Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 13, 2009

Smashbox Muse Blush Rush in Masterpiece Review, Photos, Swatches, and FOTD

The Muse kinda sorta thinks that Smashbox was thinking all about her when they created the Smashbox Muse Collection.

Indeed, I think they got the creative energy flowing and had a mental image of the Muse as they mixed up, created, and finally released the Smashbox Muse Collection.

Oh well at least I'd like to think that's how it went. What? A girl can dream.

When I originally blogged Smashbox Muse I didn't even realize a blush was being released with the collection! Well duh and hello gorgeous! Smashbox Muse Blush Rush in Masterpiece was obviously made exclusively for me because it's most flattering on this Muse's chubby little cheeks...although it's exclusive for the Muse she'll share and let you buy one of your own..if you must....teehee!




The packaging on Smashbox Muse Blush Rush is quite cute as it has a flip top lid with little paint spatters all over the compact and the outer box packaging, flip it up to reveal the blush and a nice size mirror! I was slightly scared of the shade which they have entitled Masterpiece in keeping with the "arty" theme of things, as it appears to be a warmer, muddier orange shade and normally that's not quite flattering on my face. To look at it one would never know how pigmented it is as the formula, upon first glance, appears quite chalky however it blends seamlessly and offers a nice warm peachy pop of color to my cheeks! Likey! See? I told you they had me in mind when they created this collection.



In keeping with Spring I do think that the shade would go perfectly with greens, golds, and browns for a warm, fresh look. It's suggested on the website to prep and prime with the new Smashbox Hybrid Luminizing Primer (review coming shortly) and apply Smashbox Blush Rush in Masterpiece on top. I haven't yet tried this but I will do so shortly as I'm curious what the finished results will look like.







All in all I'm quite pleased with the blush and I was finding myself wishing that they had released other shades. The blush is $24 USD and available now at www.smashbox.com

A Muse sporting Blush Rush in Masterpiece


The Muse is all about Muse Approving it for purchase! Go get yours as it's not only good for this Muse but all Muses out there. For soft, glowing cheeks for the Spring, Masterpiece has you covered.


What do you think of the Smashbox Muse Collection?

Are you hauling any of it for yourself?

related posts

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cute cut blushers!!! i had the eye shadow palette only but it is most amazing!!! you gotta get the entire collection as everything has your named on!

January 13, 2009 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger delete this said...

Ohh I just picked the blush and primer yesterday - the colour looks so natural but pretty on my darker skin tone. Love it! I might return the eyeshadow palette though because I am not hugely sold on the colours.

January 13, 2009 at 7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The swatch looks so orange, but on your face it is lovely. Suits you perfectly.

January 14, 2009 at 1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hafta agree that Smashbox made this for you. Cos you look absolutely, gorgeously, wide-eyed and fresh in this FOTD :D

cheers,
Witchy

January 14, 2009 at 2:34 AM  
Blogger delete this said...

I got this the other day and its a very flattering shade on me - it looks really natural but gives that subtle hint of colour. I also got the Hybrid Luminizing Primer and the Eye Palette but I think the Eye Palette is going back as the colours are close to things I have and I am not to impressed with them. But the blush and primer as great!

January 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM  
Blogger delete this said...

Oppps double post - can you delete one Ms. Muse?

January 14, 2009 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jojoba!

LOL stop tempting me...shadow palette is amazingggggg I also got a lip paint which I loves :) I'm doing small reviews of each product ;) be on the look out for FOTD Smashbox Muse style ;)

hehe!

January 14, 2009 at 11:16 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning J!

The primer is lovelyyyyyyyy :) I just swatched my palette and so far I like the shadows but not sure how they will wear ;) Can't wait to fotd 'em!

January 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey nell!

I know! I was so worried it would be muddy orange on :)

Thanks hun *hug*

January 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi witchy!

AWWWWWWW thanks honey :) *hugs*

January 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey j ;)
think two posted lol!

January 14, 2009 at 11:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe that's ok j!

I don't mind :) You can leave it! I adore talking to you even if it's twice hehe!

January 14, 2009 at 11:30 AM  
Blogger molly said...

Hey Muse! Don't think I've ever commented before but have been reading for a year now. Your LUSH face regime youtube vid was posted on the NA Lush forums and I followed the linkies. :)

Actually, I love what's on your lips in this pic, what is it? We tend to look great in the same blushes (and I share the same fondness for shimmers and sparkles!) so I take your recs very seriously! :)

January 14, 2009 at 6:18 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi molly!!!!!!!!! Fantastic lol I didn't know I made it onto Lush NA I normally hang out on the UK forum!

ahh that's the creamy bobbi brown lippie I recently got..I'm reviewing it shortly..believe it was called retro pink? expect the review/post shortly with more details :)

yayayay! my shimmer/blush twin ;)

Thanks for reading my little blog hun!

January 15, 2009 at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home