Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jul 16, 2009

Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Expedition Review


There is nothing as evil as bugs. Ugh. Spiders, beetles, and other creepy crawlers just freak me the heck out. Squeal! I was much more tolerate of bug'ems growing up as a tomboy but as I got older the tolerance got lower and lower and now I'm just deadly scares of bugs. I remember growing up circa the 1900's, my mum used to hose me down with Skin So Soft before going out to catch lightning bugs with friends (omg! lightning bugs how horrifying! I almost swallowed one once but that's a story for another day)....I dunno what the deal was but Skin So Soft was the miracle cure for keeping mosquitoes at bay...no worries my mum wasn't nuts as all the mother's did the same thing!

But thankfully we aren't as primitive nowadays and Avon Skin So Soft has a bug guard that's actually MEANT to use with bugs. My mum is rejoicing right now I'm sure.

This is so for me because I'm a mosquito magnet, indeed they vant to suck my blood. Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus Expedition not only contains anti-bug'em repellent but also has an SPF of 30. Cool protects me from bugs and the sun, likey!

This 2 in 1 spray offers 8 hours of protection against mosquitoes, snags, flies, and other strange flying creatures that are fascinated with your blood or just want to hang out on your arm or leg. The formula is available in a gentle unscented spray or a Gentle Breeze fragrance.

If you're outdoors alot in the evenings and the mosquitoes are buzzing around you pick up a can of Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard to keep both the bugs and the sun at bay.




Available now from Avon for $14.

What about you?

Hate bugs?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I hate bugs. Ick. However, I love my lanai. It keeps the pony sized mosquitoes of Florida at bay if I'm choosing to enjoy the night air on my lanai. :)

July 16, 2009 at 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Jessie said...

Growing up in the early 1900's? HA! I bet you're about the same age as me =)
Anyhoo, I have an incredible talent. I can attract mosquitoes from miles away. Last summer, in Florida, my friends & I would go to the beach in the evenings & they would tease me about my perfume- OFF LOL Still, no matter what, if I missed a spot, it was covered in bites- while they had nothing! NO FAIR! I've since moved to an area with no mosquitoes or humidity- now I can actually be more excited about your body spray reviews!
Sorry about the ramble here, you reminded me of last summer =)

July 16, 2009 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

My grandma used to believe in Skin So Soft. Where I live mosquitos are ridic. Its not even funny.

July 17, 2009 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hells yes dd I'm a magnet for the suckers ;-D lanai def helps but I can use even more help hehe hose me down with anti-bug spray please

July 17, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Jessie :-D hehe I'm getting there girl!

hells I attract them from other states..they fly over to land on me and bite me to death not fun!

eau de off LOL! same here I seriously can't go outside at night for fear mosquitoes will attack. ahhh!

hehe who knew bug spray could be so exciting?!

July 17, 2009 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol my mum too jackie. thankfully it's not crazy here but I have a summer home upstate and BOY that's absurd...bugs are everywhere!

July 17, 2009 at 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home