Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 16, 2009

Summer Must Have Makeup: Flirt! Cosmetics Candy Stripes Glossy Lip Palette Review and Swatches

Let me tell you a story about the best $14 bucks you'll spend this Summer. Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is head to Kohl's and snag yourself the new Flirt! Cosmetics Candy Stripes Glossy Lip Palette.


Loves 'em!

Click to read the review.

My last run in with Flirt! Cosmetics was when I came across Flirt! Cosmetics RollerBlush. I'm pretty sure at the time I was thinking that what the world needed now was more rollerblush. What? It was a simpler time in life, the economy was considerably better, and the the idea of rollerblush just made the Muse's happy. I've since realized that maybe rollerblush isn't all that great an idea however I'll tell you what is a fantastic idea. Flirt! Cosmetics Candy Stripes Glossy Lip Palettes!








I got these in the mail a few weeks ago and I was kinda saving them up until the weather got better. Well...the weather never did get better and we are full swing into Summer now so might as well shout the good word. At first peep they aren't really anything to write home about and the makeup snob inside me is crying out that they do look somewhat cheap. But I do so admit all those strips of color are tempting and rather pretty to look at. Anything with strips of makeup, particularly gloss, inside always seems like a disastrous mess waiting to happen which could sway me from indulging. Even with a possible hot mess waiting in the wings and the slight cheap factor I decided to give Flirt! Candy Stripes Glossy Lip Palette it's just deserves in the review department and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked them.

Available in two shades these palettes consist of five shades of pigmented gloss which act more like a creamy lip treatment than a gloss. You can mix, match, combine, or cocktail any and all of the glosses into a unique shade just for you or use each shade individually. The color combinations you can get from the one palette are truly limitless. I was so, so surprised at how incredibly pigmented these were. The formula isn't without the flaw of being quite sticky and tacky but honestly how many glosses have you run into that don't have such a formula (hello beloved MAC Lipglass!). The gloss is pretty much bulletproof and has quite a nice long wear. I'm looking at least 4-5 hours without eating and drinking of course. I think what delighted me most about the palettes was the pigmentation. Each color pops and sizzles on my lips, oh so lurvely.












The palette is available in two color varitations, Pink Stripes and Peach Stripes. Pink is very nice but my heart is with Peach. Mixing up the various shades of peach gives me a gorgeous shade of coral gloss that's so beautiful! I find the best way to use the palettes is by slapping a bunch of the shades together. Some colors are lighter where as some are darker so combining them gets a perfect shade. I also noticed that applying a darker shade with a lighter on top gets a more glossy look since the darker shades lean more towards a creamy lip color rather than a simple gloss. Please excuse the crummy swatches! I only swatched the pink palette and it came out really light but truly the palette is way more pigmented than the swatches let on.




I really adore these and I'm glad I decided to get over myself and give them a whirl. Truly a worth while beauty purchase in my opinion. Do head on into Kohl's to check 'em out. I'm Muse Approving these for purchase, a great Summer Makeup Must
Have for this Muse!



Below are some pics I took using the palettes. The first set I used the pink palette and the second I used the peach. I can't say which colors I used because it's a cocktail of almost everything in the palette but as you can see it's rather a nice effect especially the peach!














Anyone try?

Tell it!

What are your fav Summer Must Have glosses?

Share 'em!

Check out more Flirt! Cosmetics by visiting www.flirtcosmetics.com

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger DaisyChain said...

I wish you didn't feature such amazing things Muse,
my bank account is a quivering wreck!

June 16, 2009 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Pau F said...

i saw those at kohls yesterday but they were sold out of the peach one, which i reaaaallly loved!

June 16, 2009 at 4:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

omg! yay someone else who is loving on these. the peach is sooooo gorg! Keep checkin' well worth having. The pink is nice but the peach just floored me :-D

June 16, 2009 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe :-D so is mine. My bank cries tears of agony :-D

June 16, 2009 at 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Marina said...

thank you for review.
this is really a summer must have:D great vibrant colors! but I like the peach one only, not the pink one.

June 16, 2009 at 4:37 PM  
Blogger Pau F said...

thanks muse! you know if they restock? or is it kinda like MAC once they're gone, they're gone for good...
if they do i'll definitely keep looking for it :)

June 16, 2009 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey marina

totally vibrant shades for sum :-D I'm not partial to pink myself but I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the peach :-D Def my fav!

June 16, 2009 at 4:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey pau

yes I noticed that about flirt :( Kohl's online site has it available if your desperate. also I did note last year that I wanted some blush or another and they did restock it even if it was LE at the time....!

If all else fails maybe another kohl's in your area? :D

June 16, 2009 at 4:43 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I need to find a local Kohl's! There's gotta be one somewhere here. That pink Palette looks like fun to me ;)

I'm still in love with my Fyrinnae Lip Lustres. It's a rare day that I'm not wearing one.

June 16, 2009 at 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Dana said...

These are dupes! Check out the Rimmel Ribbon Gloss!

June 16, 2009 at 7:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dana

will have to check out the ribbon gloss from rimmel :-D

June 17, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Muse! Welcome back! :)
Dana's right...these are just like the Rimmel gloss palates I have...but the colors do look nice. (FYI- the price for a Rimmel one should be a lot cheaper- maybe around $7.)

- Miss D

June 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi miss d!

ooo must go peep at the rimmel ones than! :-D these seemed way more pigmented though!

July 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home