Musings of a Muse

A Blog of Musings from a Cosmetic Whore

Dec 5, 2007

Jill Stuart Christmas Coffret 2007 First Impressions



I got my Jill Stuart Christmas Coffret a few days ago. I had promised myself I wouldn't bother with it but I must say I am happy I went ahead and purchased it because it's quite gorgeous!

My favorite item out of the gift set is the very cute satin pouch it came with! It's really roomy and just gorgeous for storing little treasures in! I love this!



The coffret isn't anything to write home about to be honest. It did include some great items but it's nothing you absolutely need so if you missed out buying this rest assured you'll be fine and won't die of lemming. I promise.

The set also included Shimmer Tint Face Gloss which is scented with a beautiful rose. The gloss comes in a mirrored compact that slides easily opened and closed. Very nice item but pointless a bit as it's a balm and I don't particularly care for using balms on my face.

Jill Stuart Shimmer Tint Face Gloss




The lipgloss included is a gorgeous shimmering red color which is quite nice. Packaging wise it's very beautiful with the standard jewel look of all Jill Stuart glosses. As I said the color is gorgeous but I'm slightly worried about the applicator. It comes with a sponge applicator but it doesn't appear to pick up much product upon first look! This remains to be seen as I have to smooth some on my lips before judging fully!

Jill Stuart Lipgloss in Rose Gleam


You'll also get a cuticle oil which also comes in the gorgeous Jill Stuart packaging with the gem encrusted topper! This is something the Muse can really use as her cuticles are in terrible shape in the winter!

Jill Stuart Cuticle Oil


Another favorite of mine is the scented choker! It's quite a nice choker and they give you plenty of ribbon with it so you can tie in snugly around your neck with a bit hanging down for a nice effect! It's quite a pretty piece!



And finally last but never least would be the Brilliance Eyes Palette in the special Christmas packaging! This is a lace palette with ribbon and quite lovely! If you're a collector of the Brilliance palettes this will be something you'll definately appreciate! I somehow fail to get excited about these palettes as the colors tend to leans towards the same thing over and over. The only colors in this palette that really shout at me and are "new'ish" would be the pinky rose color and the bright yellow. The other two shades are similar to what I already have in previous Jill Stuart palettes. This is not to say that the palette isn't lovely because it truly is but I do wish that they'd release some newer shades!

Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes Palette Christmas Edition






Overall, a beautiful Coffret from Jill Stuart this year but I'd say you can safely skip it unless you're a die hard collector and fan! It's beautiful yes but nothing to get too hyped over!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather Mary said...

*sigh* her stuff is so purty, i wish it was sold here in the US :( it still isnt available here, right? *sniffles*

December 5, 2007 at 5:59 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

*sniff* nothing here yet sadly! Maybe come summer!??!

Wishing, Hoping, Praying!

December 5, 2007 at 6:08 PM  
Blogger Heather Mary said...

we should slam them with emails begging them to expand here! LOL

December 5, 2007 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger the Muse said...

lol good idea :)

can we also tell them to ditch lindsay lohan too?

hehe!

December 5, 2007 at 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it looks pretty. But I agree with you. I gave it a pass as the colours look similar to the other JS palettes. :(

December 6, 2007 at 4:20 AM  
Blogger the Muse said...

yes sadly so :(

and the upcoming spring palette looks pretty much the same as what we already have sigh!

December 7, 2007 at 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Comments are moderated and won't display right away. Thank you.

Please keep in mind all of the following when commenting. Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the editor of Musings of a Muse. Readers whose comments violate the terms of use may have their comments removed by the editor without notice.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home