Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 22, 2009

Jillian Dempsey for Avon Essential Beauty Palette Review

I know I'm such a cheese with all my Avon reviews lately but I can't help but stop and say that Avon has vastly improved lately and I've embraced all the great new items they are offering item.

Recently when I seen the Jillian Dempsey for Avon Essential Beauty Palette I was kinda hopping around as I really liked what Jillian has pulled off for Avon lately. Away I went with indulging in one of the two palettes on offer, after all it promises me a full face of makeup in a cute little palette...who could resist?



Zomg! Bad idea Avon. No likey this palette at all!

I'm somewhat shocked in all honesty that this was such an epic fail. The Jillian Dempsey for Avon Essential Beauty Palette comes in a cool and warm version and run around $4.99-$7.99 per palette. The palette is a cute little cardboard flip design with a full size mirror and all the makeup you need for a complete look such as lipcreams, blush, shadows, and an applicator! Sweet.


Not so sweet.

The entire lot of makeup included in the palette is utterly, completely, and devastatingly bad. I'm not sure what went wrong as Jillian Dempsey is a rock star with her Avon creations but this was terribly wrong. The shadows included are both cream and apply sheer and streaky! The lip colors aren't as bad but they aren't easy to blend and just sit on your lips and finally the blush gives a tiny hint of color but isn't nearly pigmented enough to create a wow inspiring look.







I'm pretty sad about this one! I think they honestly put effort into making it but didn't anyone test it before they slapped it up for sell?


The Muse says:


No likey.

At all.

related posts

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home