Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 16, 2009

Clean & Clear Eye Make Up Remover Review

Hello gorgeous where have you been all my life?


Clean & Clear has introduced a brand new oil-free makeup remover and it's been around since, check this, March 2009. Why didn't I know about it before this? Who's in charge of the memo service? I didn't get the memo telling me about cheap eye makeup remover...you know how obsessed I am with finding an inexpensive makeup remover! Heads will roll when I find out who messed up.

Teehee.

But for now I have in my possession a bottle of Clean & Clear Eye Make Up Remover and since I'm so in likey with it I'm in a forgiving mood!

Jump!

$5.95 nails you a 5.5oz a bottle of Clean & Clear Soothing Eye Make Up Remover...yes under $6 bucks and you can have a very good quality remover....thank you jebus, I prayed so hard but didn't think it would ever happen.

I have one tiny rant but I'll get to that in sec..

First off this is incredible stuff. This removes eye makeup in a snap plus it doesn't contain oil so no cloudy, blurred, OMG! I can't see! feeling. The formula is very much like simple water but it manages to do a very good job of removing waterproof mascara, pigmented eye shadow, etc......


I'm deeply impressed. It does have somewhat the same formula as Lancome Bi-Facil but it's more watery. My only rant is you have to use alot. I had to do two cotton pads to get everything off my eyes....I wish I could have just did one swipe and be good but I did have to saturate two pads to remove everything. But...I do wear alot of eye makeup in it's defense. I'm not upset in the least about this as it did a supreme job of getting my waterproof mascara off so I'm discoing!

That Bi-Facial feeling!

Fact is...it's a killer deal and it works. It's the best drugstore remover I've come across and well worth a pick up. I think it'll replace...wait for it...my Sephora eye makeup remover. I have to test a bit more before I retire Sephora but it's looking like Clean & Clear Make Up Remover is winning the coveted position of being the Muse's eye makeup remover.

Likey!

Loves it and Muse Approves it for purchase.



Try it, I have a feeling you'll like it as much as I do.

Anyone try yet?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

Do you like it better than the Sephora stuff you recommended to me? I've been using the Sephora stuff that you shake up, the Nyx stuff that's like it, and Biore facial wipes.

July 16, 2009 at 7:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm intrigued! I've been looking for a good makeup remover and I would LOVE to be able to just buy a cheaper drugstore brand!!!

July 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

Oh, I'll have to try it! I saw it in the store the other day, but totally passed it up because I thought it wouldn't work. But I trust the Muse!

July 17, 2009 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd...for the price I consider it a better deal. The only thing I hated was I really had to saturate a pad to get everything off but it's damn good stuff and worthy of a pick up especially since the sephora one is 10 bucks!

July 17, 2009 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

same here khalia...I normally spend $10 on sephora's and this can easily replace that I think!

July 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

jackie try it..it's worth checking out...prob the best ds brand I've come across that works.

LMK what you think! Curious minds!

July 17, 2009 at 9:56 AM  
Anonymous Kandice said...

I have to agree with you! I picked up a bottle of this stuff last week to replace my Bi-Facil as well and I've been very impressed. I can buy almost five bottles of this stuff for the price of one Bi-Facil. This one is definitely a winner and will be my new eye makeup remover of choice.

July 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kandice great stuff right? bifacil is way expensive as much as I love it I can't afford to buy it all the time as I go through remover like crazy!

loving this! Perfect foil for Lancome :-D likey! Nice dupe and cheap! Count me in for a case of this stuff!

July 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! Wondering if you've tried Loreal Eye Makeup Remover & if so, what are your thoughts on it? If not, maybe think about reviewing it as your next trial DS eye makeup remover? =)

July 21, 2009 at 1:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

nope sorry hun. I'll do my best :-D i'm heading to rite aid today I'll see if they have it!

July 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger Foodzings said...

it's the same as neutrogena (they're both owned by J&J)! just check the ingredients... identical except the order of them... but i like neutrogena better! it's odd...

July 26, 2009 at 12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! It's me, anony again~ just left you a comment about how bad i feel...not gonna repeat myself here - just wanted to let you know that i snagged this remover w/o reading your post cuz i trust yer advice that much...crazy, isn't it? have yet to use it, but i'm sure it's a true upgrade from the blue stuff. thanks again!

July 28, 2009 at 1:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi food

I tried the neutrogena one and didn't like it at all..we are reversed lol......weird!!!!!!!

July 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous
omg don't worry hun I was kiddin' :-D

stop by please and tell me what you think!!!!!!! curious how you like it :-D

thanks for trustin' my opinion *hugs*

July 30, 2009 at 4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! (anony here again) I finally tried it & I like it, I like it! It is definitely easier to remove waterproof mascara, however I don't like how it's oily even though it's oil-free. That's my lazy butt that takes off eye makeup, but doesn't want to wash my face after...haha... for those nights when i just wanna fall asleep with my makeup on, but won't due to phobia of eye infections or my eye being crusted shut. LOL

August 4, 2009 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

sorry for the delayed reply!

YAYAYAYAY! That's awesome. oh I totally understand...I normally wash my face after use so I can understand it does leave a tiny bit of a film that could prove annoying. maybe follow up with a cleanser wipe!?

August 26, 2009 at 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home