Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 10, 2009

Philosophy Cinnamon Hot Dots Shower Gel Review

Not so long ago in a distant land far, far away...well, ok, maybe it wasn't so far away.

Not so long ago in a land quite close by named Bath and Body Works a Valentine's release of a special 3 in 1 Shower Gel was released entitled Red Hot Love Story!

The Muse remembers the release like it was yesterday and cherishes her excitement upon taking her first sniff of the spicy sweetness that was Red Hot Love Story. Bath and Body Works extended it's popular (and long gone *sniff*) Temptations line up to include the limited edition Red Hot Love Story for Valentine's Day.


Now Red Hot Love Story was truly an interesting little product and the Muse simply loved it. Allow me, if I may, to bestow upon you some mental images to help you understand what it smelled like.



Last year the Muse was able to snag a few bottles of Bath and Body Works Red Hot Love Story at the semi-annual sale for $3 each. I was really dreading the day that I used my last bottle because I sincerely love this.

But good news!

The gods at Philosophy have introduced Cinnamon Hot Dots 3 in 1 Shower Gel! Bless be! Just in time for Valentine's Day too!






It's spicy, it's hot, and it's sweet. What more could a girl ask for? It's an exact dupe of those old fashion Red Hot candies that you loved (or hated) as a child. First sniff hits you with a tingling spicy hotness and a slow sweetness that takes the edge off all that cinnamon! The Muse likes to think of it as ambrosia.

The Muse thought she'd give you a friendly service announcement about the fact that Philosophy Shower Gels can be used as a shampoo, shower gel, and a bubble bath!

Although I'm not big on V-Day I simply adore the novelty of Philosophy Cinnamon Hot Dots and it even puts me in a little bit of a festive mood for hearts, candy, and lurve.

Snag a bottle two for yourself and give a bottle or two to a friend to make their Valentine's Day all the more sweeter!




The Muse Approves spicy, sweet, hotness from Philosophy!

Loves it?

Leaves it?

Do you like the scent of red hots?

Tell the Muse!

Grab it now at Sephora!

related posts

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOoooooooooove it!
I somehow have to get my hands on this. Hot Tamales are my favorite candy, I bring large boxes home from the US every time, lol.

January 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM  
Blogger Laura Kristine said...

Just got back from Sephora's little skincare consult day (bought the new Philosophy Acne kit... I'm a sucker for retinol!) and did a double take at the Philosophy Bath display...

OMG! I sniffed this bad boy... and I will be throwing down the $16 to pick it up. I've been hoarding my last bottle of Temptations RHLS, but now I don't have to!!! I do have to say though, that the Philosophy version is spicier than the BBW one... and I think I like it better! :)

Have you sniffed the Red Licorice Gelee? Smells EXACTLY like Strawberry Twizzlers! I'm gonna have to get the lip gloss in it as well as the Gelee!

January 10, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss Bath and Body Works Temptations too. Philosophy is good, but they'd be even better if they had an iced tea one. lol

January 11, 2009 at 7:27 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL Nell! I like the red hot cinnamon hears they put out for v-day! They are soft and gummy...delissssssh!

January 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi elle!

I seen that kit and it looked quite nice :)

Isn't it lovely? Did you sniff Pink Layer Cake too? It's so gorg! It is indeed....after sniffing both I noticed the BBW had a bit more sugar to it :)

This one is absolutely red hot! Smokin'!

I did and I got it..so gorg! Sweet as hell..LOVE IT! I wanted the kit but than I settled for a big old bottle instead :)

January 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi Anonymous!

me too sniffle! Don't worry I imagin philosophy will pick up on that sooner or later :)

January 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home