Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 4, 2009

The Regeneration of a Most Beloved Doctor

I find it funny that my inbox has over 100 e-mails in it that are labeled "Doctor Who" in subject. I also got a few comments already as well in regards...to yes you guessed it...the new Doctor.

With all these outcries to the Muse I thought that indeed the good Doctor deserved his very own post because honestly, the regeneration of our beloved 10th deserves that at the very least right?


I fear that I haven't felt this badly about a regeneration since my fond favorite fourth Doctor, the great Tom Baker, regenerated into Peter Davidson. For a long time I resented Peter for taking away my girlhood crush, Tom Baker but I slowly came to love him.

So the Muse has a basic statement to release on the casting of the 11th Doctor.

Don't Panic.

Yes, that's it. Don't Panic. Be a good hitchhiker and just don't panic. If you're a Who fan you've felt this way for every regeneration of every favorite Who in the last 30 years or more. We've all seen our favorites come and go. We've all mourned our favorites. I remember mourning Tom Baker, Peter Davidson, I even felt some remorse for the late, great William Hartnell. Believe it or not I became mighty attached to Christopher Eccleston as well and I thought it was god awful they were replacing him with David Tennant. Weird right?

We have something to look forward to right? Our Doctor's personality will stay the same but with new traits and quirks. Yes, Matt Smith is virtually a no name but if you think about it David Tennant wasn't exactly HUGE in the way of stardom either was he? At the moment Matt Smith (kinda ironic his last name is Smith...as in John Smith...) probably isn't our top pick for the Doctor but he's young, he's fairly good looking, and who knows (who knows..pun intended) he may be the next best thing to David.


I think we should all remain calm and hope for the best. I have confidence that the writers will bring us a fantastic Doctor and although I mourn the loss of David I do embrace the idea of a brand new Doctor. I think David shows alot of class to pass the torch and not milk the "brand" that Doctor Who has become for all it's worth. I think he recognized the fact that things can get old really fast and he wanted to be remembered as a great Doctor rather than a washed up Doctor. So cheers to David for making a hard choice to disembark the Tardis and make room for a new Doctor.

Chin up Who fans! We'll be fine. We should be more worried over the fact that Catherine Zeta Jones might board the Tardis next season....now THAT worries me! You do know that she and the hub come as a package?

Wince!

There, there now. Group hug!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually really pleased with the new doctor, he was fantastic in Ruby in the Smoke alongside Billie Piper (who will always be my favourite sidekick!) so I'm looking forward to the new series :o)

January 4, 2009 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey chica!

HA! That was him!?!??! Brilliant! He looked familiar and I couldn't place him but now I know! Awesome. Billie is wonderful and I really sniffled when she said good bye :(

I'm looking forward to it as well! I think David made a wise choice!

January 4, 2009 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Anitacska said...

I've never seen him before, but it is true that DT wasn't that well known before Doctor Who (although he was fantastic in Casanova! - apparently he was asked to play Doctor Who the same way with the cockney accent rather than his original Scottish one, which I also love btw). I believe DT still has 4 episodes to go and then he'll hand over the role. I cried when Rose "died", and a bit when Donna "forgot" him at the end, so now doubt I'll be grieving for weeks once he's gone. :( Oh well, we'll see what this new chap is like, eh?

January 4, 2009 at 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit I was underwhelmed at the announcement, but I've calmed down a little since watching him on the Confidential episode (on Youtube!) and finding out his background. Also, with Steven Moffat in charge, what could possibly go wrong? The man is a genius at writing Who.

January 4, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anitacska :)

Exactly! I thought DT was pretty fabs in casanova..and he's done his fair share of work but he honestly wasn't some mega star going into star. he's more of a mega star coming out of it.

I was pretty happy with the accent as well. David has a lovely accent but it's typically Scottish sing song...that's what I call it...so I thought he took on cockney quite well if not a bit fast at times.

Yup...I thought it was three..but four would be lovely. I cried over Rose and Donna as well...I thought I'd hate Donna but I grew rather fond of her she was almost a mother like firgure for him and I thought it was quite funny when people thought they were a couple..it was kinda fitting considering that David always looked a tiny bit older when it came to Billie and his relationship.

I think we might be in for a shock and we'll grow to live the new Doctor just as much as David ;)

January 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aliya.

I was a bit shocked I think..I was kinda sorta expecting them to commercialize it for some reason...I should have trusted in the mighty gods of time but I thought they'd take the commercial route and maybe go with some big name. I'm happy it's a nobody!

This guy has big shoes to fill and I think as you said with Moffat (can we EVER go wrong with Steven Moffat? The man's a genius) at the helm we'll all be a ok!

January 4, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Beauty Alchemist said...

so fun to chat this topic :) left you a tweet. I hadn't heard the news till I saw your tweet.
I don't know about this guy, but hey we'll see. Yep, I was SAD when Peter left and no one has been better, to me, until DT.

I was no big fan of Rose though( I may be the only one, so her going was fine by me). and I was scared of Kylie Minoque being on, and she was ,well, ok. So Catherine, hmm, maybe ok, maybe not. new guy will have to work hard not to let her take over and upstage.

Well said Musey and at least Matt Smith has good hair.

January 4, 2009 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey beauty alchemist :)

hehe we love the geeky topics I didn't look at your tweet yet :) but will do so shortly. He's pretty new to the scene mostly plays and such. I'm a real baker fan and peter was the filler that I wasn't loving but I grew attached to him ;) I think each Doctor had a little special something about him!

KM was not bad..I was kinda shocked as I thought she'd be really bad....and rose..well I'm kinda a rose lover :) Catherine surprised me..she started out as thee most annoying character ever but soon became loved :)

I really look forward to how this guy takes on the character..he has his work cut out for him..I wouldn't want to fill those shoes and of course dealing with rabid fans who either hate or love him :)

lol indeed he does..at least he has that going for him!

Cheers!

January 4, 2009 at 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi muse

I was so dissapointed with the christmas special so maybe its for the best that DT will be leaving us (although I want to marry him, be still my beating heart)I'm looking forward to seeing the personality of the new doctor develop I just hope the episodes will not be as bad as the christmas special.
hope your well
vicky

January 5, 2009 at 6:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi vicky!

Happy New Year lovie!

I haven't seen it yet but I have the dvd that a mate made for me...I'm savoring it....kinda disappointed to hear it blows :(

now now make room for the Muse! If there is any marrying to be done it'll be to me lol!

I'm sure they'll do better once they hear fans say it sucked ;)

January 5, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home