Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 19, 2009

Sephora Moroccan Sunrise


I suppose the Spring isn't always about pastel shades. I can't help but think light and airy for Spring but that's not the case with most collections releasing this year and year's past. I imagine most brands aren't of the same frame of mind as the Muse and when they think Spring they think time for a "tropical holiday" and time to beat the cold and embrace the warmth of a warm vacation on an island somewhere with the sun beating down on our heads and the smell of colitas rising up through the air...oh wait...that's a song isn't it?


Sorry I meant to say the warm smell of tanning lotion!

Yea, well you're either an Eagles fan and loved it or didn't get it at all.

Moving on....

Sephora has embraced that warm, tropical feeling with it's brand new collection entitled Moroccan Sunrise.

The Muse say...whoa likey!


I honestly have no love loss for Sephora Brand cosmetics but I do generally love how hard they try when they do release an interesting collection so be the case with the Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Collection, it truly is rather gorgeous.

The general fanfare is included with the release including brush sets, makeup bags, and the odd little cosmetic bit and bob such as a mirror and atomizer. However, what really caught my attention was the entire makeup part of the collection. It all looks quite nice and dare I say indulge-able. Is that even a word? Well I deem it a word, place it in your Musepedia of words and phrases this Muse uses.

I personally think they went a bit too far with the fanfare items and left the color makeup part of the collection lacking. We all know that the huge selection of Moroccan themed makeup bags will end up on clearance quickly enough so why bother releasing so many? They should have expanded further on the makeup line up in my humblest as this is really quite nice.




The collection is tiny as you can see and understand why I'm ranty now. It includes a gold powder, a beautiful eye palette, and a few lipglosses. If I were Sephora I'd have done some blushes, maybe an eyeliner or two in sunny shades, and perhaps some lipsticks. They actually did pretty well with what they did release however a blush would have been superb but hey we can't haz it all can we?

The fluff pieces:










I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thinking about adding that eye palette and bronzer too my wish list! Hmmmm....decisions, decisions...

What do you think of the Sephora Moroccan Sunrise Collection?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I'm likin' the coral!

January 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger Shen said...

oohh... defintieyl looks enticing especially the makeup containers. :) but the colors sad to say is bit easy to dupe from our stash. :(

January 20, 2009 at 3:29 AM  
Blogger DaisyChain said...

I really love the look of the compact mirror, and the makeup..although those shades do not suit me at all.

January 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :)

me too!

January 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi shen!

true....true...they are very dupe-able :P oh well...maybe it'll go on sale and I'll feel less guilty about buying?!
:)

January 21, 2009 at 9:19 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi girl! How are you?

don't worry too much that you're missing out as its probs rubbish :P sephora makeup normally isn't too fabs!

January 21, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home