Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 7, 2009

Benefit Coralista Review, Swatches, and FOTD


We have another winner from Benefit folks! Benefit Coralista is an absolute gem of a powder and I'm absolutely thrilled to bits with it. I'm quite chuffed with the steady outcome of great products from Benefit lately and truly the newest powder added to their collection is simply brilliant!






It deserves to be said that I simply adore every single powder that Benefit has put out thus far however they have really stepped it up several notches with Benefit Coralista. I'm not even sure this can qualify to be part of the same category as previous releases since Benefit powders all have one trait in common which is how sheer each is where as Coralista is full of popping, pigmented color! Simply amazing!





I'm duly impressed with the pigmentation of Benefit Coralista and I'm sure many people will be quite pleased at the intensity of the product and gorgeous finish it leaves on your cheeks. The powder is silky, has a very slight frost to it, and applies like an absolute dream. It can be built up for a soft flush of color or stroked full on for sizzzzzzzzzzling color pay off!




Now I've heard, read, and seen a million people in a million different places such as MUA and makeup forums comparing Benefit Coralista to NARS Orgasm and NARS Super Orgasm. I'd like to clarify that Benefit Coralista, for this Muse, is a completely different product when compared to those two blushes. Although I absolutely love the Orgasm series from NARS I must admit that Benefit Coralista actually topped the color by creating a really popping shade that's a cocktail of coral, peach, and orange. I think that both Orgasms apply softer where as Coralista applies with more of a pop of color. Gorgeous.

With Flash

Without Flash


I can't begin to express my excitement over how good the product is and what an amazing job they did with it's creation. The cocktail of colors added such gorgeous color to my cheeks and I couldn't help but think how great it would look on it's own or with a completely made up face and how wonderful it'll work for Spring, Summer, and Fall. The color adds such warmth to my face and makes me glow. The powder is pigmented enough to work on any and all skin tones. It'll be flattering if you're pale, beautiful if you're medium, and simply stunning if your darker!

I've collected many peach, coral, and orange blushes over the course of several years and I have to say that this is probably one of thee most unique and compares to nothing else in my stash.

One of the novel things about Benefit Coralista lays in the fact that it actually carries the sweet,tropical scent of peaches with a tiny hint of floral. Too cute right? I was surprised after opening it to have the scent linger up to my nose to greet me!

I have one minor rant about the product which is the fact that the "Coralista" emblem is a sticker. Eep! You know how much the Muse ranted and raved about the stickers on the Fafi for MAC packaging! The sticker is already peeling off a bit on the sides and it's driving me a tiny tad bit crazy since I'm so obssessive compulsive about makeup this bugs me silly.

Aside from this minor problem everything about Benefit Coralista is absolute perfection. I love, love how pigmented the powder is and in all honesty it qualifies as a blush at this point. I'm hoping that Benefit will embrace all this pigmentation and take this into consideration when introducing more of it's popular powders!

Who needs Benefit Coralista?

  • Those who LOVE a popping shade of gorgeous peach!
  • Anyone who wants a warm look that's suitable for Spring, Summer, Fall, and of course tropical weather!
  • Girls who want to minimize there makeup look by applying a blush that's so gorgeous no one will realize it's the only item you're wearing aside from some gloss and mascara!

If you're only going to buy one item this season or you're saving your cash at the moment and not wanting to splurge the Muse highly recommends, at the very least, indulge in this. All in all she's VERY pleased with Benefit Coralista and absolutely adores it! Total Muse Approval for this one! Great job Benefit! I likey!





related posts

Labels: , , , ,

43 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you use this as an allover powder if you have golden tan skin(Asian orgin) and you use a very light hand?

January 7, 2009 at 9:03 PM  
Blogger Ms. Katee/e-polishblog said...

Have you tried Chanel Fandango blush yet? That is my new favorite!

January 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Shefali said...

I just got mine today (ordered it online the minute I could!) and I am THOROUGHLY happy with it! OMG I love it and the color truly is AMAZING. This could seriously be my HG blush...it's that great. I fully agree with you about the soft scent of it too. When I first opened it, I smelled a hint and literally stuck my face in the box so I could get more, LOL. It's wonderful!!! It's love!

