Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 8, 2008

L'Oreal Skin Genesis Micro-Smoothing Wet Cleansing Towelettes Review

The Muse has tricked herself into believing that Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads actually do something for her skin!

Ha!

Don't you dare sit there and not admit that sometimes you have a product that you know doesn't work but you use it anyway because you've somehow convinced yourself it's the awesome! Don't lie...I'll know if you're lying....I'm the Muse after all! In this case I've convinced myself that Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads are the the bee's knees.....but deep down inside I know they are junk...but I like to illusion myself since I have a big old jar full that I really want to get through! By the way I didn't even know bee's had knees! Awesome! Anyway what was I
saying.....

Oh yea...so I replaced my Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads with L'Oreal Skin Genesis Micro-Smoothing Wet Cleansing Towelettes...why does this stuff have to have such a freaking long name...god....









Anyway......for a week I switched over to L'Oreal Skin Genesis Towelettes and I gotta say I'm kinda digging them! Ok first off...they do only an ok job of removing makeup so don't get too excited. They remove makeup quite well but my mascara not so much or my heavy duty eye makeup...but the good news is I'm not interested in using these to remove my makeup anyway!







Now what I really like about these is the smoothing technique. Each towelette is quilted, pre-moistened, and quite a nice, large size. In the morning I use these to tone my face and resurface. They work fantastic at softening my dry skin, removing flaky skin, and creating a nice, moist surface for my makeup. Lucky enough they aren't sticky and so far they haven't dried my skin out plus they are heaps cheaper than Philosophy Microdelivery Peel Pads.

If you're looking for something you can use to prime your face prior to makeup while resurfacing your skin and creating a nice, dewy finish you might want to check these out! I'm kinda digging them and think I'll repurchase them again after I'm through with the 25 pack I have!



Mary-Kate and Ashley Blush on the Go Make Up Sheets Review


Covergirl TRUblend Whipped Foundation Review


Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Review

L'Oreal Studio Perfect Fix and L'Oreal Smoothing Cream Review

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Izzy bb, y u no e-mail or comment me no more? We can chats through Gmail, if you likes! Seriously: did you know Gmail has a chatting feature? I found that out like, yesterday! Amazing!

December 8, 2008 at 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, might have to give these a go. Cheap works for me!

December 8, 2008 at 6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on about Philosophy's pads. Unfortunately, I just never used mine and they dried out but I still tried to revive them by adding a bit of water. One product of theirs that I think is really good is their Microdermabrasion set. I still haven't found wipes that I really enjoy using so I'll look for these next time in the drugstore and try it. Thanks for the post!

December 8, 2008 at 7:25 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

dude you seriously behind in the technology...are you free in the day tomorrow?

we talk and make cyber lovings then?

December 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hells yes dancinggal..cheap works for me too hehe!

December 8, 2008 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

my pleasure Paige :) Yea...I've convinced myself they are so awesome but really..they def are NOT....

However, these are kind a good cheap way of prepping prior to foundation..I find it removes my flakes and creates a good working canvas :)

I think the quilted towel def helps it work best!

December 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger jkim said...

sigh. same happened here with the md skincare alpha beta peel pads... stinging face does not always = good complexion. especially in this case. sigh. that was money that could've been spent elsewhere. spent WELL elsewhere. sigh.

anyway, thanks for the heads up on these. perhaps they'll fare better for me.

December 8, 2008 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

haven't tried those jkim (can I call you jean? that's your first name right or am I think of someone else?)

The philosophy ones didn't sting but they were sticky and didn't really do much :P They are kinda sitting, hanging out on my vanity...money not well spent for sure!

I tried the dr denese ones too..but those are kinda wonky feeling as well....

They are pretty gentle plus no sticky residue!

December 8, 2008 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger jkim said...

of course you can call me jean!

yeah, i would say the alpha beta peels... definitely a case of "try before you buy." many people swear by them, and it has great reviews on sephora and mua. for me, it just didn't do anything. also found out that it hardly contains any aha or bha, if it even does at all, which i find interesting. ... so, yeah, definitely a waste of money for me.

i think the moral of this story is to avoid expensive facial pad products. period.

December 10, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

hi jean :)
thanks!

Sorry for the delayed reply been the week from hells :)

I'm with you :P plus they leave my face sticky as heck!

LOL good advice...I never truly found one that works :P

December 12, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home