Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 8, 2008

Prescriptives Calyx Review

Say Hello to my wake me up before I go, go fragrance!





Oh my god can I tell you my sister and I missed the boat with George Michael! We so didn't know he was gay until around 2000...what the hell? I attract gay men like a magnet why didn't I know about this? I think it was that Father Figure video that fooled us! All that sex couldn't be acted! Turns out it could be....darn....I can't lie and say we weren't disappointed (this was at the point where George Michael was hot sex on wheels of course) however it does open a new door for me as now I so want to be BFF's with George Michael! I know he'd just love my taste in fragrance...and cosmetics....and we could wear each others fabulous clothes, actually I could wear his fabulous clothes...I'm unsure if my closet holds anything fabulous....

Anyway....

I was about to tell you all about my new love, Prescriptives Calyx! Oh my god such a refreshing, tart, gorgeous wake me up scent! I haven't really been in touch with Prescriptives fragrances since Flirt! Remember Flirt? It was my favorite perfume evers way back in the day but it can easily be replaced by Prescriptives Calyx...way betters people!



The exhilarating tangy, tartness of Calyx totally appeals and is exactly what I've been searching for in a fragrance forever. Something fun, upbeat, really refreshing, with just the right amount of pop! The notes include a blend of grapefruit (very dominant note), mandarin, tropical passion fruits, mango, papaya, and guave. Fruitylicious! I think the grapefruit successfully dominates the other notes in the blend to create a really refreshing fragrance that has a huge twang to it! Other notes include florals such as rose, lily, jasmin, and marigold and base notes of oakmoss, sandalwood, and vertiver. Personally I get a dominant note of grapefruit with a hints of lily and a shot of vetiver which makes this very tart.



I simply love this one and can't say enough good things about it! I highly recommend trying it out for yourself if you like tart, fruity blends with a tiny hint of floral. Sounds weird combining lily with grapefruit but I promise it creates an interesting blend that's sure to please!



I'm telling you about Prescriptives Calyx today because Prescriptives currently has some great gifts available and Calyx happens to make a guest starring appearance in one of the gifts being offered!



The Prescriptives Calyx Collection is $47.50 USD and includes the following:

Full Size Calyx
Travel Size Calyx Body Lotion
Travel Siz Calyx Purse Spray
and a silver Perscriptives bag with all of your Calyx goodies tucked inside!

The set is available for a limited time so you might want to grab it for yourself or as a gift while the getting is good as I'm sure it won't be around after the Holidays! I'm thinking of grabbing one for my friend Jenn since we are scent twins! Snag yours by visiting the Prescriptives website!

This one is very Muse Approved! I think you'll love it if you're seeking out that wake me up before you go, go blend! And I promise George would so love it!



That wavy, mullet really did it for me 20 year's ago!




Jill Stuart Perfume Review

Harajuku Lovers G Review

Clean Winter Review

Ralph Lauren Notorious Review

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you mention this fragrance. It really seems to be an unknown but it's one of the best fragrances around I think. I've been wearing this (off/on) since college...so that's been about 10 years now. I usually reserve this for summer time. It's bright and refreshing. I was able to pick up at a CCO a gift set with the shower gel and lotion with a full size edt this summer. I absolutely adore the silver bags with the lime green trim. Great stuff!

December 8, 2008 at 7:19 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

Hey Paige!!!!!!!

It's unknown to me as I never really noticed it was around...! :) I'm so glad I finally found it! It's fabs for Summer :) It's not really a scent for Winter but I kinda dig the way it wakes me up!!!!!!!!!

ooo must check out my CCO see if I can nab a deal :)

December 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Shefali said...

Hey Muse! Love the video!!

I used to wear this fragrance in college...circa 1991. I loved it then but never bought another bottle. I'm glad you highlighted it...I don't think alot of people know it exists!

December 9, 2008 at 12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was my first ever fragrance way back when, lol! I love it! Oh were did my youth go, sigh, (feeling the heavy burden of my 33 years today)

December 9, 2008 at 2:57 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hehe thanks shefali! Me too :) such a corny one right?

I never knew this was even around....!!!!! I always remember Flirt but not this! How did I miss it!? I fall into the people that didn't know it existed category :)

December 9, 2008 at 8:29 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

LOL I'm with ya Nell! 31 and heading down fast lol!

December 9, 2008 at 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it anything like Annick Goutal's L'eau D'Hadrien? That has to be my all time favorite fragrance.

December 9, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger Tammy M said...

I saw this at my CCO, now I MUST go back to nab it! Those sweet girls in there know me by sight! Hee hee!
Oh, George Michaels! I thought he was the sexiest thing on earth, mighty disappointed to learn he was gay too!

December 9, 2008 at 9:53 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hmm trying to remember how it smells Mandy...I feel like all of Annick Goutal's fragrances run together..all are amazing..but there are so damn many!

December 9, 2008 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

amen sis! George Michael being gay was devastating lol!

I'm ashamed to say they know me at CCO too..the little lady that works there goes to the back and brings out the new goods when I step in the door lol!

So diseased!

December 9, 2008 at 10:07 AM  
Blogger Mukho said...

Hey... I've been busy and stuff... lame excuse, right?

Anyway, I can only be on the outside looking in, vicariously thru the blogworld when it comes to perfume bcos my third world salary doesnt go a long way translated into dollars :(

But I did buy a Versace crystal noir for my mom. Will give it to her when I next visit. Hope she likes it.. can u tell me anything abt it? I was in a tearing hurry to catch a flight when I bought it, and I sort of just took a whiff, liked it and bought it.

December 9, 2008 at 12:00 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

it's a great excuse hun :) I totally can relate *hugs*

aww I'm sorry hun...everything converts crap lately :(

I haven't tried Versace Crystal Noir too be honest...hmmmm trying to recall if I ever smelled it but I don't believe I have. I'm sure she'll love it :)!!!!!

December 9, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home