January 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Muse,

Do you mind going back to displaying your post directly in a page instead of linking it to another page? I feel that it is much reader friendly back then. Well anyway...love your blog lots and lots!

January 7, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Blogger cand said...

that color makes ur cheeks pop! i like it a lot more than the orgasms (haha sounds funny).

January 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM  
Blogger yl said...

wow thanks for the review. im definitely trying to cut down majorly on buying at the moment but this goes on my WL :) thank goodness this isnt LE so i can hopefully get it in feb (i have already busted my budget for jan and its only the first week)

January 8, 2009 at 12:31 AM  
Blogger Laura Kristine said...

OMG. I'm a sucker for peachy, corally goodness.

I was so angry last night when I went shopping because no one had anything I was looking for! The MAC Freestanding store didn't have BBR out... Barnes and Noble was sold out of the book I wanted to buy (Plum Spooky, love Janet Evanovich!)... and then I get to ol' reliable Macy's, where the Benefit counter is. Do they have Coralista out? NO! (Although the lady at the counter looked slightly surprised at my knowledge of said newness) Ugh. I would have bought two, too! (My sister steals anything remotely peachy out of my traincases anytime she's over...)

I think though, that this has crept above MAC BBR in my book of lemmings!

Thanks for the swatch pics! You look gorgeous with Coralista on!

January 8, 2009 at 1:58 AM  
Blogger birkinbagbeauty said...

That is true perfection! Thank you for your brilliant review. I cannot wait for my Coralista to arrive.

January 8, 2009 at 4:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omygosh. muse lon time no talk. i still visit your blog. its just that i don't have any times these days to post a comment. i am very sorry. but i still love your blog. no doubt aout that. ahaha. my cousin has this. i LOVE IT!! except she wont' let me use it TT

January 8, 2009 at 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a cool colour on you. so fresh. i need to keep this in mind. i have to go check it out when it reaches here. i hope i don't want it because i am sure i have aplenty of soft cool pink blushes... but...

January 8, 2009 at 4:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks really nice! I should check it out at the counters here.

January 8, 2009 at 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh me likey :) How does it compare to Thrrob? I was disappointed with the colour payoff of that one, it was more glitter than colour :/
I love Georgia though, so soft and pretteh! x x

January 8, 2009 at 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome. I have SOOO been waiting on your review on this one because I am SOOO going to go out and purchase this weekend. I just needed my Muse confirmation that it was indeed, an awesome product.

Yay!

January 8, 2009 at 7:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. hello amazing. how much did you pay? i'm not seeing it for less than $30...

January 8, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Ghoulina said...

This looks gorgeous! Definitely moved to "priority" status on my wishlist hehee! ^_^

January 8, 2009 at 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: That looks seriously awesome on you. Darn you for starting another lemming. I have blushes in numbers that embarrass me. I really shouldn't get another one...but considering that I'm medium in complexion , I have a feeling this will look great...Arrrghh!

January 8, 2009 at 10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kayvid: BTW, Did you haul anything from Dame Edna? I'm waiting to see swatches etc.

January 8, 2009 at 10:33 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

I don't think it would look so good....it's very orange/peachy...using it as an all over powder may make you look a tad bit scary.

Hope this helps!

January 8, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi katee!

not yet :) I want to get to a counter to check it out!

January 8, 2009 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Shefali!

Fab!!!!!! I'm so so pleased you love it as much as me :) Isn't it gorg?! It could be mine too! Amazing!
I love love the smell!

I hope they continue on this path and release more pigmented shades of the powders! Fab job on their part!

January 8, 2009 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous.

A few people already asked and I won't be going back to the old way. I can fit more posts on my first page this way and my blog looks cleaner and more put together with the read more option. I'll hope you grow to love it as much as I do. Many popular blogs embrace this style of blogging so I thought Musings needed to follow in those steps :)


Thanks so much for loving my blog :) I hope you'll get used to this new feature!

Hugs!

January 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi pham!

