Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Apr 9, 2009

Hauled It: Essence of Beauty Brushes

I had to go to CVS yesterday to hunt and peck through scary drugstore makeup to locate the Maybelline foundation I was babbling about yesterday. On my quest I couldn't resist plopping some more Essence of Beauty Brushes in my cart.


Jump ahead for haulage pics!

I don't normally like cheap brushes but I must say that these always impress. I ended up picking up the travel size kit and a two brush shadow duo set. I think both sets cost me $15 USD or so? Not too bad a price for seven brushes total. Hi cheap brushes the Muse likey you very much.












Although I wasn't as pleased with the travel set as I was with the shadow duo set. The brushes seemed a bit more dense and harder than the normal Essence brushes I've picked up but none the less they were good aside from that. If you're looking for some inexpensive, budget friendly brushes I'd totally recommend these as they are the best I've personally come across. I'm a MAC brush girl all the way but I can't deny that the next best thing if I'm looking to save a buck or two would be snagging yourself some of these bad boys.

Check your local CVS for the selection.

Loves 'em and even slapping a Muse Approval on 'em for purchase!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Andreea said...

Ohhh..those look like some mighty fine brushes.
My best friend is obssessed with makeup brushes, specially the ones from MAC.
She doesn't really use them...but she has to have them:D
I totally understand her..:)

April 9, 2009 at 7:23 PM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I love these! I hauled a load of E.O.B. brushes when I was in the states a few years ago and was really impressed with the quality and value. They didn't last long... because I ended up giving them away to a friend who was applying make-up with Q-tips! They're a great starter kit for people starting out with make-up brushes. Bonus points for the nice design and feel of the handles which look like Bobbi Brown brushes.

April 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi andreea!

lol so am I :-D I'm the same way as your friend....hehehe!

April 13, 2009 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

couldn't agree more Bora

very bobbi like plus a great starter kit for anyone who isn't makeup suavy quite yet :-D

Loves 'em! and the cheap price too!

April 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home