Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

May 20, 2009

Fab Favs: 12 Shower Gels I Wouldn't Want To Live Without (And Some I Have To....)


Ok, I admit it. My shower stall is filled with way too many shower gels that I'm constantly rotating. What? I love variety!

Fruity, Sweet, Foody, you name it it's hanging around in my shower!

Click ahead to find out about 12 Shower Gels I can't live without! And some that are long gone so I find I have to live without 'em, oh woe!


1. The Muse finds she can't live without Lush Back for Breakfast Shower Gel! At one time she did when it was long gone! But bless be Lush has brought it back, praise the shower angels above. Bright, sunny citrus to wake you up in the morning should make Lush Back for Breakfast one shower gel you wouldn't want to live without.

2. Lush Freeze Shower Gel suffered the same faith as Back for Brekkie but just like it's fellow gel in arms, it's back and better than evers! Summer is hear so this cool, minty sensation keeps the Muse feeling brisk and refreshed during her evening shower! Can't live without it!

3. You should always buy enough Lush Snow Fairy to last you the year round because you'll find you have to live without it until Christmas of the next year when it's released fro the short Holiday season! Tis the Season with Snow Fairy!


4. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Shower Gels have my attention at the moment. Particularly loving the fruity sweetness of Juiced Berry!

5. I have to live without Victoria's Secret Lime Tartina. This tart, sweet lime concoction was introduced last Summer and has ever since been long since gone. Sadness!

6. Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story was introduced for Valentine's Day in or around 2007. The Muse hauled it like a good little junkie while it was still around because this sweet, tingling red hot shower gel went buh-bye!


7. What in the world was Philosophy thinking when they axed Empowermint from their popular 3 in 1 shower gel collection? Bestest stuff evers! The Muse is down to her very last drop, bring it back Philosophy, bring it back!

8. Since Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story is long since gone the Muse can pacify herself with Philosophy Red Hot Cinnamon Dots! Loves it!

9. Philosophy Pink Frosted Layer Cake is incredible, 'nuff said.


10. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel is one of those shower gels that lingers long after your shower is over, it's just pure goodness in a large pump bottle. Soap and Glory Clean On Me Shower Gel and the Muse have been going steady for a while now!

11. Red Licorice Shower Gel? Yes, indeed, perfection! Philosophy Red Licorice Shower Gel brings it! Plus the Muse can use it as a shampoo too, she has twizzler scented locks and is loving it!

12. Pacific Bali Lime Papaya Shower Gel takes me away. Tart lime mixed with sweet, fruity papaya makes me go all tropical in the shower gel!

That's all folks. 12 Shower Gels I wouldn't want to live without and quite a few that I have too, sniff! Go ahead and name some of your fav shower gels, doesn't have to be 12 could be more, could be less!

Labels: , , , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Phyrra said...

I knew the Snow Fairy would be on your list! Yummy stuff!

Ok in no particular order, here are my current favs:
1. Bath n Body Works Black Raspberry Vanilla
2. The Body Bakery's Cherry Meringue Bites
3. The Body Shop's Raspberry (with honey)
4. Sephora's Guava Passion
5. Ulta's Blackberry Creme
6. Ulta's Pumpkin Spice
7. Ulta's Black Cherry

My favs that I haven't seen for a long time:
1. Bath n' Body Works Peach
2. Bath n' Body Works Honeysuckle

May 20, 2009 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Laura L said...

interesting... have u tried the bath and body works cherry blossom?
oh ya, u can try etsy, dennisanderson whipping soap, it is soooo ah~~~ NICE!

May 20, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's quite a lot of shower gels you got there :D Thanks for the recs~ I always hear about Lush, is the brand that big of a deal? Ooh, I challenge :D Anyway, I would love to try me some Lush, but it isn't easily accessible here, wished it was, I want to try their fabulous skincare!

May 20, 2009 at 7:28 PM  
Blogger sarahPUFFY! said...

my all time favourite is Ivory...in the original, aloe, and lavender scents! I don't even have to wear perfume because these smell so nice and fresh. mom bought it because she thought it would be good for my sensitive skin...she loved the scents so much she bought some of her own! :)

May 20, 2009 at 8:23 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Haha and I thought my 4 shower gels in the shower was a bit too much.

May 21, 2009 at 7:52 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd

but of course :-D

pumpkin SPICEEEEEEEEEEEE loves it :-D

I know what happened to bbw peach and also bbw cherry lemonade, kicking it old school!

May 21, 2009 at 1:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi ning!

yes but it's too floral for me. I kinda dig when it smells slightly ever so slightly like lemon, floral, and a tiny kiss of cherry..does that make sense?

oooo new etsy shop!

thanks ;D

May 21, 2009 at 1:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi innerchild.

lol i know I get crazy about shower gels :-D I like Lush. It really is something you either hate or love. I happen to love it :-D I've been using it for years now! I blame their skincare on my great skin :-D

Where are you? Lush UK ships :D

May 21, 2009 at 1:48 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey sarah!

awww ivory is so classic. I can so get on board with that super fresh smell :_D

May 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

a girl needs variety emma ;D

May 21, 2009 at 1:50 PM  
Blogger hiromix said...

i like palmolive's range! sensual, olive, milk & honey, and almond!

lush-wise i love: "happy hippy" (i think it's my favourite), "olive branch", the shower jelly that smells like a pina colada (it's blue and called "big calm")

b never too busy to be beautiful's "dirty" range. they've discontinued the showergel but they have the shampoo & soap so not all's lost.

i can't deny that i have a soft spot for the dove classic...lol i know v. boring!

banila co.'s showergel smells sooo luscious and luxurious... i wish the cap wasn't so tricky for the gel to come out... ^^

xxxx

May 23, 2009 at 1:42 AM  
Anonymous glory said...

haha, 3 show gels for every corner of your bathtub...

May 23, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sue
I love hippie too and big calm :-D good stuff!

I sure do miss B's shower gels :( sigh. I remeber they did the entire line in shower gel format, damn shame they axed it!

I've never tried banila co's shower gel! but EH makes several that are fun and lovely and cheap :D

May 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL glory yes!

May 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home