Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 18, 2009

WANT IT: Cover FX The Big Cover Up 3 Step Essentials

Like everyone else in the makeup world I strive for perfection. I want to look as flawless as humanly possible. Which is why Cover FX The Big Cover Up 3 Step Essentials is currently topping my WANT list!


Check it!

Cover FX The Big Cover Up 3 Step Essentials is a set made up of professional quality products to achieve incredible coverage for a flawless, beautiful complexion.

Baby I'm a want you!

Cover FX is a camouflage makeup that's heavily pigmented to work at covering even the worst flaws, birth marks, tattoos, etc....This kit includes everything for covering minor to major imperfections.

The set includes:
  • Cover FX SkinPrep FX
  • Cover FX Total Coverage Cream Foundation (3 Shade for mixin' and cocktailin' for your unique shade)
  • Cover FX Setting FX
  • Cover FX Precision Foundation Brush
  • How To Video

Can I tell you I'm totally enamored with this set and want it badly. The only thing that's prevented me from fully exploring Cover FX is having to sit down and have my color matched for me. I'm not a fan of MA's touchin' and feelin' all over my face so I haven't experimented with the wide range of Cover FX foundations. Which brings me to why this kit is so appealing. It's only available in four color combination which totally breaks down the overwhelming amount of colors available in the standard foundation. Plus it has three shades so even if I get a set that doesn't match me completely I can still mix my proper shade.

But...ado...the $75 price tag hurts a little bit. I believe what's included is pretty much trail size so I'm wincing slightly at the price.

Doesn't stop me from wanting this kit though! I'm trying hard not to submit, a little moral support please?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I wore Cover FX on my wedding day. In fact my profile pic is me on just before my wedding. LOVED IT! I had one of the Sephora pros apply a full face before the day so I could see. Yeah, this stuff is totally worth the money!

June 18, 2009 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

i'm sold khalia

i needs it :-D

hehe

June 18, 2009 at 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Melissa Shum said...

Hello Muse =)

Melissa here from Cover FX, THANKS for posting about our new Big Cover Up kit! I am absolutely flattered that we made your I WANT list!

I know it may feel like a lot to drop $75 at once for what seems like smaller sized products, but the value of the kit is $135 and
the Cover FX cream foundation is actually 12g equivalent to the retail size, YAY!

I can assure you this pocket portable kit will last you an entire year =)(a little bit of Cover FX product go a long way)

You can do custom colours, contouring, face sculpting, highlighting and even adjust your colour through the seasons! As for colour matching... you can request an express consultation and they can colour match you on your hand so the MA's won't have to touch your face lol.

Cheers!

June 19, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello melissa!

it's equally flattering to have you come on the comment, sincere thanks!!!!!!!!

Oh yay! That's fabs :-D hehe that's a relief. I'm such a high maintenance chica so it would be nice to have my color customized for me!

Sincere thanks for the good word Melissa! I hope to feature it on Musings soon in a review!

June 19, 2009 at 10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anastasia said...

As someone who is a Ben Nye devotee (I mean, I love me some MAC, but their lumiere eyeshadows are so transfixingly beautiful), may I suggest the Ben Nye cover wheel as a more pocket book friendly alternative? I bought one a year ago for about $22 at my local costume shop and its' become something I can't live without. It's thick, blends well (once you get the hang of working with something that thick) and has six different colors you can blend to get just the right color (including an olivey greenish color that works really well for covering redness and blemishes). I have oily skin and it also stays in place for hours on end when set with translucent powder. I've had mine for about a year and have yet to hit pan on any of the colors (and I use it almost every day). Anyway, thought I'd mention that option :).

June 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks anastasia must try this :-D I like many ben nye products so it sounds great!

July 14, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home