Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 28, 2009

Pieces of Life: The Hello Kitty Edition


Damn, that bloody kitty! She's popping up everywhere lately isn't she? I'm speaking of Miss Hello Kitty of course!

With the introduction of the MAC Hello Kitty Collection the entire world is being reintroduced to every one's favorite cat again! The Muse loves the fact that everyone is embracing Hello Kitty and loving all over her.

Actually since we are all feeling the love for Miss Kitty this Spring how about banking with HK herself?

Jump ahead for the deets!

If you happen to have an account with Bank of America you can sign up for their new program called My Expressions Banking.

My Expressions Banking is simply a gimmicky deal that allows you to embrace the unique side of your personality while banking. Who the hell knows why banks deem it necessary to make your banking more personal with debit cards that feature cats, dogs, and any other array of items that suit your personality! But hey I am so NOT complaining as I am loving the My Expressions Banking Hello Kitty Edition.




Basically the program simply works by taking your old ugly blue and silver debit card and replacing it with a pink and white Hello Kitty debit card! Oh my god the cuteness may make me hurl! But not only does your debit card change you'll also get checks featuring Hello Kitty and your monthly paper statement (if you get one in the mail) will be printed on Hello Kitty stationary! How awesome is that?

Sincerely, can I embrace my inner 6 year old kid with these options? I love that my bank card sports Hello Kitty! For the Muse it's the equivalent of a black American Express Card.

I actually don't get monthly paper statements as I do my banking online but I was too curious to see these Hello Kitty statements so I switched back to paper for a month and was oddly delighted to see Miss Kitty making an appearance on my banking statement...lord things can't get any cuter!

If you're a Bank of America customer you can call up and have your current debit card switched over to My Expressions Banking right now. Believe me if you're an HK fan you're so gonna wanna do this. And hey if Bank of America tanks at least you'll have a cute debit card that's virtually useless! Yay!

Click to make the switch from blah banking to Hello Kittified banking!

related posts

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the cutest thing!!! Too bad i'm canadian!

February 28, 2009 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger ♥ Ms. Kendall ♥ said...

Dang, I gotta switch banks now!!! I have Hello Kitty checks but seriously who writes checks that often? It's all about the debit card. I need that in my life.
XoXo

February 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Have you seen the Hello Kitty Tokidoki bags? Me want so bad!!

February 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nearly squealed in the bank when I saw the Hello Kitty debit card. I opened a BoA account when Wamu was getting bought out/in the midst of failure, right when My Expression started.

When I went to buy my Hello Kitty MAC Collection, the SA saw it and commented that I must love the kitty. Well, I do. How can I deny the miss?

February 28, 2009 at 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God, no offense but why the hell would anyone allow a bank that has Hello Kitty cards to manage their money? Is this a new ploy to get younger(!) girls to invest their money in banks?

I lol'd at 'embrace the unique side of your personality while banking', the unique side of your personality that is so common that they're mass producing a credit card with it stamped onto the front. Banks come up with the lamest advertising gimmicks...

February 28, 2009 at 9:19 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I'm now thinking of getting one of these cards! Gah! It would be soooo cute!

February 28, 2009 at 9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That black Hello Kitty visa card would certainly matches all those MAC HK stuff... XD

March 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have had the Hello Kitty debit card for about a year know. I love it. I get compliments on it all the time.

March 1, 2009 at 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually they've had hello kitty cards for awhile...I've had mine since last year. Its totally cute handing it to cashiers. They love it!

March 1, 2009 at 9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the Hello Kitty checks. Believe it or not, it makes me a bit happy to pay my bills when I'm writing on them, lol. I want to get the debit card as well but I might get that when the old one expires.

March 1, 2009 at 11:22 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

Isn't it!? Aw shoot! Maybe they'll pop up with something similar your side soon :-D

March 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kendall!

LOL :-D I know I don't use the checks but damn they are cute as sin LOL :-D

and the debit is too sweet!

Hugs!

March 2, 2009 at 11:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi claire!

YES YES YES! me too! Have you seen the kicks? Not HK but standard tokidoki design! I got a pair last year :-D too cutes!

March 2, 2009 at 11:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi gloria!

LOL I totally squeal too!

Hehe I purchased some of HK with it as well and my MUA was hyped about it and wanted to change banks to get one ;-D hehe!

March 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi youdee.

I actually use this bank. It's just a fun option they have available. You can have the regular debit card or customize it with Hello Kitty or a picture of your family etc...
I'm not really a young girl but I love it :)

Oh well to each her own!

March 2, 2009 at 11:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

hehe sweet right?!

March 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi xisa!

LOL true!

March 2, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

Awesome! I've only had it a few months now..but I get tons of comments about it too hehe!

March 2, 2009 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Kamama!

I've only had it since September or October :-D

I get alot of cashiers commenting on it too hehe!

March 2, 2009 at 11:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi novemberbaby!

LOL well that means they are AWESOME! Anything that makes a person happy giving away money should be considered fantastic lol!

def get the debit it's too cutes :-D

March 2, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home