Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 14, 2009

Sneek Peek: MAC Rose Romance First Impressions, Review, and Product Photos

Oh MAC why...why do you have do this to me? Just when I thought I was cured you yank me back under your spell. MAC Rose Romance, a truly romantic and impressive collection from MAC.


Could be love, could definately be love! Jump ahead for the sneaky peek!

MAC Rose Romance releases officially April 23rd but check your local Pro shops as it might be peeking it's pretty head out early for you to snag. So far I only have a few of the items and from what I tried I must say I'm impressed and I'm rubbing my hands in glee awaiting my chance to get my greedy little hands on the rest of the release.

Star of the show, for the Muse, without question is the new MAC Just Pinch Gel Blush. Oh my god the coolness is too much. Housed in a paint pot glass jar this gel gives your cheeks a pinch of blush that will last all day long! Likey. It's a loud red so a little goes a long way and with a bit of the new beauty powder on top you're sure to look pretty for Spring!








Of course second runner up for my money are the stunning new Rose Romance Beauty Powder. Available in two shades these are shaped like a rose and pack a nice bit of pigment so they can easily be used a blush. I have Summer Rose which is a soft violet with plenty of pink.








I only have two of the three lipglasses released but from what I seen so far loves it! They seem more shimmery and full of sparkle than any other lipglasses I have. Steal My Heart is bright fun pink shade and Virgin Kiss is a pale almost peach with plenty of sparkle.














I wasn't big on the lippies as they are a bit too nude but I def want to try to make them work. The colors I have so far are A Rose Romance which is a nude pink and Way to Love which is a creamy nude pink that almost has a touch of peach. I'm wanting Odyssey as it seems a nice warm plum shade and keeping with the mauve like look and feel to the entire collection.








Love, love, love the new shades of See Thru Lip Colour although they have been downsized from their original size of .17oz and are now mini size. I'm partial to Tender Tryst which is a gorgeous plum! I also tried out Secret Crush which is a pure berry.













Old size vs. New Size

I'm looking forward to seeing the other shades of shadow in the collection but so far I've tried Of Summer which is a frosty mauve and Et Tu, Bouquet? which is a frost pale pink with touches of gold (nice to to cocktail with Circa Plum piggie!).












I believe Circa Plum Pigment is a repromote. It's a frosty dark lavender which makes a great contrasting shade for paler pinks, very fitting for the collection. Mutiny is being re-released as well and if you haven't already gotten this gem from the Naughty Nauticals Collection I highly rec nabbing it now as it's thee most perfect shade of aqua I've run across.






So far I'm deeply impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest shortly and I'm very eager to try out the MAC Fix + Rose Spray, it's on top of my list to buy! Just when I think I'm off the MAC train I can't help but be suckered back in. Really a great collection and well worth checking out for yourself.

What do you think?

Loves MAC Rose Romance?

Leaves it?

Tell me what you're hauling!

Labels: , , , , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Stephy said...

Hey muse!

I am looking forward to this collection too!!

just a quick question about the "way to love" lippie... i have rather pigmented lips so i am not sure if it's gonna show up to its true colour on my lips... wat do u think?

April 14, 2009 at 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Swatches if you can please!

April 14, 2009 at 10:52 PM  
Blogger Vichaya said...

I love this collection but I doubt that I will get too many pieces. I already have tons of pink blushes. Too many. But have to admit that those rose shape really get me excited. For lips, have you checked Shu Uemura's pink collection? It's wonderful!!!! I dropped by my mall just wanted to check it out earlier this week and I ended up getting 2 lippies. Very rare for me to buy a lipstick. Normally I'm a lip gloss girl. And now, I really want to go back and get some more lip glosses. They're really pretty.

April 15, 2009 at 1:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review! I was wondering - what exactly are See Thru Lip Colours? Are they like lip stains? Also, could you please do a more thorough review of the gel blush? If you were planning to anyway, then thanks haha :D

April 15, 2009 at 2:27 AM  
Anonymous starberry28 said...

Hey Muse!

Got to pick up some of the items from the collection today (it's at the Pro store already). Aren't the colors gorgeous?? I totally got sucked into spending too much money (again).

