Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 13, 2009

MAC Line Filler Base Review


Everything about MAC Line Filler Base is awesome....everything but it's size.

Read ahead for my rave and maybe a minor rant or too. A review isn't a review without a slight rant or two from a Muse.

Released with MAC Colour Ready, MAC Line Filler Base is probably thee most awesome base I've come across in a very, very long time. I've tried MAC Prep & Prime before and expected miracles of the product and got none but MAC Line Filler is exactly what I wanted and expected from Prep & Prime plus a little bit more!


Although it described as a pre-makeup primer for softening and relaxing lines and wrinkles the Muse likes to think of it as awesome in a tube. Now I have no lines nor wrinkles to speak of aside from a small minor ones under my eyes so technically speaking some rep or another would probably say I don't even need MAC Line Filler Base but I beg and plead to differ. It's an ideal prep for my under eyes, makes my concealer last forever and two days later, allows my foundation to remain fresh, and just works as a beautiful treat for my face. I love you MAC Line Filler, wanna go steady?




The formula is a thick cream which personally I think will be ideal for anyone pore ridden. I can't speak for pores but damn does it fill in minor lines under my eyes like a snap plus it allows my concealer to blend beautifully and stay. I decided to use it all over my face this morning, hey might as well get my $19.50 USD worth, and it works great at prepping my skin and allowing my foundation to stay in place a few hours longer. Although you probably aren't going to want to use it daily on your face unless you have serious pores since it comes in a tiny tube and costs $20 bucks!


Which brings me to my beef....can't we get this stuff in the economy size? It comes in a 05oz tube (15ML for you Brits) which isn't nearly enough for this Muse. I needs more please, k thanks.

Aside from it's minor size it packs a mighty punch and does an amazing job at filling up anything you're needing to fill, particularly lines of course but I def rec it for trying out on large pores, skin imperfections, and scary fine under eye lines.

Super stuff, comes with my highest Muse Approval for purchase. Try it, pinky swear you'll love it and rant later about it's tiny size!



Have you tried MAC Line Filler yet?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Tell the Muse!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to try this...I'm always looking for a good line filler.

April 13, 2009 at 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Quarter-ton couple said...

Hi Muse! I am so tempted to try this! Can we see a shot of the cream applied to your hand or somewhere so we can see the line smoothing effect?
Thanks!!

April 14, 2009 at 1:03 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey livemusicjunkie!

It's really good stuff :-D def give it a whirl!

April 14, 2009 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi quarter!

I'll try to get a shot uploaded :-D I tried with the palm of my hand but it didn't particularly work great :P

but I'll see about trying with my eye!

April 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I knew I should have bought this!!! This will be put on my wish list. =

April 14, 2009 at 2:04 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

tammy girl you needs it

awesome stuff :-D

April 14, 2009 at 4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey doll, just bought this yesterday and came online now to check for reviews. I loveit! and you review took the words right out my mouth!
You just gave me more confidence to use it :)

April 23, 2009 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi sassy!

YAYAYAYAYAYA I'm so glad!

Enjoy :-D

April 27, 2009 at 1:58 PM  
Anonymous Lydia Butler said...

I've been informed you're meant to use it over your foundation and under any other make up, but when I try it's just ugly, changes the color of my foundation and makes everything crack. If you use it over your entire face, does it affect your foundation at all?

April 30, 2009 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lydia

although instructions say post foundation I didn't attempt it. MAC shouldn't give directions for post. I've never used a primer post and I'm unsure why they think it's a good idea to rec it as such since any foundation or moisturizer used post foundation would cause a terrible mess. I've used it on a fresh, clean, bare face prior any makeup application ad it works quite well although I felt that it worked best under my eyes. I didn't notice much difference in the wear of my foundation after using it under. As in it didn't make my foundation last longer. In regards to lines on my face I have none as of yet so can't speak for those.

But def avoid using it after foundation is applied....I think it's best as an undereye filler but unsure about face-wise.

Hope this helps.

April 30, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home