Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 15, 2009

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Lipstick Review, Swatches, Photos, and FOTD

The Muse was thinking about it and she decided that she might contact the great Glen Campbell to revise "Like a Rhinestone Cowboy" temporarily to "Like a Midnight Cowboy..."

Has a nice ring to it dontcha think?


The Muse is celebrating the release of the newest color added to the Urban Decay Lipstick lineup by singing all about "Midnight Cowboys" today!



Fun fact: Did you know the first shimmery shade of gold shadow that the Muse ever purchased was Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy?

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy remains a tried and true favorite for the Muse for over 10 years so you can imagine her excitement when she heard that Urban Decay was releasing a shade of it in lipstick form with it Spring Collection.

I had my worries about the leap of Midnight Cowboy from eye shadow formula to lipstick. The shade is a cross between champagne and gold with heavy duty shimmer so the idea of wearing such a shade on my lips had me slightly worried how it would work out. Now I do think that the lipstick color is actually a good deal more beige when compared to the shadow which again had me worried because I don't do nudes too well at all. Normally nude shades of lipstick make my full face even fuller so I avoid them at all costs. But bless be! Urban Decay Lipstick in Midnight Cowboy works out beautifully on the Muse!




I think part of the reason that the color works out so well for me is partially due to the fact that the lipstick formula has a moisturizing base and a beautiful glossy finish. Upon application it almost feels like I'm applying gloss as the lipstick simply glides on and has a wonderful buttery texture. The color isn't as pigmented as other shades in the collection but it manages to give a nice champagne nude finish with a hint of golden shimmer.


The awesome packaging of the product goes without saying I'm sure but if you'd like to hear the Muse rave on and on about it do check out her full review of Urban Decay Lipsticks.

Sportin' Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Lipstick

Although Urban Decay Lipstick Midnight Cowboy is probably more suitable for Summer due to it's warm base the Muse still thinks it's a rather nice shade to release in the Spring to pair with a golden eye look! It's truly stunning on the lips, has a wonderful glossy formula, beautiful packaging, and of course bears the Urban Decay brand name (that along should make you want it).

All in all I really enjoyed Urban Decay Lipstick in Midnight Cowboy and I highly recommend snagging one as it's Muse Approved for purchase! This Muse loves it.



"Like a Midnight Cowboy................"

Is it on your Spring Collection wish list?

Already got it?

Tell the Muse!

Grab 'em at www.urbandecay.com

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger delete this said...

Looks lovely on you! What are you wearing on your eyes btw?

January 15, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger jackieg02 said...

I'm iffy about a nude lipstick...I haven't found one that I love yet. I think I will always wear pink shades. I'll have to check this one out!

January 15, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey j!

Thanks hun! That would be urban decay cream shadow in whippy :)

review coming shortly :)

January 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jackie!

me too! I hate nudes but I think the glossy formula makes it very wearable :) also a bit of pink stain underneath really makes it nice as well :)

Well worth it!

January 15, 2009 at 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want it! I want it! I want it! :D I do like nude colours, though I tend to stick more with glosses than lipsticks. Until UD brought out their new lippies I was a serious lipstick-a-phobe. So this is mega exctiting. Thanks for the review! :D

It's a great colour on you. :)

January 15, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey bev!

hehe :) I think the formula is so lovely that you can't go wrong :) it's glossy, shiny, and almost gloss like! perfect for those who hate heavy lipsticks :)

my pleasure glad you enjoyed the review!

and thanks :)

January 15, 2009 at 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you'd mention Glenn Campbell, but not Jon Voigt or Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy!

January 15, 2009 at 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you can totally pull off the nude lips, if not from other lip products, at least from this one :D Very lovely and polished, you should sport it more often. I can´t wear nude, or else my already sickly pale face would look more sickly...pale XDD

January 15, 2009 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Its great on you! The colour is just as nice as the eyeshadow! Are you sporting Midnight Cowboy eyeshadow in your FOTD too??

January 15, 2009 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want, I need, I have to have this!!!!!!
I suits you sooo well, I think you look very good in soft shimmery colors.

January 16, 2009 at 4:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol I didn't want to get racy with mentions of Dustin and Jon :)


Glen campbell is by far the easier reference for people to associate cowboys with ;) either that or Paula cole lol

January 16, 2009 at 1:35 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello xisa!

you're lovely for saying so, thank you :) Awwww I feel the same about nudes on me and also feel like it makes my chubby face look worst :P yak!


Thanks for the lovely compliment hugs!

January 16, 2009 at 1:36 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey serene!

Thanks hun!!!!!! It's a new cream shadow from the UD line :) review coming soon!

January 16, 2009 at 1:37 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi nell!

LOL! I hear ya!

thank you so much hun *hugs*

January 16, 2009 at 1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could've played some Harry Nilson, or even that Futurama montage with Zap Brannigan and Kif Kroker wandering the streets jobless, accompanied by 'Everybody's Talking'.

January 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

Hi muse! When I saw the photo in the tube I was like uhhh no thanks! but when I saw it swatched it looked totally diff! and on your lips it looks like the perfect nude!

January 16, 2009 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

you know like glen and is lapels?

January 19, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning sher!

I said the same thing but I had to try it as MC is my fav eyeshadow :) and it's completely lovely on!!!!!! ;)

It's quite nice..plenty of beige too to break up that oh so nude feeling :)

January 19, 2009 at 9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home