Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 8, 2009

Spring Collection 2009: Laneige Art Play

It's probably terrible of me to reveal that I was relieved that the Laneige Spring Collection Art Play holds little appeal for me. My Spring Collection list is getting huge and I knew that Laneige would introduce some awesome collection that I'd want to add to my list but upon seeing the promo images I experienced utter relief that I could cross one thing off my list at the least.


Jump ahead to read more about Laneige Art Play....

Might I say the art work they choose for the above promo image is so strangely festive, I'm tuned in to the right channel here right? This is Spring Collections 2009 correct? Not Holiday '08? Laneige is legendary for including it's signature snowflake theme on everything but I just get a Christmas vibe with that image.

Secondly, I must have not been awake this morning because when I seen the model on the left hand side of the promo image I thought it was Lee Da Hae...is it me or does it look like her a tiny bit? Can't see the resemblance? The Muse highly recommends trying it through sleep deprived eyes and you'll see it! Maybe it's because I used to have a great love affair with Le Da Hae prior to seeing Sweet 18. Anyway..........


The line up includes four total palettes coined in the usual "Secret of the Snow Crystal" Collection name. Do you heart Laneige in a major way for that name? "The Secret of the Snow Crystal..." cue the dramatic music....



Two of the palettes are a quad of eye shadows and the other two are lip palettes which include six shades.



The palettes look very nice but just not for me. For one I'm not interested at all in the strange design displayed on the emblem. I'd imagine I'd be all over these if the packaging was nice but sadly I'm just not into it at all and secondly the color combos aren't appealing in the least as they look very washed up.

Although I do not have prices on anything as of yet I can guest-timate that they will probably range in the $20-$25 range as most Laneige color palettes are around that price. From what I've seen and heard Singapore has Laneige for even cheaper in some cases than Korea.

All in all I'm actually quite relieved that I can finally cut something off my Spring list as it was getting rather long and outrageous!

What do you think of Laneige Art Play?

Want it?

Skip it?

Tell the Muse!

Source

related posts

Labels: , , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Anitacska said...

Phew! I'm quite relieved these palettes aren't as pretty as the holiday ones, as I am totally in love with those and still trying to find some reasonably priced ones on ebay. (I got the illuminating powder with the little pastel colour snowflakes for about $16 which is great, but the e/s palettes cost more, so I'm still hesitating.) So I'm happy I won't have to chase even more things unavailable in the UK. ;)

January 8, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too!!!!!!! I was so worried that they'd release eye palettes and powders that I would absolutely have to have. I can safely skip these..totally unappealing!

that's a good deal on the powder...I paid more. Have you tried MUA? ask a Korean MUA'er? maybe they can cp ;)

I'm very very relieved though as these aren't as pretty as what they normally release for Spring

January 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger Inge said...

I love the artwork. So interesting.

The colors do nothing for me though, so I guess i'll pass this time.

January 8, 2009 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger shynygal said...

Hey Muse! Um I think I'll pass they're just not appealing. I agree the colors look washed out. I don't know I can't see the Lee Da Hae resemblance. Sorry! Speaking of K-dramas are you watching Boys Over Flowers? I like it so far despite a few flaws... And the boys are so cute especially Kim Hyun Joong

January 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

really pixie?

I wasn't feeling it too much this year. Washed up big time on the colors though :(

January 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi shynygal!

Very washed up isn't it? I'm glad I can skip it. I swear this morning, through blurry eyes, I was like hey that's Le Da Hae!!!!! hehe I guess I was tired :)

No not yet. Don't think we have it on DVD as of yet plus if it is it's prob expensive. I read part of the manga series a hile ago. hey cute boys is cool by me! hehe! Kim Hyun Joong is dreamy...he has such big beautiful eyes!

At the moment I'm drying to get through I really, really Love you but my copy came from M'sia and the subtitles scroll back so fast that it's taking me ages to watch lol!

January 8, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm actually kind of frightened and alarmed by the artwork! Seriously, not really, but aren't they kind of odd in a "Nightmare Before Christmas" type way? Gives me they heebie jeebies. And I'll agree with you on the makeup selection. Blah, nothing special.

January 8, 2009 at 1:02 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi misspriss!

LOL yea it does kinda have that nightmare before xmas goth feel hehehehe!

Nothing special at all...bless relief another to tick tock off the list!

January 8, 2009 at 3:14 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

I used to love Laneige! but their recent releases really disappoint me :( Have you ever tried the brand Hera? it's owned by the same company as Laneige. I only have a few Hera items but I really like them and I'm thinking about getting more! :)

January 8, 2009 at 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i actually kinda like it. the looks and colors are the kinds that appeal to me. maybe its just the asian in me lol~

January 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hello irene!

Aww :( sorry to hear. Yes. I have one lipgloss from them that I like. I never really tried further b/c the packaging is a bit mature and I love cute :)

January 9, 2009 at 7:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jessica!

I dunno..the shades are iffy for me :)

hehe what about the asian in me!? :)

January 9, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Muse!

The colors in this collection and the packaging seems off. Doesn't appear to be cohesive to me (to quote Tim Gunn). They should "make it work". haha.

Anyway, I still heart Laniege's Spring 08 collection. They released a really sweet pink palette that I have been using as THE eye shadow to rely on when I want guys to fall in love with me because the look created by that palette is just so romantic :)

January 9, 2009 at 10:46 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

yeah, the packaging is a little mature yet so elegant *__* I'm such a sucker for packaging.. whether it be cute or elegant haha :P

January 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi laura!

yup yup! Totally! LOL

are you talking about the one with the 8 shadows?

LOL too cute :) I need an eyeshadow that will make guys want to fall in love with me ;)

hehe!

January 9, 2009 at 11:00 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehehe irene me too!

It could be completely craptastic as a product but if the packaging is cute I'm all over it lmao!

January 9, 2009 at 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i'm alone here but I LOVE the artwork and if the shadows were even half decent colours I'd be all over them but sadly they are blah :( x

January 11, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi chica

maybe the packaging fails to appeal since the shadows are meh for me?

I dunno...I can't get into it :P

January 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home