Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 14, 2008

Givenchy Perfect Again! Corrector Palette Review

I know some folks have been awaiting me to do a post and review on Givenchy's Spring Collection for this year and I honestly haven't really been up for it. It failed to excite me this year and I guess that's why it's sorta been laying in boxes on my vanity for about 2 months or more now. I just can't get excited about it as it was sadly such a disappointment. Am I the only one feeling like this could have been so much better? Don't get me started on the Summer Collection which I'm equally hating by the very way!

I apologize for failing to review it but I'll get on it sooner or later.

The good news is today I bring you a review on Givenchy's Perfect Again! Corrector Palette! This review is a long time coming and I should have done it ages and ages and ages ago when I originally purchased the Spring Collection as this happened to be one of the items that I purchased with it!







The was introduced this year with the Spring Collection and is a Limited Edition Palette sadly. I believe the retail cost was $38 USD? and well worth every penny might I add.

I love it.

When I want to go light for coverage this is what I reach for. If you have heavy duty dark circles or you're concealing some major baggage this is not something you want to even bother with. However, if you skin behaves well and you like a very natural coverage without feeling heavily made up this is definately something you'll need and want to have around.

Givenchy would have you believe that this thing can cover everything and make you look like amazing. Not the case, sorry. It also happens to advertise it as a blemish, eye, and everything concealer. Again, not the case, or at least not for me.







I happen to use this kit exclusively for my eyes and it works perfectly under that area thanks very much. I haven't tried to remake my face over into perfection with this kit nor will I try because it seriously can't do that in my humblest opinion however it does a super job of making my eyes happy.

The palette contains two concealers. One light concealer and one darker shade which can be mixed or used separately. It also includes a smoother and a highlighter.



The smoother is awesome. Sincerely super duper awesome. Givenchy says you can use this to cover up enlarged pores but I use it for smoothing under my eyes and filling in fine lines prior to mixing up the two concealers and applying under my eyes.

This my friends gives me a beautiful very natural concealed coverage for my eyes. Perfect for days I'm going without heavy duty eye makeup and just making the rounds around town. Simply beautiful coverage. Truly.

The smoother is awesome and if they made this in a single palette I'd buy a few to stock up because it's just great. It's white and has the feeling of a primer such as Clarin's Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch but much lighter. I smooth it carefully under my eyes and it preps my eye area wonderfully for my concealer! My concealer ends up lasting longer and doesn't cake or crease thanks to this little gem! Please Givenchy might we have a larger size of this amazing stuff?!!

The concealers in the palette aren't anything too exciting and some people might be turned off by the hard texture. They need a bit of warming up prior to use which I'm always a hater on but I will say that they work pretty nicely for when I want a very natural, light coverage. This is equally wonderful for someone who doesn't have much to conceal or maybe doesn't even use concealer to begin with! They go on feel almost powdery instead of creamy.

Finally the highlighter which is a pinkish lilac color with a tiny bit of shimmer can be used for highlighting your highbrow or cheekbones. I must admit this color was used the least out of the four correctors in the palette.

The palette is the typical Givenchy affair that has a tier flip which includes the cream correctors on one level and three brushes on the second level. Mmm....the applicators are somewhat useless to me. They included two sponge applicators with this which seem perfectly silly for using with the palette in my opinion. The third brush is a black sponge with a slanted tip. Ask me what the frack (can you tell I've been overdosing on BattleStar lately?) it is and I couldn't tell you. I'm taking a guess and saying it's to be used with the smoother cream? Hmmmm mystery unsolved.

All in all the palette definately gets the Muse Seal of Approval for purchase however I strongly suggest not purchasing it you have lots to conceal. This will not help in anyway if you have terribly dark circles or baggage going on.

I love it and say it's definately worth checking out for yourself! I haven't been this excited about a concealer in a long time and this is HG (Holy Grail) material for me!



Have it?

Love it?

Tell me!

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey hun, hows u?

I've actually been looking for an undereye primer for my concealer as my concealer always creases and sinks into my skin which is just plain annoying so this sounds like a good investment.

Having said that, i don't think it's worth buying just for one side of the four components. Any ideas?

Btw, A Touch Of Blusher has done a review on the La Mer powder so you might wanna check it out. Also Erica at Makeup Bag did a nice review on the Jurlique powder and i'm seriously considering it as i hear the Jurlique brand is awesome!

April 14, 2008 at 2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse!

It looks really good! It's like a 4 in 1 tool :)

April 14, 2008 at 2:39 PM  
Blogger *Jen* said...