Thanks hun! LOL the orgasmessssss always makes me giggle :)

January 8, 2009 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi yl! You're most welcome :) I'm trying to scale back too. I'm glad it isn't either..they'd be nuts to make it LE it's awesome!

Hang tight YL a new month is almost here hun!

January 8, 2009 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elle!

ME TOO!!!! :)

oh my god bad hauling night for you babe :( Macys Benefit reps, I always find, are clueless. At least know it's coming out...but if I ask them for an item I know is coming out they just look like they haven't an idea what I am talking about. How you can work at a counter and not know your product is beyond me..how sad!

My sister was all about stealing this yesterday lol! She wanted it badly :)

This has totally made my Spring! It's gorg! You're most welcome for swatches, pics, it's my pleasure!
And thank you :) *blush*

January 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi birkinbagbeauty!

My pleasre hun :) I couldn't gush enough!

I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

January 8, 2009 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi minsun!

Missed ya :) Thanks for visiting hun :) It's ok if you're busy don't apologize :)

AAWWWWWWWW you need your own now hehe!

January 8, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

Oooo I think you'd look lovely in it! You must try it out when it pops up your end! I think you'll adore it!

January 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey serene!

def check it out it's gorg!

January 8, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi chica

hehehe me too! Thrrob was nice a and flushed for me but it was sheer...compared to that it's WAY more pigmented...popping color! and no glitter...more of a frosty finish...and way more pigmented than georiga :)

you're going to love this one!

January 8, 2009 at 11:22 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi missprissdoesablog!

it's AMAZING! you're going to adore it :) LOL well thank you dear I feel very important now *hugs*

You're really going to adore it..it's gorg!

January 8, 2009 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey laura!

$28 I believe...$30? really? where do you live hun?

January 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Ghoulina!

LOL good because it's worthy of a special spot on the wishy list!

January 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey kayvid!

thanks hun! You needs it lol! it will sizzzzzzzle on you!
buy me...buy me lol!

January 8, 2009 at 11:25 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey again kayvid!

I got busy with the holidays and didn't get a chance to pick it up but it worked out in my favor b/c mac had the 25% ff so it should be here anyday...I'll have swatches of all the lips, glosses, powders, and one eye palette shortly :)

January 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok now after your fantastic review & swatches. I totally want it! I hope Sephora does another $15.00 GC promotion again (soon)! Is this permanent or limited edition? May have to wait til April for my bday. Thanks:]

January 8, 2009 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi April!

LOL! So glad you're loving it as much as me ;) this is perm thank god otherwise I'd have to buy 10 lol!

You can wait for April as it'll be around totally :)

January 8, 2009 at 11:35 AM  
Blogger DaisyChain said...

Ohhh I want this, it's gorgeous.

No luck with the palletes, they are all sold out over here I'm afraid.
Let me know if there is anything else you want me to look for.

January 8, 2009 at 11:45 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

'ello me love

no worries *hugs* thank you for looking for me I appreciate it greatly :)

Isn't it gorg!?

January 8, 2009 at 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi muse! thanks for such a great review.
im really looking forward to checking it out when it comes available to use in canada :)
but now that you mentioned it, I'm also gonna look into the NARS, and see which one i should get :P
Thanks

January 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Hey Muse,
I'm debating between this and the new Redhead MSF... I already own orgasm, and I see that it's similar but I am SUCH a sucker for coral. I don't know if you've gotten the MSF yet, but if you have - I was wondering what you would recommend. I'm not familiar with the MAC MSFs, being such a newbie, but mineral powders are generally ok for my quasi-sensitive skin, so that's a non-issue. Thanks!

January 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger Citrine said...

Oh my ...I have to get this...I love nice smelling blushers!

January 10, 2009 at 6:33 PM  
Anonymous Kelly said...

Hi Muse-
You prolly know this by now, but the reason it is a sticker on the Coralista is because it was called Rio when it went into production. They discovered it was already trademarked and had to do something fast. The Coralista sticker was born!

May 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi kelly

sorry for the delayed reply!

Yup I read that :-D hehe! It was interesting that they did it this way wasn't it!?

June 30, 2009 at 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home