Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 14, 2008

Beauty on a Budget: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Sparkling and Luminous Eyeshadow Review

Here's an awesome Beauty on a Budget find for you!

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Sparkling and Luminous Loose Eyeshadows.



I picked these up this weekend spontaneously while waiting in line at Victoria's Secret. I see them ALL the time and Victoria's Secret pimps them out big time. These things are in little buckets all over the store so seriously sooner or later you're bound to pick up one or two even if you don't want to which is just the case for me!

I didn't need, nor want these but somehow, someway they finally ended up in my cart.

Shrugs.

What can I say? I guess I got tired of seeing them all the time and never trying them! No idea why I bothered purchasing them but honestly I'm actually glad I did because they aren't so bad!

These are $7 USD each which is the most obscene price I ever heard of in my life as they are so tiny! $7? Come on! No way am I dishing out a near $10 bill for these little tiny eyeshadows!

But I brought five of them which means I got 'em for $4 USD each! I like that price much better ;)

They are available at a single price of $7 or as a purchase of 5 for $20 which sounds much better.

F0r some odd reason everyone and their mum decided that it was a good idea to be at Victoria's Secret and the line was fracking out the door. So as I waited impatiently I was busy swatching every color of these shadows on my arm and decided I did indeed need one or two.

As I said they are good.

First of all they are very light and shimmering. If you love a "not so made up" look these are definately something you might want to consider purchasing. Pigmentation is not too bad and the color is buildable. The powders are light, shimmery, and have a nice bit of sparkle.

They are advertised in two finishes one of which is a "high sparkle" finish while the other is a Luminous version. I honestly can't tell the difference between the two as they both give a nice fair amount of sparkle.

Colors range from a few bold colors like greens, purples, and teals to lighter shades like pink, beige, and white.

I personally choose mostly light colors as I thought they would be great for Summer for a light makeup look.

Not alot of product comes in the little jar but for the price I can't complain too much. The applicator is awesome in my humble opinion! I wish that Urban Decay had such a great applicator on their new loose pigment shadows. It's a dense, rounded sponge tip that fits very nice not only in the contour of my eye but right across the lid for easy application!



The colors I got were:

  • Glow Nude-A sparkling nude cream color
  • Deja Blue-A deep blue green
  • Goldblinger-A soft creamy gold
  • Miami Ice-A sparkling white
  • Twinkled Pink-A iridescent pink

Glow Nude




Deja Blue


Goldblinger




Miami Ice




Twinkled Pink




All in all these are pretty good quality for the price and the Muse likes them! If you favor a light, natural look or just want an easy, simple eyeshadow application these might be something to consider!

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Sparkling and Luminous Loose Eyeshadows should definately be able to fit into your Beauty Budget!

Have these?

Love 'em?

Wanting to try them?

Tell the Muse!

Join me in loving Victoria's Secret Beauty by viewing some old posts!



Click here to read my babblings and excitement over the Victoria's Secret Sparkling Diamond Collection!

Click here to read my review on Victoria's Secret Heavenly Palettes!

Click here to find out why I wasn't loving the Victoria's Secret Brilliant Lip Shine Lipgloss!

Click here to hear my raves and review about the Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things Cosmetic Collection!

Click here to enjoy an FOTD of me using Goldblinger from this Collection!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

Hey Muse! Nice post! I don't have these yet but thanks to you I will have 'em soon :D

HUGS!

April 14, 2008 at 4:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey d!

you're most welcome!

They are surprisely delightful and worth dishing out for! Sometimes in the Summer I prefer a more natural fresher look and these are perfect for that ;)

Hugs!

April 14, 2008 at 5:10 PM  
Blogger Taryn said...

That would have been great if UD used sponge tips instead of brushes! I have one of the loose shadows, but ick, what a mess. I should just dump some into a pan and make a pressed version of it. I bought all of the pressing supplies, but I've been too lazy to bother. :P

April 15, 2008 at 1:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

5 for $20 seems like a great deal! I've never tried them because I know alot of people don't like VS's makeup, but I'm going to try these out. Thanks! :)

April 15, 2008 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey Taryn! *mwah*

That would have been amazing! I'd have brought every color. It's a mess right now with the brush they included :P

I was gonna do a pressing tut but I got lazy myself ;)

April 15, 2008 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

gee,

some of the makeup is good and some is rubbish :P I do like some of it though and had pretty good experiences with my purchases ;)

And these are a pretty neat little find. Very light, natural application :)

*hugs*!

Happy Tuesday!

PS watermark premiering soon! thanks to your help ;)

April 15, 2008 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had these a while back and couldn't stand them; they were so messy and irritating. Plus, the color selection could have been better. I look at VS's current makeup collection and long for it's original pink, black and silver line.

April 15, 2008 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger Beauty Addict said...

Hi Izzy, Hope u had a great weekend!

Anyway, this VS eyeshadows looks really like the recent Body Shop's fall limited edition collection!

It's called the Shimmer Smudgers. I have it in shade 06 which is a dark shimmery green. The packaging is exactly like the VS ones shown.

I love how you can control the amount of eye shadows going on your eyes and are able to blend beautifully.

Anyway, I'm so envying you guys! I've heard so much about VS beauty stuff unfortunately we don't have it here in sunny SG :( -gracie

April 15, 2008 at 12:49 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey mandy ;)

Not too bad an experience with these on my end. Color selection has improved since the original release ;P

I used to love the beautiful packaging on the old line :( The new slick black isn't so fab :P

April 15, 2008 at 2:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey gracie! *hugs*

It was very relaxing and lovely thanks hope yours was fab ;)

Yes indeed! I actually have those as well as these. They are a bit more pigmented than these guys!

these blend gorgeous. Very simple and easy to use!

If you need anything and don't mind a bit of a delay I'd be happy to help you CP some VS and ship it on over!

;)

Hugs!

April 15, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home