Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 18, 2009

Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It Review

The tip of my nose occasionally mimics a porcupine. It's so bloody difficult to get those pesky little blackheads cleared out even with the toughest of scrubs and nose strips. Grrr! *Shakes fist* Damn you blackheads!

I recently picked up Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It in the hopes that it would cure the woe of blackheads from my nose!


Click ahead to see if it worked!

The bad news is those blackheads are still there. Sigh. Fail! No matter how hard I try those two or three little dots just drive me bonkers trying to remove and the only really success I've had getting them out is either extraction or using some Mario Badescu Silver Powder.

Oh wait my Sony Black Head Stick also works, heavy sarcasm there!

Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It is a cooling, minty scrub to refine large pores and clear 'em up. The scrub is meant exclusively for your T-Zone but it is suggested you can easily work the scrub around your face for a deeper clean. Actually if it wasn't for the fact that I'm using this as a simple face scrub it probably wouldn't be worth much as it didn't remove those blooming blackheads but it did work at getting my skin nicely polished. I'm virtually pore-less so I'm unsure if anything has been refined on my face but I did feel flake free and squeaky clean after use plus no dry, tight feeling. The scrub is blue with a fresh, minty almost medicine smell. Some may be turned off by the scent, I personally like it. If you're feeling inclined you can also take it in the shower with you and scrub away or use it as a 3-5 minute mask!












Although it sadly did nothing for my blackheads I'm still quite liking the nice deep clean it gives if nothing else.

It's worthy of a pick up if you find it on sale (Soap & Glory was on sale last week at Target, could still be so check out your local store). It doesn't perform miracles but for a basic deep clean, scrub it does a decent job. Not a love but a likey for sure.

Anyone try?

Love?

Tell It!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lucy said...

MUSE!
I have this.. found it in my stocking from my other half (a hint?! How rude of him) at chirstmas. Got to say, It hasn't had a noticeable effect on blackheads but one thing I've found is that using it in the shower gives a big difference to the end result. I get in, slap it on and then wash, shampoo and condition my hair, towel off and then scrub it all off my face. My skin still feels flake free but it feels moisturised too, probably just because of the steam but hey ho, it feels nicer than just using the mask like normal!
Also, how much is Soap & Glory over in the USA?
Over here it's about £4-8 a product, but everything across the pond seems to be about half the price.

June 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually really, really love this stuff! i don't get terrible blackheads but this helps clear my skin out a bit when used as a mask. also it really refines my oilies!

June 19, 2009 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey lucy!

yay glad you're enjoying this. no diff in blackheads either but it's a find scrubby in the morning :-D I like the smell too.

Mmm about $7-$10 USD here and some higher :-D

July 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yay errahk

awesome it works a treat for you! :-D I'm glad!

plus it's cheap!

July 14, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home