Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 11, 2009

Etude House VIP Girl

Etude House has updated it's Korean portal (yes, there happens to be an Etude House US Portal too now!) with a brand new color story entitled Etude House VIP Girl.


I was just discussing with you yesterday how Sephora has opted for an interesting neon look this year and here we have Etude House doing pretty much the same with bold, bright colors that are sure to get fans in a colorful mood for Spring!

I can honestly say that nothing truly calls to me with this particularly collection. I took note that this is a rather interesting collection for Etude House as normally I associate the line with "sweet" and "kawaii" however this is a bit more...I dunno....wild for lack of a better word.

As with all Etude House campaigns this includes color selections for a sweet or a bold look or in this case a "Hot Girl Style" or a "You Say Pink Style". I think it's safe to say that the "You Say Pink Style" is the more subdued look of the two.


The collection places heavy emphasis on the new lipstick shades which are all quite loud and outrageous. Hmmm how very un-Etude House like! Four new shades are available of the lipstick.


Also available is a lipstick base quite which is like what I had purchased last year with the Etude House Peach Spring Collection. This is used to mute out lips and intensify the color of your lipstick.


A liquid eyeliner is also up for grabs. Interesting as I believe this is my first time seeing a liquid liner available from Etude House.


Two new shades of gloss in "VIP" packaging are also released.


Four shades of eyeshadow which have captured my attention. These appear to have a base shadow and a liner shade smack in the center. The colors are somewhat boring but I like the looks of them regardless.


A new mascara is also being released which is something I can safely skip as I've never had much love for Etude House mascaras anyway.


And finally 5 shades of a new nail varnish! I'm not much of a nail girl but my friend Michelle is so I'll be picking these up as a little gift for her as I screwed up an order of nail polishes from Japan on her a few months ago and these would really have her hyped I think plus I think she'd adore blogging them or at least I hope she would.


All in all the collection looks quite nice but I'm not feeling any great love for it...I honestly wish they'd have released some sort of new primer or a more fresher, sweeter look for Spring like last year's release. This is quite fitting with the theme of things at the moment but I'm just more for a lighter, fresher look for Spring.

I thought it was quite interesting that the mascara was priced at 9,500 KRM at the moment....is it me or is that a bit of a price jack? Will have to do my homework but I thought the mascara was cheaper. On a side note Won is converting ridiculously awesome to USD at the moment so do take full advantage if you have friends, family, or easy access to Korean cosmetics, skincare, etc....

What do you think?

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woah, youre right. it is very un etude like.
lol random, but i only recently realized that i was pronouncing etude in the english way. didn't realize that it was e-tu-de. lol

anyway 9000 for the mascara is crazy...though i was more surprised that the polishes were 1000. are they mini sizes? hm will check it out~

February 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger serenity. said...

I definitely like this collection. Etude House is a great bargain brand. I only wish that Korean beauty stores in the U.S. would carry it! I can't wait until I go to Korea this summer. I'm gonna go slap happy inside Missha, The Face Shop, Etude and Skin Food. :)))

February 12, 2009 at 1:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi rasilla.

nice to see someone agrees :-D it's quite different for them...normally they go with the sweet stuff ;)

LOL yes I pronounce it in the English way as well!

They have to be mini size at that price...1,000? that's as good as free!!!!! hehe!

9,000 won for the mascara had mt wondering what I paid for my last round of EH mascaras...I felt like it was cheaper...hmm!

Thanks for the comment :)

February 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey serenity!

Absolutely ;) cheapest around! Korea cosmetics/skincare is so ridiculously cheap! Wish we had it hear...take me with you...I wanna go to Korea ;)

February 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM  
Blogger bk377 said...

I actually just did a short review of this myself last week:
http://www.borakwon.com/2009/02/since-coming-to-korea-ive-come-to-love.html

I liked the look of the pink packaging but the colours themselves weren't my thing at all. However I always give Etude House collections a few tests and I'm thinking about trying at least the eyeliner and an eyeshadow. The eyeliner is the same as the Dual Change eyeliner, as released in the Fall 08 line. However there is some debate on the Etude House website from customers as to whether the colour is the same. The shade is 02, whereas the previous version was 01. Some users report that the new 02 shade is a touch darker ("Very Black" vs "Black") but others disagree.

Overall I was disappointed though and it's definitely one of EH's weaker collections. I loved bought a lot from the summer Peach collection and fall collection from last year.

February 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi beauty bitc!

I emailed ya back hun!

I like the packaging too but honestly the colors, neon and such, not me :P

the liner does look good and maybe a shadow :)

Hmmm honestly I guess if you have the dual change you can skip it though as black is black right hehehehe!

I agree very weak indeed specially since the peach collection was amazing...was that Spring or Summer? I thought it was Spring!

I appeared in the Etude House Newsletter when I did my review on the peach makeup :-D hehe was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

February 13, 2009 at 4:18 PM  
Blogger Grace S Lee said...

I purchased an eyeliner from etude house but I don't know how to make the fluid come out any suggestions?

April 10, 2009 at 8:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi grace

I don't think you're supposed to make it come out. It flows into the felt tip by itself. No pushing or pressing required.

April 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahaha I was looking for a english site for skin food and other korean cosmetics... (english as in english speaking...)

and I have to disagree with you... the price is where it is at... its more expensive here in the states to purchase a korean cosmetic than it would be to purchase there... ><;; but then again there are the free samples they give you when you shop at their cosmetic stores.... :)


recently I just found out that beauty credit and the face shop opened here in LA (K-Town) I am looking forward to go and shop my heart out for its needs...

sadly... there are no Skin Food and Etude House...

sigh**** why does it take them forever to bring there companies over... why.... but lucky you... they usually open up these stores first in the UK :) when I visit the UK this summer I WILL BE SHOPPING THERE. however its been a while since I checked them out... any suggestions of the NEW IN things??? mmm I like to use the natural peach looking stuff for my eyes and for my blushes... and mascara well im sorry but I use (clinique) i know im sorry but my asian eye lashes are so short and clinique makes it look looong. I tried every of those other korean company mascara and it dosent work too well with mine...


p.s. the nail polishes are not that small :) they are about the size of your ring finger :) have fun shopping guys!

April 14, 2009 at 8:57 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi lilxfoureyes!

Glad you found me :-D

This particular collection from Etude House is considerably more expensive than what Etude House normally outs out. So yes I did think it was expensive compared to past releases.

And yes I know Korean cosmetics are very cheap in Korea :-D

Yay glad that Face Shop is in LA that's awesome might next trip I must get there!

At least EH now has a US site that's a good sign!

The new precious mineral collection is pretty great imho :-D

The nail polishes are pretty tiny compared to regular size polish bottles. I picked them up for a friend and thought they were adorably tiny :D

Thanks for the comment! Cheers!

April 17, 2009 at 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home