Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 14, 2008

Bath and Body Works Hello Sugar Shower Gel and Body Splash Review

I needed serious retail therapy this weekend. Honestly, I did. I've been so upset the past week that my friend Jai decided I needed a day of shopping (as if either of us needs an excuse to shop). So away we went on Saturday afternoon.

We stopped at Bath and Body Works not only because I had a thirst to sniff the new Hello Sugar! Collection but also because Jai has a thing with tanning and bronzers and all that crap so he had to peek at the new dial a tan thingy (or whatever it's called) that BBW has out right now. According to him tan is sexy and his boyfriend think he looks amazing with a tan so I guess that means Jai has to do everything he can to get a sexy glow for his significant other. I say whatever floats your boat but I'll be in the shade, under a palm tree, thanks very much!



It wasn't difficult to locate Hello Sugar! as it was right up front on a huge display. I was scared that if I picked one bottle up the rest would tumble all over the place since they had them stacked so high.

And the verdict is in. The Muse is both delighted and disappointed with Hello Sugar!

I picked up the Body Splash and the Three in One Shower Gel to start. First of all I should take note and mention that the Body Spray came in an ultra cute bottle with little faux rock candy dangling from the top. It's a plastic bottle but it can easily pass for glass! I like it! Very cute and different for Bath and Body Works!





I'm a disappointed because this smells nothing like I imagined. I was seeking something fruity with an underlay of sweet for the Summer. I associate sweet and fruity smells with Summer and adjust my fragrance wardrobe according to that. This is fruity but not so much sweet. Turns out this is more of a foody scent. It smells to me like lemon cake or lemon meringue pie. The sugar is there and the lemon is there but it's somehow been combined with some sort of cake or baked good smell.

That's the bad news....however the good news is even though it's disappointing that it isn't fresh and fruity it is a delightfully beautiful scent! The sweet and sour scent of lemon combines wonderfully with the underlay of cake I'm getting and the entire smell transforms into a very light bakery scent. It's so very difficult to describe but it's as if I am smelling some sort of lemon tart or pastry.





I'm not entirely sure I'm loving the idea of Hello Sugar! for the Summer but it'll make a beautiful Fall scent or even Winter!

Overall I like it. It's very interesting and different for Bath and Body Works. I'm enjoying the fact that they have dipped their toes into something new and exciting and aren't keeping with the normal scheme and theme of things!

Cheers to Hello Sugar! The Muse enjoys veering off the well walked path on occasion!

Hello Sugar! is available now from Bath and Body Works! $12 USD for the Three in One Shower Gel and $12.50 USD for the Body Splash.

Love this?

Want it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

The 3-in-1 smells good from your description. I love foodie scents (for bath). Oh how I wished BBW shipped internationally :-(

April 15, 2008 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger Shefali said...

I bought this and it smells divine! Lemony for the most part...

April 15, 2008 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Nikki! How are you!?

Me too! I know :( You guys should do a Spree one day with someone from MUA that lives in the US!

:)

April 15, 2008 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Shefali!

Lemony for sure :) but don't you get a bit of a foody smell too? Cake?


Happy Tuesday!

April 15, 2008 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger Shefali said...

I totally smell cake - I revise my comment to say that it smells like a delicious slice of lemon cake. I'm obsessed with it!

April 21, 2008 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Shefali!!!

Me too! Def smell cake in it for sure :)

April 22, 2008 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home