Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jun 16, 2009

Beauty on a Budget: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry Shadow Review and Swatches


3 for $15 or 6 for $20, no matter how you splice those numbers it's pretty cheap for quality shadow dontcha think? Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry Eyeshadow are that cheap and that good.

Victoria's Secret has recently extended it's Beauty Rush line to include brand new baked eyes shadows that can be used wet or dry.

Jump ahead to hear my review and see some swatches!

Ooooo baby I likey you! These are so cool. I ran across these when I was busy shoppin' the Victoria's Secret Pool Party Collection and fell instantly in love with 'em.

What are they?

Cute little baked eye shadows with a metallic, shimmery finish and a cheap price tag!

How do they perform?

The formula is silky, smooth and blends beautifully for the price. Some fall out here and there but sometimes we have to take the bad with the good folks. They wear long, are nicely pigmented, and I'm rather in love with 'em which makes them all the better right?

Who might like 'em?

Anyone who wants a pigmented, cheap shadow!
Anyone who wants a funky, foiled eye look for the Summer!
Those who adore baked eye shadows!

I'm having a blast doing various looks with these this week. I can't verify completely about how many shades there are but it appears around 6 to 8 shades. Honestly, for the price I'm pretty impressed. I don't normally love the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush makeup line but I have found a gem or two in those little displays by the register and Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry EyeShadow happen to fall into the superstar category. I only got three shades as I was trying to keep my purchases to fun, Summer shades and a few colors fairly shouted Summer lovin'. The colors I got were Gold Rush, Hot Ginger, and Blueray. Gold Rush is a shimmering beige gold, Blueray is a pool blue with hints of aqua, and Hot Ginger is sparkling bronze. You can use the shadows wet or dry. Dry you'll end up with a high metallic sparkle effect and wet you'll have more of a foiled eye look. I didn't create a look for you using all three shades but I did do two looks one of which I'll post here and later on with my review of Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm you'll see me sporting Gold Rush.
































Overall, the price tag and quality of the shadows makes them a worthy item of a pick up. These aren't available on the Victoria's Secret website as of yet so you can't see swatches but head in store for a peep. These are tossed in with the other Beauty Rush items so you can't miss 'em. I noticed that some stores have only three or four shades where as other stores had close to 8 shades so shop around for a bigger selection.






I'm Muse Approving these for purchase! Well worth picking up. Loves 'em!



Anyone try?

Loving Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Wet Dry Eyeshadow?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Anonymous MandyP said...

I shall have to make a quick trip to VS and check these out. That said, trips to VS haven't been the same since the demise of Pout.

June 16, 2009 at 5:12 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

That blue is OMG sexy! Especially for the summer! If you did a bronzey-gold lid and then lined with that blue... sooo hot!

June 16, 2009 at 5:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

mandy my love!

How is you?

I agree...sigh pout please don't say it out loud!

June 17, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

it's sooo popping dd :-D def head to vs and grab some!

good combo suggestion btw :D

June 17, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you say that the hot ginger and gold rush can replace copper diamond and gold bobbi brown shimmerbricks if used on the cheeks as highlighters? or do these eyeshadows too pigmented for that? are they just as shimmery as the shimmerbricks? I like my pink quartz brick but paid out the nose so was looking for something cheap and comprable, not a lot of color but a lot of sheen. Thanks!

June 21, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.....I'm bummed out, my question wasn't approved nor answered :(

June 23, 2009 at 10:26 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

sorry anonymous I'm WAY behind in comments, forgive me?

mmm I wouldn't wear these on your face. They sparkle nicely yes but are most def a shadow and not comparable to BB shimmerbrick in the least. You'd end up a bit of a glitterbomb :-D with them on your face maybe lightly?

I wouldn't though!

Hope this helps hun!

Try out the Milani Color Strip palettes or Bonnie Bell ones if you'd like a dupe of BB SB!

July 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your response :) I have been using Physicians Formula shimmer strips successfully but still managed to get an LE MSF and LE Shimmer brick just so I can say I have them LOL. Their all good.

July 18, 2009 at 5:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi anonymous

my pleasure!

awesome :-D good on you! I'm glad you are using something that's meant for the face as I think these wouldn't be so fabs :P

:-D

July 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home