Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Jan 4, 2009

WANT: Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash

If the promo image is anything to go by, Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash may be something to look forward to and could be added to the old wishy list!


Mysterious, dark, gorgeous lashes await you with Make Up For Ever brand new mascara, Smoky Lash.

Well..maybe all that doesn't await me...I haven't tried it yet so I'm not the authority on anything mysterious, dark, or gorgeous however have no fear I'll be adding it to the review list shortly as I am intrigued by this one.

The mascara offers the standard fair of adding curl, volume, and length to lashes however it also has a deeply pigmented formula which was designed to create a volumized look to lashes. Be still my beating heart! It sounds almost to good to be true!


I am slightly weary of the brush applicator as it looks a tad bit messy considering the formula appears extra thick and gooey but aside from that it does look pretty good and the promo model is really selling the Muse on it.

I must have it!

WANT!

How about you?

What do you think?

Wants it?

Not so much?

Tell the Muse!

related posts

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger jackieg02 said...

I've gotten a sample of it from Sephora a month or so ago. I loved it. But I really don't wanna drop twenty something bucks on mascara. I have been using L'Oreal Carbon Black Voluminous mascara and have similar results.

January 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Lolita Riot said...

I'd like to buy that model's faces please =p!

January 4, 2009 at 2:45 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

Oh my Goddess!
I LOVE the ad. I love the model.
Love the lips, the hair, the eyes, the nails, the whole entire look.
I have no idea what the product is... oh mascara... but wow, I love the ad.

January 4, 2009 at 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have read good things about this and i want to try it too! the local MUFE works on snail path so i doubt we will have this anytime soon...

January 4, 2009 at 4:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jackie! Yay good stuff than is it? ;) It's a bit much true :( but I don't like DS mascara at all :P never works for me :(

January 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol ditto sher!

January 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

me too dd..doesn't she kinda sorta remind you of the clarins promo for fall?!

;)

I adore the ad too :) so goth chic!

January 4, 2009 at 7:10 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jojoba!

wait for the good word from me :) and than you can always hunt it down to see if it arrives hehe!

January 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I won't pick up this mascara but kudos to the ad gal that put this together! This will sell a lot of it I'm sure. What a gorgeous pic...never would've thought all that black could be so compelling and beautiful. Thanks for posting:)

January 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Muse,
I got a Beauty Insider sample of it a few months ago, it gives gorgeous, thick, dramatic lashes but a little too thick and clumpy for day time. Plus it had some flakage. I loved it for a smoky eye, but it was a little too OTT for my not so conservative tastes.

Big hugs,
Critty

January 4, 2009 at 9:14 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi aestheticcoo!

agreed! It's so amazing isn't it? I'm not much for so much black (especially on lips) but lord it's gorg! Quite reminds me of the Clarins Fall promo but way better!

January 5, 2009 at 9:26 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey critty!

lucky girl..I never get cool beauty insider samples like that :P

yak flakage?! not good :P you're too cute critty :) conservative eh? =-)

January 5, 2009 at 9:27 AM  
Blogger Ghoulina said...

I'm with Sher, I want to buy the model's face! If that's not an option, then I at least need every last product they used on her hehe! I've heard good things about this mascara so I really want to try it too! ^_^

January 5, 2009 at 10:18 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL me too :) Ghoulina! but sadly if I ever attempted it I'd look just plain dumb :P wish I could look so chic!

I do too! Looks pretty nice!

January 5, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home