Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 22, 2009

La Mer The Powder Review

What was it that kid from Jerry Mcquire was so fond of saying?


Did you know that a jar of La Mer The Powder weights as much as a human head? Well, maybe not but damn-yum it feels like it!



Talk about super luxurious! La Mer The Powder comes housed in a .88oz frosted glass jar that weights as much as that human head the kid was talking about. This must be what it feels like to be rich....I wish I was rich but at least I have La Mer The Powder to make me feel all wealthy, fabulous, and J-Lo like (I heard she slathers herself, head to toe, in La Mer cream!). I once dreamed I was fabulous but than I woke up. Darn it.



No seriously though the jar is super gorgeous and vanity worthy, count the Muse impressed. Needless to say what's inside is just as lovely as what's outside. It's possibly the nicest and the most expensive powder the Muse owns at the moment. I'm not much of a powder user especially around this time of the year (dry skin and the likes) but La Mer could change my mind.

At $65 USD it doesn't come cheap but the fact of the matter is it's going to last you this lifetime and probably your next as it's huge so in fact your $65 USD is an investment for your powder future. This is alot of product for the price so you can feel a little less guilty when indulging.

The powder is available in four shades and the one I've been using is the lightest shade Cream. It's a lightweight, very finely milled, silky powder that helps my foundation last out a majority of the day and into the evening. I've been using mine for a while now and I can safely say it does wonders for keeping the evil oily forehead at bay during hot, humid days. The powder manages to give my skin an airbrushed, flawless look while giving my skin a fresh, awake finish. I honestly wouldn't suggest it for using as a sole foundation as it's a bit sheer but working as a finishing or setting powder it's truly ideal.


The powder is developed with symmetrically shaped, uniquely coated particles that magnetically attract to the skin for a perfect fit...hey it's not my words...go read it on the La Mer site. I have no idea what that means but hell it sounds important right? No seriously, it does have a rather wonderful way of conforming to the skin and blending in leaving behind that no makeup feeling while offering a beautiful sheen to the skin that can only be classified as flawless. I will say even on my dry skin the powder still manages to settle onto my face without caking, flaking, or just creating general drama which is always a plus as I do like to set my foundation occasionally with a good powder so it remains fresh all day.


All in all I think it's a luxury item that's affordable considering how long the product will last! The presentation of the product is gorgeous and the powder's formula is equally as wonderful. This one the Muse suggests checking out for yourself it has the potential to for holy grail material membership!

Tried La Mer The Powder?

Love it?

Got a favorite La Mer product?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you say this has a 'glow-y' or a 'shimmery' finish?

I should probably check this out, but nothing can replace my beloved Pout Translucent Powder in me 'eart!

January 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my friend also raves about this powder! but it's sooo expensive for me. i'm currently using NARS, it's also a very good loose powder for me :)

btw, are you in the USA? will you kindly help me CP some things like those pretty stila palettes? i'm in indonesia and a lot of interesting brands are not available here :( i have paypal account, but tons of web doesn't ship internationally.

anyway, thankies!

January 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this powder in 'translucent' and i thought that was the lightest color? i have no idea cos i tried cream and translucent and cream was abit too dark for me.=/ Anyway the point that im trying to make is that i totally agree with you that its a gorgeous powder hands down. However I have to disagree with you about lasting a lifetime. At the rate im going ( i puff on powder everyday) i dont think it will last me a lifetime! oh well a good excuse to buy another one when it finishes. :p

January 23, 2009 at 7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review! I love the cream from La Mer, I always use it in winter, when my skin is really dry, especially around the eyes it is a miracle against those fine lines. I´m sure there are many other moisturizers out there that yould be just as effective, but come on, it´s La Mer...the psychological effect is not to be underestimated :)
Did you try it at all? You should, knowing my Muse, you´ll love it!
(I am in no way affiliated with la mer, lol, since that sounded like a commercial)

January 23, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mandy!

neither. It's straight matte hun! I ran out of Pout Translucent ages ago :( wishy I had more!

January 23, 2009 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi wonderfulwortelworld!


I haven't tried nars yet..I was always wanting too as they have a shimmer version!

I really can't cp at the moment sorry :( I'm way too busy and having a hard time keeping up! Maybe some other time? Def check out MUA and I'm sure a kind MUA'er will agree to it :)

good luck hun!

January 23, 2009 at 3:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aretha!

mmm I was thinking in terms of the "colors" available :) translucent is colorless so cream would be the lightest color so to speak..hope that makes sense lol

I'm doing well so far believe I'm at a 6 months now and still a full jar ;)

but hells yes buy another one hehe!

thanks for sharing hun!

January 23, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nell!

thanks babe! I wish I can afford the cream :) It's a bit above my budget! LOL hells yes that's true but it also REALLY does work well!

I absolutely fell in love with with most of the line and tried much of it but it's a bit too costly :( I wish I could indulge in the eye cream but it's so tiny and so expensive :( I'd go through it in six months and nearly $200 a year for eye cream...bit too much eep!

LOL! no no you're right though it's amazing stuff! It helped my puffy eyes like nothing else!

January 23, 2009 at 3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Muse,

How does this powder compare with MUFE's HD powder - presumably, you have tried this one as well...

Thanks for your answer in advance,

Jaya

January 24, 2009 at 4:09 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jaya

Ummm pretty different products that perform different functions hun. HD powder is a transparent white powder where as this is a cream colored powder for foundation application or used as a finishing powder.

HD is more of a setting powder or a powder used to "blur" the look of aging, dull skin, and wrinkles.

Hope this helps!

January 26, 2009 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Spookuur said...

Hi Muse,

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful review with all of us!

I'm seriously considering of getting a jar of La Mer loose powder but the price puts me off (85Euro here in Belgium...!!! Day light Robbery!). I've been using Pout Translucent powder for quite a long time and I'm satisfied with it. I read that you used it too, so could you compare the two powders? Is La Mer powder really worth 85 euro? Many thanks!

Sincerely, Fan xoxoxo

June 11, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home