Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 14, 2009

Korres Body Butter in Quince Review

The Muse feels rather badly that it's taken her so long to discover the awesomeness that is Korres Natural Products. Well, Hello Wonderful! I recently fell in love with the Korres Sugar Plums Gift Set released for Holiday 2008 and soon after a mass amount of e-mail flooded into my inbox telling me I had to try this by Korres, I had to try that, and Muse please review the foundation, review the body cream, review the eye cream, etc...etc...

After ALL the recommendations I got I was feeling a bit curious....had the Muse missed out on an important brand?

Obviously she had.

But what's this?


Korres Body Butter!

Oooo....

The Korres Sugar Plums Gift Set was my first venture into the brand and honestly I wasn't expecting much and was shocked at the amazing quality of each item in the kit. I think I take for granted the fact that aside from Lush, many "natural" brands aren't exactly the best formulas around. Do you experience that too? Anything and everything has jumped on board the organic, natural, paraben free bandwagon lately. Honestly, it's great but I think many of the products I've tried haven't been all that and a bag of chips.

Until now.

I was absolutely delighted with the quality of makeup that Korres had available and it struck me that I really needed to dive in further and explore the brand more fully especially considering many of you really wanted to hear reviews about the various products.

Today I'll be reviewing Korres Body Butter in Quince and allow your Muse to tell you how amazing it smells, how simply amazing. At this moment I wish you could lean in and scratch and sniff your monitor because I really don't think I can put into words how heavenly this smells! As per the package description it's fruity and spicy! The scent starts off with a base note of floral, a middle, heavier note of fruit....almost like a crunchy, sweet pear, and finishes with a tiny bit of spice like that of a carnation. I just can't even begin to describe how amazing it smells! I wish they had a perfume in the same scent, I'd be on it like white on rice.






This is a body butter and the formula is extra moisturizing for drier skin types so indeed it makes just about the perfect skin care item for the cold, harsh weather at the moment. Personally I just like slathering it all over my hands and arms so I can sniff myself every five minutes and sigh in delight. The formula is slightly greasy but it absorbs very well while giving skin a nice dose of moisture. The greasiness goes away quickly enough and leaves behind a nice soft, silky finish. My elbows and knees are happily soft at the moment thanks to this. The lotion comes in a rather fabulous upside pump which easily distributes a small or large amount of cream depending on what you need.




All in all Korres Body Butter in Quince is fabulous, truly a great product and well worth it's inexpensive $21 USD price tag. The Muse gives Korres Body Butter her highest Muse Approval for purchase. This one is a keeper!



Loves it.
Alot.

Snag some more info about Korres by visiting them at www.korres.com and purchase the complete line up of products from Sephora

related posts

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Hooked On Beauty said...

Love Korres!

I haven't been by for the new site- it looks great!
When I switched mine over, my links all fell off and I had to remember what was on there, you were missing until just now. Sorry about that!

Love following your tweets too!

Carissa

January 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Shefali said...

Hey Muse!! You've finally discovered the goodness that is Korres!! I'm so obsessed with this brand. I can't wait to hear what you think of their other products. You'll go ga-ga, I'm sure!!

January 15, 2009 at 12:50 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi carissa :)

thanks hun! awwww sniff I'm glad you found me again :) Thanks for following me on twitter ;)

Hope we talk there soon!

Welcome back!

January 15, 2009 at 1:09 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Shefali

omg it's awesome!!!!!! simply awesome :) did you try this cream? Does it smell freaking amazing or am I insane?

what else should I try do share :)

January 15, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home