Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 3, 2008

Givenchy Holiday 2008: Givenchy Prisme Again! Blush Quartet in Glowing Rose Review, Swatches, & FOTD

Glow on darlin'! Glow on!

If you're looking for that perfect combination of blush and highlighter let me introduce you to Givenchy Prisme Again! Blush Quartet in Glowing Rose. I have several of Givenchy's Blush Quartet compacts and I have to say that Glowing Rose is probably my favorite. The colors all work well to together to give your cheeks a pop of frosty, flushed color!



The quartet is made up of four shades of color. The primary colors are pink and coral and the highlighting shades are a light pink and rose. I noticed that the two main colors have a matte finish where as the two lighter shades have a frosty, shimmer finish. You can apply by sweeping your brush in all four shades and brushing onto the apples of cheeks this produces a soft rosy glow. By concentrating your brush on the darker pink and coral and applying you'll end up with a deeper flush to cheeks which you can highlight by using the lighter shades on the cheek bone and contours of the face. The Muse isn't the skinniest girl around these parts so she was a tad worried at the frosty finish as frosts lends a pound to my already full face. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how very nice and fresh the product looks on. I find it easier and best to simply swirl my brush in all four shades and apply to my chubby cheeks but as I mentioned you can get technical with the shades by applying different colors to different parts of the face.

















I did a few photos for you displaying the blush in different ways as you can get a feel for how it works.

Below I'm wearing all four shades on the apple of my cheeks!




In this photo I'm wearing just the two darkest shades. As you can see without the highlighter the colors are more matte without as much of the shimmery frost finish that the lighter shades lend to my look!


In this photo I applied the light shades on top of the darker shades. See how the two lighter shades morphed the darker ones to create a lighter flush?


Just the lighter shades on my cheeks here!


Off topic of Givenchy but in case you're curious I am wearing the Skin79 Gold Label BB Cream that I reviewed earlier this week. Considering that I took a photo wearing no makeup when I reviewed the cream I thought you'd like to take note that this is how it looks with a bit of blusher! When I originally reviewed I did mention the cream causes an unnatural look to the skin but after makeup application the color blended flawlessly with my skin. And as you can see above, with a bit of blush, the color is perfection!

This particular Givenchy Prisme Again! Blush Quartet is part of the Givenchy Holiday Collection 2009 so it's design is extra special. The compact has a new fireworks (although the Muse thinks the fireworks look like little snowflakes!) motif on a purple background. The compact has the standard Givenchy dual flip compact design which has the blush on top and a nifty little compartment beneath for the brush. Normally I love the brushes that come with Givenchy products however I prefer using a bigger, fluffier brush for application of Glowing Rose as it worked better at blending the blush on my cheeks! The brush is nice and soft with standard square head.







On a side note I think it deserves to be mentioned that Givenchy has recently been cutting the cost of products here and there. Such products as the new Givenchy Couture Palette and Givenchy Mister Bright have all seen a drastic dip in prices. I think we should all celebrate the fact that Givenchy is making luxe beauty more affordable during an economic slump. Bravo!

If you're looking for that perfect holiday glow the Muse recommends checking out the new Givenchy Blush Qartet in Glowing Rose! It's a winner for me and Muse Approved for purchase!



Find out more about the Givenchy Holiday Collection 2008 at www.parfumsgivenchy.com

Do tell the Muse....

Are you loving Givenchy Holiday 2008?

Wanting anything from the collection?

Tell the Muse!



Givenchy Mister Bright Review

Find out which Givenchy products are part of my Beauty Addiction!

Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara Review

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't like givenchy... almost every single powder product i have tried from this line lacks of pigmentation. too sheer for me. this blush still looks very light on you and you are lighter than me. won't do a thing for me again. i think this brand is meant for light skinned only. *_*

good review, nevertheless. :)

December 3, 2008 at 3:44 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

the palette is gorgeous

December 3, 2008 at 5:28 PM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

I LOVE the last 2 photos of you, where you have the lighter shades on top of the darker shades, and then just the lighter shades.

