Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 11, 2008

Bare Escentuals Buxom Babes Lip Tints



Sephora is super busy updating it's site with new little bits and bobs for Summer. I ran across this kit from Bare Escentuals while browsing around. This particular kit contains four lip plumping lipglosses for $28 USD.

First of all I'd like to be the first one to say I find the packaging completely degrading and the name. Seriously this looks like pr0n. Buxom Babes? Bikini clad chicks on the packaging? Who are we trying to sell this to anyway?

I'm all for cute packaging but for some reason this deeply disturbs me. Could be because I'm in a bad mood!

Sorry but I'll have to expose you to my ranting about Bare Escentuals pricing again! As you may know from my previous posts I'm quite appalled at the prices of Bare Escentuals kits lately and this particular peeves me. No I don't want 4 MINI glosses for $28 dollars thanks very much! Lipglosses that in fact suck formula wise anyway!

Seriously, have you tried the original Buxom Lips? It stinks.

Ok rant over.

BE got my vote for NO on this particular kit.

Love it?

Hate it?

Rave or Rant with the Muse! Comment box is open!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Pao said...

Never tried BE glosses... are they that bad? and are they that mini for that price?

April 11, 2008 at 1:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

these particular glosses aren't too fab :P These are mini not full size :(

I dunno if it's the formula, the sponge, or the tube but it's impossible to get the product to look right on!

can't stand 'em!

I have about 3-4 colors I got off E-bay for a pretty sweet price and I'm thankful I didn't pay full price :P

April 11, 2008 at 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate BE - the mineral foundation actually burned my face! Granted I have senstive skin but still!
I've since started using Lilylolo mineral foundation and blushers which my skin LOVES and they are £12 instead of £24 :)

April 12, 2008 at 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joining you on the "hate it" train. Just aren't that good.

April 14, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hiya chica!

me too me too!!!!! I can't stand it! Everyone raves about it but it does nada for me! Wow burned? That's insane!

Got a link? Curious ;)

April 14, 2008 at 12:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Not at all :P Tempting with the colorfulness of the product but quality is an issue :P blah!

April 14, 2008 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger KARIMA EL AZIZI said...

I have just got mine I bought from Ebay and I am extremely happy with them. They have a wonderful moisturising effect! I looove them!

July 8, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home