Do you find the Summer Rose bp a bit too hmm..violet? I'm on the fence about it. I did pick up the other one which is pinky/peach but more on the sheer side. What do you think? Go back for it or pass?

April 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, i think MAC is going to get a lot of $$$ from me this time!!! i have been safely staying away from it till i saw your pictures. many of the l/g and that rosy blush are soooo my kind of mu!

April 15, 2009 at 7:57 AM  
Blogger Bijin Blair said...

Ahh, the beauty powder looks fan-freaking-tastic! A swatch please?

April 15, 2009 at 8:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello stephy!

It's really nice. I've been so off the mac train lately but this one I really love :-D

My lips are kinda pigmented too and I had a hard time making it work. Both these shades are soooo nude. I imagine if you pack it on really really well with some gloss on top you can work it but I dunno I wasn't loving them. Looking more forward to odyssey. Head in shop and maybe have them swatch for you, could work who knows :-D

April 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

will do shortly anonymous!

:-D

April 15, 2009 at 9:11 AM  
Blogger kirkichi said...

I saw this on Spektra recently and fell in love with the beauty powders, I'm definitely going to have to pick up at least one when it comes to the UK! I'm confused about the see-thru lip colours as well, are they glosses or stains?

Speaking of MAC, I made my first ever purchase today :D I got myself a butternutty shade stick and a sample of the studio sculpt foundation. I originally went to see if they had any of the Grand Duos left but they didn't :(, luckily they still have it on the website though :D

You've converted me to MAC, Muse. I was never interested before I came to your blog!

April 15, 2009 at 9:15 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Vichaya

Ditto :-D It's been a while since mac captured my interest. YES YES YES omg yes! I want some of the glosses sooooo badly. It's truly a gorg collection, awesome job shu! :-D I want to get to a counter to have a peep!

April 15, 2009 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous

Lip stains hun or if you're daring cheek stains :-D Sure. I'm doing an FOTD tomorrow using some of it so I'll get more items deeply reviewed for ya ;-D

April 15, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi starberry28

It sure is at the pro store yayayay! They really are great shades! I kinda associate them with fall more than spring but hey I'm loving it anyway! LOL I feel your pain. I want at least two bottles of the Rose Fix spray :-D

ummm not really. I thought it was rather a good pink. Did you try using a tiny bit of stain under it? I thought combined with the stain it kinda made a nice light pink. Try it in store and have a little play :-D Also I'll be doing a fotd tomorrow so maybe that'll help you decide. I really want both bp's to be honest :-D

I'd get it if I were you but have a play first :-D

April 15, 2009 at 9:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

Yay! hehe finally a collection we are both loving :-D It's really a romantic collection all the pinks and soft lilacs..drool! loves it!

come back tell me what you haul girlie!

April 15, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi blair!


absolutely ;-D Swatches are coming shortly!

April 15, 2009 at 9:41 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kirsty!

They are sooo lovely :-D They are stains :-D They are gel like and stain lips for a just bitten look :-D If you're feeling daring you can prob get away with using them on cheeks too!

omg congrats! You're no longer a mac virgin lol!


yayaya :) I feel so special converting you! :-D MAC is such a terrible addiction hehehe!

Enjoy your goodies hun!

April 15, 2009 at 9:43 AM  
Anonymous gio said...

I'm really looking forward to this collection, the colors look gorgeous! And the beauty powders are so pretty! Thanks for the review.

April 15, 2009 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous starberry28 said...

ooh..love that stain!! it's purrty! You know what..come to think of it, the Summer Rose did have a slight film over it from all the oily fingers I bet! yeeech. I'll hafta go check it out again:) Thanks for the tip

April 15, 2009 at 2:20 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi gio!

My pleasure hun! Def worth checking it. Really pretty and flirty for Spring!

April 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi starberry!

I'm a stainaholic :-D hehe My pleasure hun! I hope it works out for you. It's really a nice shade. FOTD tomorrow so you can see it on my cheeks!

April 15, 2009 at 3:12 PM  
Blogger Mollie said...

This is late but I want Virgin Kiss- do you think there's still a chance I may be able to get it through MAC? Or is there perhaps a dupe of it that's already around? I love it when MAC comes out with collections but I hate it when there are shades I like and they get discontinued... sadface.

June 24, 2009 at 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home