Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Mar 5, 2009

Beauty Blast from the Past: Dior Girly Blossom Palette


Wanna take a trip with me into Dior's past? Let's go visit with the Dior Girly Blossom Palette release a few Summer's ago when Dior was still sporting uber sweet packaging and plenty of shimmering, fun shades.


Hopefully you all remember when Dior makeup wasn't mature, sophisticated, and elegant. Granted it's always been those things but it also used to be fun, girlish, kawaii, and sweet. I have a huge stash of old Dior palettes that I've collected over the year's one of which reminds me how fun Dior used to be is the Dior Girly Blossom Palette.

Remember this palette?




It contained a gorgeous shimmering peach blush and two fun shades of gloss all housed in a blossom palette with a garter makeup brush holder and two pink retractable brushes for face and cheeks.








Ahhh those were the days.

I haven't seen anything fun from Dior in a very long time. A majority of their current collections are very mature and sosphiscated actually so much so that they fail to capture my interest as quickly as they once did.

I miss the old days.

Blast me to Dior's beauty past any day of the week! I'd love to relive some of those great palette days!

What do you think?

Remain with the Muse in Dior's past?

Embrace Dior's present and future?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think Dior is doing like jewerly mixed with makeup now and I don't like it. Their prices are too much and if I want pretty things I go to the Korean or Japanese brands. My last Dior thing was the Sunset Cafe palette of 5 neutrals.

March 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

every LE item they release nowadays becomes less and less affordable.

i loved the heart pendant...that was gorgeous!

March 6, 2009 at 12:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi wanderer

that and more mature sophisticated palettes which I'm not a big fan of.

I do the same as I can get plenty of sweet items from both Korea and Japan for heaps less :-)

My last dior purchase was last spring's collection as I adored that...I just miss the girlish things they used to put out.

March 6, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lyn!

I know :( The heart pendant was nice but I was never really into the jewelry aspect of the line mostly I loved the older palettes like this one ;-D

March 6, 2009 at 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree, I think their attempt to make it look more mature just made everything more UGLY and less appealing. Girls are all about cute packaging :D and I guess they just dont understand that anymore.

But I did buy the harmonie de blush because of your reccomendation I was hesitant to buy it because I hate the compact but once I saw it on I couldnt resist!
But on looks and superficiality alone it would have been a no go
<3jackie

June 2, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home