When you swatched the colors, I liked the rightmost shade the best.

This is gorgeous! It looks so pretty on you ;)

December 3, 2008 at 6:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

! I just got this 2 days ago! we have the same lemmings <3

Man if i didn't have anything else to buy, i would have bought everything in the collection. The lipsticks are love. Do you have diorskin shimmer powder in 001 rose diamond? I'm curious (and lemming it..) as to how it compares to this as both blushers have frosty, rosy shades.( the dior one has a mix of 5 shades)

December 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger AskMeWhats said...

You are LITERALLY GLOWING!!! So pretty!

December 4, 2008 at 12:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ahha musEEE!!! i love your pictures. like i said before, your smiles are SO CUTEEE omygosh. it just makes my day!!!!!!!! your eyes are like so big too!! lucky!

December 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey jojoba!

seriously?! I've always had an unhealthy obssession with all things givenchy :)

Oh no I have a few blushes that are pretty bold and vibrant...one is a red quad which is really popping...maybe it would work for you?

Aw thanks :) glad you enjoyed the review!

December 4, 2008 at 9:09 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there Amina!

How are you today?

I agree ;) I think it's pretty gorgeous too!

December 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd :)

Thanks hun! You're my biggest supporter hehe!

December 4, 2008 at 9:10 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

morning helena how are you love?

LOL awesome! How are you liking it?!

I wish we got the Japanese powder release from Givenchy..it looks ridiculously gorgeous!

No...I actually killed the lemming as someone mentioned that it was terribly crumbly and a bit gritty not as smooth and nice as 002!

So I decided meh..spend $ on something else!

I think it's something you have to swatch for yourself but sadly we only got 002 in NA and Europe and Asia got 001 and 002! Oh woe is the US :P

December 4, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

thanks nikki :)

You're a doll!

December 4, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi there minsun!

How are you today lovie?

Aww thank you very much...mostly I look goofy lol!

You're so sweet thank you! *hugs*

December 4, 2008 at 9:13 AM  
Blogger Phyrra said...

That reminds me! Check your twitter!

December 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

! I could cp stuff for you if you want, like Dior's night diamond powder, it's only $60 usd here strangely, we got both shades over here. I would get it but i have a lot of highlighters already =p planning to get me some gransenbon blusher too, it's in local drugstores and they are really shimmery too.

For the japanese release of givenchy holiday, are you talking about the prisme powder, with the pink beige and yellow shades? Or the poudre du soir shimmering caresse? We got both here, i don't mind cping for you <3

I haven't used this blusher yet, but i think i'll reach for it daily because i am more of a natural blush/highlighter kind of girl, i use blush very sparingly.

Oh and last time we talked about maquillage's gel liner limited ed release, i ended up buying both grey and red because they were sooo pretty. The grey is shimmery gunmetal, if you layer more on it's a bit metallic and silvery looking. The red is a gorgeous dark burgundy, darkened with copper rust. It's a sophisticated type of dark red, and it's water and smudge-proof, it totally outlasted bobbi brown, bobbi smudged on me even due to humidity on a tropical hellhole i call home.

December 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hey dd!

will do...I've very very very behind on comments, posts, and twitter :)

forgive me :)

December 12, 2008 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi helena!

Thanks hun! Appreciate it big time!
I heard 'pore got the gransenbon blushes..so awesome :) I love 'em!

I was looking at the loose powder which was the poudre du soir shimmering caresse..so pretties!

Again thanks for the cp offer :)

I use a bit too much blush sometimes as I like to lighten up any dull spots!

omg the red gel liner sounds so so so so fabs! I wanted them but I was trying to be good! It's so hard to resist :)

Thanks again for the CP I might take you up on it but for now I'm playing good girl hehe!

I know I promised you one and had an epic fail..I'm sorry I just get terribly busy :(

Hugs!

December 12, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home