Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 18, 2009

Mineral Powder Review: Aromaleigh Glissade Mineral Foundation Review

I should know by now that mineral foundation and my skin don't get along. I've definitely tried a few I like and some I've gotten very excited about but I notice in the long run they tend to end up in the bottom of my makeup draw.

I've tried a few Aromaleigh products before which I've been very, very happy with so it was the next logical step to try out their Glissade Mineral Foundation which sounds too good to be true.


Check out my review after the jump!

Aromaleigh Glissade Mineral Foundation is pimped out like the gods themselves use this incredible formula. Words like dreamy, luxe, and emollient got me so excited I could barely see straight.

Glissade is described as the perfect solution for women (like me!) that find mineral foundations drying, itchy, tightening, and sensitizing to the skin or anyone who just couldn't wear mineral foundation happily. This is exactly my problem or some of it. Itchy, drying, and just not happy with the overall results of mineral foundations, indeed Glissade sounded like what I needed.

Glissade is a formula that utilizes silicone-coasted pigment technology (I'm sure you're familiar with silicon foundations by now and even liquid foundations that are embracing silicons in their formulas) which provides a buffer between your skin and the pigments. Basically it's almost acting as if you've set your face with a primer first so the minerals are "laying" on your skin and technically touching it. Interesting concept, difficult to understand possibly, but I get it.








Glissade is typically the same formula as any other mineral foundation. It feels smooth, fine, silky. It feels very nice in simple terms. The idea of it being emollient and moisturizing to my skin is absurd because it also acts the way most every mineral foundation I've tried in the pass does. I end up feeling dry, flaky, and looking heavily made up even after finely misting with toner. On a side note prior to ordering I headed into a Bare Escentuals store to get fitted for the color I'd be using from Aromaleigh. I know I'm such a cheeky little monkey getting tips from BE and buying from Aromaleigh, bad Muse! BE was kind enough to point out my shade for me and I purchased just that on Aromaleigh however the BE shade I tried in the store was a bit darker than the Aromaleigh Glissade version. Just a note if you are buying that shades aren't exact from my experience.

The great news is the formula isn't itchy at all. It wears very, very comfortably. However, it does feel dry, it does feel flaky, and it does not wear long at all. Within an hour or two it's virtually gone from my face and even leaves spots behind so it looks like I'm half made up. Gross!

Although Aromaleigh Glissade Mineral Foundation had me wishin' and hopin' that it would turn into this incredible flawless finish I just felt ripped off that I indulged in such a large size. Sigh...always order a sample size kids and don't go full size, even when things sound absolutely amazing.

Glissade lacks the itch but it fails epically the rest of the way around. As for the Muse, she'll keep searching, no sense giving up yet. There has to be a mineral out there that works!

Anyone try?

Love it?

What are your HG mineral foundations?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous TerriB said...

Hi. Tried many before finding J. Lynne Cosmetics mineral foundation, and it is the best face makeup (mineral or otherwise) that I have ever had. They have inexpensive samples and good eyeshadows too. Terri

June 19, 2009 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello I've been reading your posts the past few months and really enjoy them. Your posts on BB Creams was especially helpful thank you :-) (After trying a dozen different kinds, I really like Skin79 Beblesh Cream in the gold container with all the fancy caviar & gold in it.)

I've also spent a small fortune on MMU samples (from 20+ companies no less!) and I agree with you on Aromaleigh - their MMU is doesn't last long & I never found my color match with their MMU's. And it made my skin itch.

I did manage to find two MMU's that I like and use when I need coverage that BB creams do not provide: Buff'd Cosmetics Concealing Formula in Lace (www.buffd.com)and KT Naturals in Light Warm (www.ktnaturals.com), based out of Canada and Ohio, respectively. I can't make up my mind which one I like better so I use one or the other depending on my mood! Both do not upset my sensitve skin, are long lasting and doesn't cake up on my face and are the best color matches for my skin tone (light yellow/olive). Both of these companies are reliable and I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Check out this blog: www.shadesofu.com. Her blog contains tons of information on MMU's. I consider her the *queen* of all things Mineral Makeup. She's sampled tons of of MMU from different companies and her reviews are detailed, thorough, and concise.

Best,
Lynn

June 19, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks terri :-D

will try!

July 22, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lynn

sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for the great comment :-D glad you're enjoying that bb cream :D

thanks for all the info and details I read shadesofu she's a fab blogger :-D

I really appreciate the awesome advice and will have to try some of your recs :-D

Thanks hun!

July 22, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home