This looks so beautiful! I'm a sucker for Givenchy packaging but haven't been able to find anything I loved from their line yet (although I like their mascara). I tried their four block powder foundation but it settled into my dry spots and looked terrible on--although I'm sure it didn't help that Sephora sent me the wrong color! I'll definitely have to look into this though since it seems like a great on-the-go mini palette.

I'm loving that your retail therapy means lots of new posts for us!

April 14, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Izzy,

So its not good for dark eye circles? I'm looking for a good conccealer for my dark eye circles. They're quite obvious as I'm more on the fair side. :( Any brands to suggest??

April 15, 2008 at 12:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Allysia-May!

I'm good lovely lady! Since I've gotten older the same has happened to me :( And the good news is this helps it majorly. If they sold it by itself it would be worth it's weight in gold!

Mmm def not worth purchasing for just the one side. I've been trying to think of a good dupe for this. Someone rec'ed me Clarin's Smoothing Touch Primer which sorta of worked but I broke out using it :(

Fresh makes something called Anise Filler which works amazing but the price tag is a bit much! I've used a sample and loved it! It set my concealer beautifully and I looked airbrushed after use!

I was just going to hop over to visit PJ thanks for the tip off about where the reviews are popping up ;)

btw I got some new skincare to review soon that I think might interest you from the Somme Institute. I'm busy testing it now and will review shortly ;)

April 15, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey pao pao! How are you love?

It's great ;-) good for natural coverage!

April 15, 2008 at 9:38 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hi Jen!

Really? I find too many things that I adore ;) But it's quite pricey :(

I'm shocked. The blushes are quite amazing, the shadows too! Do give it a try again :) I think you'll find you'll like it!

I must say that this palette is perfect for on the go touching up and beautifully natural too!

hehe ;) I know. Retail Therapy is gooooooooooooood!

Hugs!

April 15, 2008 at 9:46 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Serene!

I recommend a product called from SCA called Anchorwoman Blue. It virtually erases dark circles and brightens the eye area but it must be blended correctly other wise you'll look like a ghost :P

This palette is good for natural coverage but does nothing for dark circles sadly :(

I'll be reviewing Anchorwoman Blue shortly :)
so be on the look out!

April 15, 2008 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Interesting...I have a many things on my list just from YOUR blog alone! Oh Muse, I will have to check this out!

April 15, 2008 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe my work is done here Gee! ;)

This is honestly a good palette! Aside from the highlighter which I find useless ;)

but everything else works an absolute treat!

April 15, 2008 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger watercoloursky said...

funny, i had the exact same question as Allysia-May! an undereye primer sounds exactly like what I need. i would try that monistat trick but i think the silicones would be too heavy for the undereye area though. maybe i'll check out that anise filler you mentioned as well.

April 15, 2008 at 10:11 PM  
Blogger XPPINKXX said...

OMG...i want that!...i love the packaging!!! i love your site its sooo helpful! i cant belive you have all this makeup you can start your own store. BTW your fabulous and gorgeous....<3....if you say its the HG i will purchase this concealer becasue of you!!!

April 16, 2008 at 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anchorwoman Blue? Ok ok. I shall be on a lookout for it! Is it only avaliable in the states?

I'm currently using BB's but I'm on a lookout for cheaper alternatives.

P.S. got my mail? :)

April 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ' * : . b | u 3 . : * '!

The fresh anise filler is a bit expensive but boy does it work fab ;) I think maybe that the monistat is a bit much for the undereye area too! It's actually cheaper to buy this at $38 then purchasing the Fresh primer :P

April 16, 2008 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pink ;) Thanks for stopping by hear and leaving such an awesome comment *hugs*

hehe a store would be a good idea lol!

Aww thank you my gosh you're totally making me blush hehe!

It SO works amazingly well for a very natural look and coverage :)

Seriously thanks for brightening my blog up :)

Major hugs!

April 16, 2008 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey serene!
yup! It works amazing!

It is! From HSN :)

It's $14.50 USD with a brush :)

w00t!

I'll go check email now!

April 16, 2008 at 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Do the review soon! I want to see it. Would be even better if you don't mind doing a before and after pic using the concealer.

HSN is?? That means I can't purchase it even if I want to.... :(

April 18, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

I sure will :)

Okee! Will do my best to do a before and after :)

If you want it and don't mind the wait as you know how I am I can CP it for you!

April 22, 2008 at 9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home