Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 16, 2009

Philip B Maui Wowie Beach Mist Review

I hate the beach. Sorry. Since I hate the beach it's impossible to get beach hair. Beach hair seems absolutely essential to Summer and if I don't have beach hair I might not be "in"....I must have beach hair at any cost!

Ok..dramatic I know but seriously. I don't do beaches...sand, sea weed, etc...if God had meant for us to thread around on hot sand, wade in salt water, and have the sun beating on our heads, he'd have given us fins at the very least dontcha think?

Beach hair seems to be the in thing during the Summer months. That slightly damp, mussed up look a la the Little Mermaid. You know hawt tresses that look like you dived into the ocean, spread out on a beach towel, and let the wind dry out your salt laden hair to perfection. Who knew that the beach could do good things for your hair right?


If you aren't a lover of the beach but still desire the hair that goes along with a trip to the shore peep at my review below!

Philip B Maui Wowie Beach Mist is awesome hair in a bottle sans the beach. A cocktail of sea salt, extracts of algae, orchid, Tahitian gardenia, aloe vera, oils of kukui and coconut and possible a little bit of sand (ok I made the sand part up) gives tresses texture, body, bounce, volume, and hold for that beach worthy look you're craving.




God this stuff smells incredible. Can't we has sniff o' vision on the Interwebz? I'll talk to Al Gore and see what we can arrange, the mighty guru of Internet creation. I wish I can explain the scent to you but it's a bit complex...think fresh, think slightly floral, think...the beach...Maui with a little wowie thrown in there. Loves it!

So what's it do?

Take your slightly damp hair (or dry but damp gets the best results in my humble opinion) and mist a bit of Philip B Maui Wowie Beach Mist onto your locks. Don't comb it through just scrunch it gently if you like or flip it upside down and shake (this works a treat plus you'll feel like you're in some shampoo or styling commercial). That's about it...the results are bouncy, textured locks, with a bit of volume that simply makes you look like you just bounced off the sand.

Beach hair easy and mess free in a bottle plus no sand in unusual places!

Adore this stuff. Muse Approved for Purchase, it's one of my Summer Makeup Must Haves!





Anyone try?

Tell it!

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie said...

Looks awesome! I have naturally curly hair & I find it hard to get the whole sexy, wavy, beachy hair thing going on. It too often turns into a frizzy mess! You look like a curly girl too & your hair looks great! I'm going to have to check this out =)

July 17, 2009 at 3:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me to jessie :-D plus my hair is so long I'd rather tuck it up and away!

I'm wavy/curly combo and def can use as much help as possible with the frizz :-D

July 17, 2009 at 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Giselle said...

ooh we finally see you with your hair down! it looks cute! my hair is similar but i have a ton of frizz. this looks good...how much does it cost??

July 17, 2009 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe giselle :-D thanks!

$23 :-D

July 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Anonymous Marina said...

this is the first time when I see your hair. and it looks so nice!lovely black curls :)

July 17, 2009 at 2:43 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

I hate the beach too, which is unfortunate since I live in Southern California... but I have a short pixie cut (Mia Farrow-esque), and I'm looking for good ways to make it all messy and beach-like. Do you think this would work on short hair? Or would it just weigh it down?

July 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

aw thanks marina :-D

it's actually quite dark brown hehe but it's been known to be mistaken for black :-D

July 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi silky

my sis has a pixie cut too and she uses it....works quite well on her but she did say it mad her hair a tad greasy...it's worthy of a try...don't quote me but I think they have this bundled with two other products in a sample size trio...maybe give that a try :-D that way you can try a small size plus two other philip b products :D

Hope it helps!

July 22, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home