Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Feb 12, 2009

Dianne Brill Lip Gloss Review, Photos, Swatches, and FOTD

The Muse loves obscure, unique, and interesting brands! She always loves exploring cracks and corners where other makeup addicts fell to look and coming across exciting new items that she's never heard of! She's a beauty adventure on the path to fortune and glory. By the way I don't even know what that means but when Indiana Jones said it, it sounded important and stuff! Shrug!

Behold, new and exciting makeup!




On my quest for fortune and glory I located one of thee cutest brands ever. Girlish, unique, and pretty are just a few words to describe the Dianne Brill Cosmetic Collection!

If you're bored with the same old hum drum counter cosmetics take a voyage through fortune and glory and discover some seriously awesome finds from Dianne Brill Cosmetics. I've been busy playing around with some of her cosmetics lately and all I can say is that I'm extremely pleased so over the next few days you'll be hearing alot of my ravings about the brand and the items they offer.

When I first seen the Dianne Brill Lip Gloss I was left wondering was it a gloss or a chocolate bon bon? Housed in a peach box with a flip top lid this sweet gloss was begging to be used. Flipping open the lid of the box you'll be presented with a cute pot of gloss that lays on a cute pastry cup wrapper! Lift it out and you'll see that the pastry cup invites you to Slip It On! Indeed, the Muse was eager to slip it on at this point.






The packaging and presentation simply screams at my girlish side and I couldn't help but feel excitement at all that cute packaging. The gloss pot itself is a heavy plastic with a silver top and Dianne Brill's cute emblem on top. Packaged with a little lip brush you'll be busy getting your pout nice and glossy in seconds of opening the box!

I tried two of the twenty three shade selections and both were richly pigmented so lip stain or lipstick are completely optional before use. If you like your glosses slippery smooth with plenty of stick and tack this be for you. The gloss lasts all day as the formula must be bullet proof or something of the sort. Aside from MAC Lipglass I haven't run across a gloss that had such a long wear time. The gloss is moisturizing, smooth, and creamy. It applies extremely well and stays put.

The shades I tried were Peekaboo Nightie and Feather Boa. Peekaboo Nightie is a rich dark pink with touches of golden shimmer where as Feather Boa is a Paler Pink, almost light peach in color, with multi-colored sparkles. The glosses had two separate flavors which leads me to wonder if every shade tastes different in the collection!? How fun if that's the case. Peekaboo Nightie is a sweet taste which I can't really put a name to and Feather Boa had more of a citrus taste to it. Both shades were very flattering on my lips but I was loving Peekaboo Nightie best as it gave me that really rich pink pout that I favor!



















The formula is loaded with 20% vitamins, antioxidants, and humectants for a healthy and gorgeous pout. The gloss manages to pout my lips up and make them look fuller which was a rather nice effect.

Between the variety, the great formula, and the sweet, girlish packaging I'm unsure what thrills me more about Dianne Brill Lip Gloss! These are totally a Muse Approved for purchase and I highly recommend trying at least one out. The Muse promises soon after you'll be hooked like her.



Truly an interesting and unique beauty find!

Thanks Dianne, the Muse hearts you.

You can find Dianne Brill Cosmetics at www.diannebrill.com

Purchase by visiting Beauty Habit

Have you tried the line before?

Loves it?

Wanting to try it after hearing my raves?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome. I've always wondered what Dianne Brill lipglosses were like. Been meaning to try some for years now. Now I definitely will.

BTW-- hi. I've missed you.

February 12, 2009 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I love the design on the package, cute girl with the stars.

The two shades you chose are freakin' awesome! I love the sparkles in the shades, especially Feather Boa.

Peekaboo Nightie is a great dark pink on you, but OMG the sparkle in Feather Boa is to die for.

OMFG though, I HATE their website design.
And poo, the only store in FL is in Boca Raton, several hours away.

Peekaboo Nightie, Feather Boa, Mermaid Bustier, Bridal Garter, and Padded Push Up are all super pretty to me.

This is an awesome find. Now I must find an etailer :P

February 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've read several reviews of it on other sites but i am DYING to read the Muse take on these! then i will know for sure.
they're a bit out of my range but they are firmly on my wishlist....the retro packaging is insanely pretty. YAY

February 13, 2009 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Angelique!

They are quite awesome :-D Aw thanks missed ya back how are you!?

February 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

I adore the retro girly packaging :-D too!

LOL I love that you're loving these DD :) they truly are awesome! Really?! Wasn't too bad...but I see what you mean about the site..maybe a product page for each item would be better!

I updated my post...you can purchase online at beauty habit :) they carry the entire line!

WAIT till you hear about the EDP! it's to die for!!!!!!!!!

February 13, 2009 at 9:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura :)

They are awesome :) The price is a tad bit high but you can get 6 of 'em for $47 by buying the "panties" in a bunch coffret...that's not half bad ;)
I simply adore the packaging!!!!!!

I have the EDP as well...and it's OUTSTANDING!

I can't wait to review it here!

February 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger contests and such said...

I love that Indiana Jones shirt! I have bought 2 recently from Blockbuster b/c they were $5. I didn't see a cool one like this though.
Love the colors, they look great on you. I am looking for a gloss that stays on all day and this seems like it would be a winner!
Where did you get them? How much were they?

February 13, 2009 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nessa!

I got one as well lol! I got it at Disney it's pink and glittery...hey fortune and glory has to shimmer right? LOL

Jeez this stuff is bulletproof...even after two cups of tea it was hanging on!

Sorry I just updated my post...you can purchase at Beauty Habit they are $27 each I believe but you can get a set of six in a coffret (looks like a little box of chocolate bon bons) for $47...<---that's a steal!

February 13, 2009 at 9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my... i love the look of feather boa!!! its sooooo shimmery n shiny!!!

February 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe everyone seems to be adoring feather boa fridagal ;)

Now that I look at it, it really is shimmery ;)

February 13, 2009 at 1:39 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

OMG I about died when I saw the price, Izzy!

*faints*

Still... so cute, gah!

February 13, 2009 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL!!!!! it's a bit costly but the 6 pack is really nice imho as it breaks it down to 8 bucks a gloss!

February 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger DaisyChain said...

Wow, holy crap this look amazing

February 15, 2009 at 5:39 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey girl :)

aren't they cute?

You need some tempt, tempt, tempt :-D

February 17, 2009 at 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohh yeah, Dianne Brill stuff come in a really adorable packaging! I'm such a sucker for nice packaging, btw, hehe...

The lip gloss looks gorgeous and the packaging aswell! Thank you for the detailed review!

I haven't any cosmetics from DB, apart from a newly gained brush. :)

March 23, 2009 at 1:45 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jess!

Me too! hehe! Part of the responsibility of being a girl we must love cute packaging :)

My pleasure hun! Glad you enjoyed the review.
Ooo how's the brush? Haven't tried her brushes as of yet!

March 23, 2009 at 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home