silky skin. The formula is packed full of ceramides, soy, vitamin E, retinol, linoleic acids, and more which help skin to lock in moisture.



Granted it is ideal for those that have serious fine lines and wrinkles but I just dig it for the moisture effects along plus I'm kinda hopeful that it does delay the aging process around here. The product is a thick clear liquid which is quite greasy feeling due to the lipid content however it does absorb fairly quickly. You'll notice in my swatch photo that the formula mimics a lip gloss like texture almost, quite shiny and glossy feeling. It does promise to leave a matte finish behind but sadly I do have to wait a fair bit before this dries to apply makeup which is why I've taken to using it in the evening only. Normally my routine consists of washing my face, applying this, and following up a few minutes later with my regular night cream. In the morning my face is simply drop dead gorgeous and my skin is left glowing plus the flaky, patchy areas on my skin are completely gone. I do not use the serum in the Summer as it's a bit to heavy for me around that time of the year however this is a god sent in the Winter months.




I highly recommend this for anyone who experiences dry, patchy areas on their face such as on the cheeks. The product is intensely moisturizing and delivers on the promise of locking moisture in and holding it. If you've tried everything else on the market and still haven't found the right moisturizer that keeps those evil dry patches and flaky skin at bay I highly recommend checking out Dr Denese Hydroshield Ultra Moisturizing Face Serum.

Loves it!

Big Muse Approval!



related posts

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I love the cobalt blue bottle! It reminds me of the old time medicine or tonic bottles!

February 11, 2009 at 7:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :)
I collect those old tonic bottles!!!!! funny you mentioned it :) I have quite a few so fun!

February 12, 2009 at 10:12 AM  
Blogger delete this said...

Where can I get me some?

February 12, 2009 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger delete this said...

Ok ignore the dumb-ass question above - I missed that link - duh-h!

February 12, 2009 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol j!

check on QVC babes! They have tons of kits and stuff!

February 12, 2009 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home